Windows 10: Synchronizing program and folder shortcut

Discus and support Synchronizing program and folder shortcut in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, dear ones! I have Microsoft 365 Personal and one of its benefits is OneDrive with 1TB. Well, I synchronize the following folders:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by imbsa, Jan 13, 2021.

1. imbsa Win User

Synchronizing program and folder shortcut

Hello, dear ones!
    I have Microsoft 365 Personal and one of its benefits is OneDrive with 1TB. Well, I synchronize the following folders:

• Workspace;
    • Documents;
    • Images.

Well, when installing a new program, I end up allowing the creation of a shortcut on the desktop to make my life easier and increase my productivity, but I realized that in some cases OneDrive is synchronizing .lnk the shortcut for program for the cloud.

Figure 01: Work area​

Synchronizing program and folder shortcut d589e698-eca3-4884-b5c9-1d0599c80727?upload=true.png

Figure 02: Image on OneDrive WEB​

Synchronizing program and folder shortcut 6df53254-4520-48aa-972b-237c48a53965?upload=true.png

In the example above, TeXstudio is being synchronized. Unlike shortcuts: Adobe Reader and EPSON Scan.

In addition, in the Documents folder, there are Custom Office Templates andMy data sources - essential for programs, but none at all fundamental for OneDrive. In that sense, is there any way to not synchronize these two folders?

Image 03 - Documents folder​

Synchronizing program and folder shortcut 72478228-ad39-42d9-a410-b783cf88be8c?upload=true.png

:)

imbsa, Jan 13, 2021
  2. oemSoft Win User

How to add shortcut into start?

Can you read their instruction? that is not clear at all.

Under %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, it only shows Folders : Maintnance, Windows Powershell, Windows System, Windows System Tools ... Start up.
    There is no a list of program shortcuts and subfolders. I cannot follow their instruction, if you understand, could you please show your steps?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

"Opening that folder should display a list of program shortcuts and subfolders. In this example, we want to add all the new shortcuts into a subfolder called Settings, so right-click any empty space in the File Explorer window, click New
    > Folder, name that folder Settings, and open the newly created, empty folder.

The rest of the process is straightforward. Right-click and choose New > Shortcut. Enter the full path of the executable file or ms-settings shortcut you want to add (as in the example shown here), click Next, and then enter a name for the shortcut.

Repeat this process for any other shortcuts you want to add. All your custom shortcuts should appear in the Programs list, where they're one right-click away from being pinned as a tile."

oemSoft, Jan 13, 2021
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Synchronizing program and folder shortcut :)

terrace, Jan 13, 2021
  4. oemSoft Win User

How to add shortcut into start?

If I want to add shortcut into Start's tiles (I don't know the exact term), not add those shortcuts to the scrolling Programs list.

Under %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, it only shows Folders : Maintnance, Windows Powershell, Windows System, Windows System Tools ... Start up. I cannot find Setting folder, and its instruction is not clear.

Do you have any suggestions on how to do that?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

"Opening that folder should display a list of program shortcuts and subfolders. In this example, we want to add all the new shortcuts into a subfolder called Settings, so right-click any empty space in the File Explorer window, click New > Folder, name that
    folder Settings, and open the newly created, empty folder.

The rest of the process is straightforward. Right-click and choose New > Shortcut. Enter the full path of the executable file or ms-settings shortcut you want to add (as in the example shown here), click Next, and then enter a name for the shortcut.

Repeat this process for any other shortcuts you want to add. All your custom shortcuts should appear in the Programs list, where they're one right-click away from being pinned as a tile."

oemSoft, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Synchronizing program and folder shortcut - Similar Threads - Synchronizing program folder

2. Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization: Hi,Can anyone tell me if Windows 10 has a feature that would allow me to synchronize the contents of a local folder with the contents of a folder on a server?I'd like this synchronization to be "one way", meaning that users with appropriate permissions will only add, modify,...
  3. Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization: Hi,Can anyone tell me if Windows 10 has a feature that would allow me to synchronize the contents of a local folder with the contents of a folder on a server?I'd like this synchronization to be "one way", meaning that users with appropriate permissions will only add, modify,...
  4. Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Synchronization of Folders

Synchronization of Folders: I have been trying to configure the latest version of Google Drive for Desktop which was formerly called Backup and Sync but have not been able to reach the intended goal. Can someone explain step by step how to achieve the following?Synchronize a certain folder on one...
  6. How to synchronize Documents folders

How to synchronize Documents folders: I have a Documents folder and many subfolders on C:\users\<username>, which should be the hard disk version and also on This PC, which I assume is the OneDrive version. However, they either have different sets of files or the file modification dates are different. How do I...
  7. Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder.

Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder.: I'm running W10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop. Among the programs I use in maintaining my system is IObit's "Advanced System Care," and I keep a shortcut to it in a folder along with other shortcuts. I generally run ASC once a week. For the past three or four...
  8. The shortcuts of installed programs goes to the Public folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The shortcuts of installed programs goes to the Public folder: When installing programs most place their shortscuts in the Public folder instead of placing them in the user folder. What am i doing wrong? I never had this problem with Windows 8. 39521
  9. need to synchronize between two folders

need to synchronize between two folders: Hi Am sorting out hundreds of photos for archiving, need to add them to final folder and delete from the source folder...I have a complete backup on another partition, which I have to copy to at the end of each session to keep them both up to date.....I hear there is an MS...
  10. Synchronize Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Synchronize Folders: Is there any simple way to synchronize folders on the same drive? On two different drives on same PC? On two different networked PCs? 19322