Windows 10: Syncing calendar apps

Discus and support Syncing calendar apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to sync calendar apps? For instance, on my phone, I have a family calendar app and I have it set up to sync to my regular phone/Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TeriPost, Jan 18, 2020.

1. TeriPost Win User

Syncing calendar apps

Is it possible to sync calendar apps?

For instance, on my phone, I have a family calendar app and I have it set up to sync to my regular phone/Google calendar. Is there a way to do this on my laptop as well?

:)

TeriPost, Jan 18, 2020

2. calendar sync?

IT might be helpful if you describe the steps you're taking to try and sync the calendars. I'm not sure where eMail might come into the picture.

Also describe your goal as clearly as possible. you're trying to sync a calendar on the iPhone with the Calendar App on Win10, not a calendar in an eMail client?

ical seems to be the canonical calendar format for apple - not sure - just a guess.

Slartybart, Jan 18, 2020
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

4. Mel Tar Win User

Syncing calendar apps

Mel Tar, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Syncing calendar apps

1. Syncing calendar apps - Similar Threads - Syncing calendar apps

2. Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app: I'm currently trying to sync my calendar I have setup on my phone to my Windows 10 machine. Currently, I have the iCloud app installed and syncing, but it wants to sync to Outlook because I have Office 365 installed that I need for work. I tried adding the iCloud account...
  3. Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app: I'm currently trying to sync my calendar I have setup on my phone to my Windows 10 machine. Currently, I have the iCloud app installed and syncing, but it wants to sync to Outlook because I have Office 365 installed that I need for work. I tried adding the iCloud account...
  4. Calendar sync requires calendar app to be running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar sync requires calendar app to be running: Hello,It seems that Windows Calendar app requires to be always running for calendar sync to work. Is it expected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-sync-requires-calendar-app-to-be-running/0d65911b-5af3-4091-83a0-85e520e3f84c
  5. Calendar sync requires calendar app to be running

Calendar sync requires calendar app to be running: Hello,It seems that Windows Calendar app requires to be always running for calendar sync to work. Is it expected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-sync-requires-calendar-app-to-be-running/0d65911b-5af3-4091-83a0-85e520e3f84c
  6. Sync Calendar app with yahoo calendar

Sync Calendar app with yahoo calendar: Hi, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 for the second time, had to upgrade computer when display was no longer supported. First time around I got this to work, but now I have the mail app working fine, but the calendar app does not sync. I have tried deleting my yahoo...
  7. No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app

No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app: I have follow a million different threads with no resolution. I have a gmail account that stopped syncing a couple of days ago. I deleted the account and when I tried to add it back I entered Manage Accounts -> Add Account -> Google and received the following error. [ATTACH]...
  8. still can't sync Google Calendar and Calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization
    still can't sync Google Calendar and Calendar app: I have added my Gmail account to the Calendar app on my PC, but some events still do not sync. I can't figure out why not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-cant-sync-google-calendar-and-calendar-app/684c7b98-58b9-4cc4-bbdc-7ea7fe3cfbd1
  9. Calendar App sync issue

Calendar App sync issue: So upgraded to windows 10 and did a clean install and it all went seamless. I have set up the calendar to sync with my Google calendar. Here is my issue. Items entered in my Google calendar sync seamlessly with the windows 10 calendar, item that are added in windows 10 will...
  10. Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App: Hello everybody, my online outlook calendar does not sync with my Windows Calendar app. I am talking about the online calendar which can be accessed after sign-in here: Prihláste sa do svojho konta Microsoft which for me used to always take all the information from my...