Windows 10: Synchronizing Music between W10 and W10M?

Discus and support Synchronizing Music between W10 and W10M? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings! Ever since migrating my slightly aged Lumia 1520 from W8.1 to W10 ( Insider Program ) I'm plagued with Playlist and Playback issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Durahl, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Durahl Win User

Synchronizing Music between W10 and W10M?

Greetings!

Ever since migrating my slightly aged Lumia 1520 from W8.1 to W10 ( Insider Program ) I'm plagued with Playlist and Playback issues.

Some of the issues in detail:
    • After creating a Playlist in the Groove Music App on the Desktop I have it automatically sync to my Phone where some Music in the Playlist would appear as not available on this Device despite this clearly not being the case.
      On the Phone I then manually add the missing Tracks to the Playlist which ends up with a duplicate of missing and existing Tracks.
      After removing the missing Tracks on the Phone's Playlist the problem then shifts to the PC where the Playlist, now synced back to the Desktop, will show the just removed Tracks as missing like what happened before on the Phone - Interestingly enough, it's ALWAYS the same Tracks.
    • Songs not playing to the end - For some reason some Songs just stop playing like halfway through the Song.
      Problem is I can't repeat the error... Sometimes Songs play just fine for like 9/10 times and then bam... the 1/10 it stopped halfway and then continues with another Song.
    • Playlist not continue playing - Not sure if this is related to the Songs not playing but whenever this happens I have to go into the Music app and manually continue Playback.

These Errors only happen when I move my Phone to W10M, no problems on W8.1M.
    Reverting back to W8.1M solves them all.

The Errors also appear to be unrelated to the Hardware as testing it on a brand new 950XL has shown the same problems.
    Music Playback on an iPhone 6S is also without Problems.

Tried every possible method in moving Music from PC to the Phone:
    • Copy/Pasting using the Windows File Explorer ( won't copy DRM Protected Music )
    • Having the Windows Phone Desktop App do the File Transfer ( appears to be discontinued!? )
    • Transferring Music from PC to OneDrive and from there to the Phone ( ugh... )

None of these appear to solve the issue.

Any ideas? As it looks like I'm probably stuck with iOS just to be able to listen to music as my Lumia 1520 is about to kick the bucket and all the new Windows Phones only support W10 thus downgrading them isn't an option >_>

Any ideas?

:)

Durahl, Jul 20, 2016

2. W10 Calendar Synching

I have W10 on 2 PCs. How do I synchronize the Calendar app between them?

Felix Kapron, Jul 20, 2016
  3. Comes With Music and (Finnish) Music Store

Cannot log in with "ovi" ending. Old username and password are working. Furthermore, I cannot synchronize music between computer and phone, as the Ovi Music client tells either computer or phone is not registered. I bought a new computer a week ago, but
    it worked with the old Ovi Music client.

lihapiirakka, Jul 20, 2016
  4. Synchronizing Music between W10 and W10M?

Hi,
    Not sure on the playback problems, but for playlists and keeping music in sync i find the best way is to fully use Onedrive for it (assuming you have access to unlimited data and enough storage space)

If you store the music in the Onedrive folder on your desktop, this makes no difference to playback on desktop, its just stored in a different location
    Then on your other devices this should all be available
    If you want it playable offline on other devices, download it from Onedrive using the make available offline option in Groove on the phone

Doing it like this for me very rarely causes issues and sync playlists perfectly

paulsalter, Jul 20, 2016
  5. Durahl Win User
    Mhh... I usually store my Music on a different Drive... Maybe adding it to the OneDrive Folder WILL actually solve these issues.
    I guess I'll give it a try.

Durahl, Jul 21, 2016
  6. Might be worth a try with just a couple of albums, see how it goes

With playlist i can see it messing up if they are stored locally

eg
    If you create a playlist with 10 songs from e:\music
    the playlist should sync fine across devices, but when it looks for the music, the phone will think, what is this e:\music, dont recognise this
    so then if you add the files stored locally on the phone to the playlist, the PC will then get confused over where the music is
    causing duplicates and music not to be found

if the music is stored on Onedrive, both devices have access to this and will see everything, only difference will be that some is streaming only unless its downloaded, and playlists will look at this master list of music

Thats how I understand it as working, if that makes any sense

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Synchronizing Music between W10 and W10M?

1. Synchronizing Music between W10 and W10M? - Similar Threads - Synchronizing Music between

2. Disable time synchronization between two local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable time synchronization between two local accounts: Hi all.Initial data: Windows 10 is installed on the laptop with two accounts, one of them is an administrator, the second is a regular user. Both have access.Task: set up the system so that each local user has a different date and time. At the moment, when setting the date on...
  3. Disable time synchronization between two local accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable time synchronization between two local accounts: Hi all.Initial data: Windows 10 is installed on the laptop with two accounts, one of them is an administrator, the second is a regular user. Both have access.Task: set up the system so that each local user has a different date and time. At the moment, when setting the date on...
  4. Using OneCloud to synchronize files between desktop and laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using OneCloud to synchronize files between desktop and laptop: Like many, I have a desktop and laptop. I use the desktop at work and the laptop when I travel. I want to keep files in Documents and Pictures in sync. The implication is that onecloud someone makes it easy.Ok, moving .pst to a differnet direction and other messy things done....
  5. Using OneCloud to synchronize files between desktop and laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using OneCloud to synchronize files between desktop and laptop: Like many, I have a desktop and laptop. I use the desktop at work and the laptop when I travel. I want to keep files in Documents and Pictures in sync. The implication is that onecloud someone makes it easy.Ok, moving .pst to a differnet direction and other messy things done....
  6. diginnos dg-w10m

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    diginnos dg-w10m: For my diginnos dg-w10m on windows divice recovery tools no package how tosolve my bitlocker and blue sreen same problem 138845
  7. Bitlocker on diginnos dg-w10m

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker on diginnos dg-w10m: My phone diginnos dg-w10m stuck at blue screen bitlocker i try recover by windows recoverytool no package on server please help my problem if any one have firmware and tool send to my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** thanks...
  8. Bitlocker on diginnos dg-w10m

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker on diginnos dg-w10m: My phone diginnos dg-w10m stuck at blue screen bitlocker i try recover by windows recoverytool no package on server please help my problem if any one have firmware and tool send to my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** thanks...
  9. Music controls on W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music controls on W10: I was listening to many European radio stations before W10 now nothing works as before. What do I need to do to get the media back. Thanks 20103
  10. need to synchronize between two folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to synchronize between two folders: Hi Am sorting out hundreds of photos for archiving, need to add them to final folder and delete from the source folder...I have a complete backup on another partition, which I have to copy to at the end of each session to keep them both up to date.....I hear there is an MS...