Windows 10: Syncing Edge Favourites

Discus and support Syncing Edge Favourites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fixer, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Fixer Win User

Syncing Edge Favourites

I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked it, except when it came to bookmark management. With Firefox I just have to enable sync and bookmarks on all my systems are aligned with the last system that had a change - simple. But Edge has no such feature. To sync bookmarks you have to save them to a file and then import that file to the system you want sync'd - except it doesn't sync! What it does do is add the imported bookmarks to all those already in the target system leaving you with the tedious job of editing out all the old ones that have been dup/triplicated. Until Edge gets a working sync then as far as I'm concerned it's unusable. Pity, as I quite liked it.

Maybe I'm missing something. Has anyone found an effective way of handling this problem?

:)

Fixer, Oct 29, 2018

2. Sync Favourites in Edge

A few days ago I have reinstalled Windows 10, and sync your favourites and reading list is "on" yet no favourites in the list. The favourites to sync with are another desktop and windows phone 10 and these devices have sync 'on'

Tigger Ireland, Oct 29, 2018
  3. neelav Win User
    sync favourites in Edge

I can see all my devises when I log on to my Microsoft account and all sync settings on each device is on but my new Windows 950XL is not showing favourites and reading list in Edge. What could be wrong here.

neelav, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Syncing Edge Favourites

Microsoft Edge - favourites

Few things:

Favourite entries take up a lot of screen space unlike IE. This means I have to scroll much lower to find the favourire I'm searching for. Is there any way to reduce the size of each listed favourite ?

Also, does MS Edge sync between my devices where I use Edge on each device?

Finally, how do I sync my IE and Edge browers where I use IE on my Windows Phone and Edge on my tablet?

Tigger Ireland, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Syncing Edge Favourites

1. Syncing Edge Favourites - Similar Threads - Syncing Edge Favourites

2. Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage: Hi all, Not sure if anyone can relate to these issues or offer any advice. Has anyone noticed that the new Edge has issues with syncing favourites? When I turn on syncing, it seems to duplicate my favourites 5 or 6 times. My favourites bar for example is a complete mess of...
  3. Edge Favourites Column Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favourites Column Size: Why is Microsoft not listening to everyone who has complained about the set width of the Favourites column in Edge. Many people have asked the same question. How can we alter its size? Edge is of no use to me and I shall uninstall it soon if I can't alter it....
  4. Lost Favourites in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  5. Favourites bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar in Edge: I would like my favourites bar in Edge to contain all the same favourites I have in Internet Exploer but after using settings/import favourites they dont appear. Is there a fold I can copy and paste them into or is there anotherway? 121748
  6. Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise

in Browsers and Email
    Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise: Hi there When will Ms start realising that not everybody wants a browser that looks like it was designed for a mobile phone or a tablet. There's no way to organise the favourites unlike IE --even a simple sort is missing. You can create a new folder but why are we...
  7. syncing favourites

in Browsers and Email
    syncing favourites: Hi Gurus, Is there a way to sync the favourites I have in Google Chrome on a win 10 laptop to my Ipad mini. Thanks, (in advance) 52926
  8. Problems with imported Favourites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with imported Favourites in Edge: Hello. I have two problems with the Edge browser: First, I have imported my favourites from Google Chrome but not all of them have transferred. I have looked in the folder %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorite...
  9. Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...

in Browsers and Email
    Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...: Since the last update, all the favicons in my favourites bar have changed to a 5-point star. If I hide, then show the favourites bar again via settings, the correct site favicons re-appear, but then revert to stars the next time I open Edge. Any ideas, please? 30390
  10. Edge Favourites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favourites Bar: Has anyone managed to drag and drop the Favourites into the Favourites Bar? It will only work if you import Favourites from IE it seems. *Sad 15573

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge favorites not syncing

2. microsoft edge favourites not syncing

3. favorites not syncing in ms edge