Windows 10: Syncing Gmail to Incredimail

Discus and support Syncing Gmail to Incredimail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have used Incredimail for many years using another provider. However, when I recently bundled with another provider I lost that privilege. I am... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Janet0605, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Janet0605 Win User

Syncing Gmail to Incredimail

I have used Incredimail for many years using another provider. However, when I recently bundled with another provider I lost that privilege.

I am having difficulty setting it up because I cannot find the correct input/output servers and ports. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated

I am running Windows 10 with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019 .

:)

Janet0605, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Jovin43 Win User

Gmail folders don't show after importing to Incredimail

I've been trying to see how gmail was imported to my Incredimail and I'm seeing that it's a POP and can't see how to change this. I'm not great with tech stuff, but I'm looking around. I might have to wait until I can get my daughter to review your suggestions. She's not well right now so I have to try on my own to remedy this problem. I'm going away in a week (possibly) and was hoping to get this problem straightened out before then.

I appreciate all of your suggestions.

Jovin

Edited to add: I have checked both links. I've done that "add" to my account before and have shown two gmail accounts when I only have one. Have been afraid to delete one, so I'd better not try again. I think I will have to get my daughter to help.

Jovin43, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Jovin43 Win User

It's a bit confusing to explain, but I have my gmail coming into my Incredimail program on my computer, and I have made folders in that mail program. When I go to the gmail website if I'm out and away from my computer, I can't see the folders. This is really inconvenient because I put the emails in folders to keep me organized but then they aren't available for me when I need them and I can't get to my computer. I realize they would be in All mail but it's too hard to try to find something that would be way back.

Is there anything that someone here can suggest that I try? I've tried googling this problem many times and was not able to solve this problem.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Jovin43, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Syncing Gmail to Incredimail

Hi Jovin43.

Don't know anything about Incredimail but have a good understanding of mail.

I'm not sure what you mean you imported Gmail folders. I'm assuming your imported them into personal local (this computer only) folders.

Normally you add an account to an email program and now a days we normally use IMAP as the protocol. Set up correctly you see your gmail Inbox and all the folders associated with your gmail account. The gmail account out on Google servers is the book of record. All the folders are within your online account and what you see on your devices is a "Sync'ed" version.

Add an folder on client and you should see it within GMAIL on the web. Delete an email on any device and it updates the Gmail online account and all other clients as they sync up.

Now most mail clients (Thunderbird, Outlook 20xx, etc ) also let you set up Personal local folders that are only on the device hosting the client. In essence you are moving the mail from a Gmail folder, maybe inbox, to a personal local folder. These personal folders that are on specific devices are not replicated or sync across your ecosystem.

POP accounts are an older protocol and do not sync up across multiple clients. People very much use personal local folders with POP clients. POP would deliver the mail to the client, you would determine how long to keep on server and from their you would file in your personal local folders.

So you need to check how you set up your Gmail account in your program, it should be IMAP. Then when you create folders you create these folders within the GMAIL account in your program. You can tell it is set up correctly as you should see this folder in GMAIL when using a browser. One thing to check as well is the security on your Gmail account. One option is to Enable the use of "Less secure apps" If gmail doesn't like security you are using it will block syncing until you enable "Less secure apps".

As to your existing mail, that I assume are in personal local folders, you would have to read how to transfer to the folders nested with in your Gmail account.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Syncing Gmail to Incredimail

1. Syncing Gmail to Incredimail - Similar Threads - Syncing Gmail Incredimail

2. Gmail calendar not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail calendar not syncing: My work uses gmail, and i figured out I could add my gmail account to outlook and the mail app.I did both - added to both mail and outlook appOn the mail app, i see all entire calendar as it's reflected in gmail.However, on the outlook app, not all meetings are synced, and a...
  3. Gmail calendar not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail calendar not syncing: My work uses gmail, and i figured out I could add my gmail account to outlook and the mail app.I did both - added to both mail and outlook appOn the mail app, i see all entire calendar as it's reflected in gmail.However, on the outlook app, not all meetings are synced, and a...
  4. Sync Microsoft and Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Microsoft and Gmail: How so I sync my microsoft to my gmail account/ [Original Title: Sync] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-microsoft-and-gmail/765ae2b8-db7e-4391-baa9-b725239cb825
  5. Gmail sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Gmail sync: My updates installed last night and now Gmail won't sync. Checked the sync settings and they are all on. Surface and Iphone are receiving email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-sync/397fee16-ba02-48cc-8fa1-8466bb8d5f5f
  6. syncing my gmail account with Incredimail account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing my gmail account with Incredimail account: I am having trouble syncing my gmail account with my Incredimail account. I keep getting an error saying couldn't be signed in because my browser may be faulty Chrome and to try another browser. Also a pop up that says the script on the page is faulty and do I want to run...
  7. Gmail folders don't show after importing to Incredimail

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail folders don't show after importing to Incredimail: It's a bit confusing to explain, but I have my gmail coming into my mail program on my computer (livemail) and I have made folders in that mail program. When I go to the gmail website if I'm out and away from my computer, I can't see the folders. This is really inconvenient...
  8. GMAIL Won't Sync.

in Browsers and Email
    GMAIL Won't Sync.: O.k.......I have asked this question before, but can't find the answer.........how do I make my Gmail sync with w10 ?.........it's driving me mad !! 103367
  9. .ima in incredimail

in Browsers and Email
    .ima in incredimail: Hello all, i use incredimail and since this official release of win 10 I keep getting an error message telling me "icredimail needs to be assoscsated with .ima file s do you want to assocciate it YES/NO" no matter what select I still get this error. I had this with some of...
  10. Is IncrediMail Safe?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is IncrediMail Safe?: Does anyone know anything about IncrediMail? I used to use it with WinME, but recently I downloaded it and NOD32 called it "A potentially unwanted application." 42155