Windows 10: Syncing files over home network.

Discus and support Syncing files over home network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday I added a second computer to my home network. The old computer is Windows 7, the new Windows 10. I've successfully copied My Documents to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by frankgaipa, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Syncing files over home network.

Yesterday I added a second computer to my home network. The old computer is Windows 7, the new Windows 10. I've successfully copied My Documents to the new computer. Both have MS Office, 2007 on the old and 2019 on the new. What I'd like is for new saves with changes I make to word docs on one computer to occur simultaneously on the other. Is this possible? Eventually the old computer will go, but I hope to keep the old running until I'm sure I've grabbed very thing, maybe another year. For now they're in the same room, standup-desk and sit-down desk.

By the same token, I'd like pictures I add or edit, to save simultaneously on both computers. Both computers have the latest editions of Photoshop and Bridge. Most of the time I'm online, but ideally I'd like saves to sync over the network even when I'm not offline, for instance if my internet connection went down but I continue to write.

(Windows 10 refused to let me move My Documents and My Pictures over the network, declining my correct network password, so I had to do it manually with an external hard drive. )

thanks

fg

:)

frankgaipa, Jan 24, 2019

2. Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Syncing files over home network.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Syncing files over home network.

1. Syncing files over home network. - Similar Threads - Syncing files home

2. File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home: Hi,I have windows 11 home edition. Trying to share a file over network to Azure data factory in integration run time. I have enabled the desktop sharing in the settingsTo share the file, clicked on properties but file sharing tab is not found.How do I share the file? What I...
  3. File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home: Hi,I have windows 11 home edition. Trying to share a file over network to Azure data factory in integration run time. I have enabled the desktop sharing in the settingsTo share the file, clicked on properties but file sharing tab is not found.How do I share the file? What I...
  4. Windows 10 file sharing over home private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file sharing over home private network: I want to be able to access files on my office computer from my laptop. they are both on the same wifi network and I can see the others in network. When I click on the shared file I am told I do not have permission and to contact my administrator. What am I doing wrong?...
  5. Home Network - Starting Over...

Home Network - Starting Over...: I've never gotten my Win10-based home network to operate 100%. Sometimes it works for some computers, other times it just doesn't. I am starting over and want to make sure I get a clean start and possibly get this right! What I have now is an old desktop as my home Hub -...
  6. Sharing files over home network Windows 10

Sharing files over home network Windows 10: I have always been able to share over home network, one Windows 10 PC let's call it Bill and one Windows 8 Ben. Since replacing Windows 8 PC with new W10 I'll still call it Ben I am unable to access Ben from Bill, but fine the other way round. All permissions are set...
  7. Accessing Computers Over Home Network

Accessing Computers Over Home Network: We have three computers at home. When all three computers were on Windows 7, sharing was a pain in the...but it worked. Everyone could basically access everything on everyone else's computers. Two computers were recently upgraded to Windows 10, one is still on Windows 7....
  8. FILE SYNCING OPTIONS OVER THE NETWORK

FILE SYNCING OPTIONS OVER THE NETWORK: What are the in built options available in windows 10 for syncing files between two PCs through a network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-syncing-options-over-the-network/d53fdc6f-2a6d-466e-a76f-d975d64166dd"
  9. File sharing over a home network

File sharing over a home network: Hello, By following instructions from this site for sharing files on my home network, which has two computers on it, I have been able to share files from one computer, a laptop connected to the network, with a desktop computer on the same network. I have not been able to...
  10. How to sync recent files in File Explorer on i.e home network

How to sync recent files in File Explorer on i.e home network: Hi, I am wondering if there is any way to sync my recently opened files in Windows 10 File Explorer across multiple PC's running Windows 10 in i.e home network or other methods. Any feedback and ideas is very much appreciated. Thank you. 55825