Windows 10: Syncing my personal Onedrive on my laptop where I also have and need my company Onedrive.

Discus and support Syncing my personal Onedrive on my laptop where I also have and need my company Onedrive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Would appreciate some any help that can fix a problem. Some months ago I had a problem with my laptop. A patient and helpful MS expert helped and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jlee77, Jan 13, 2019.

1. jlee77 Win User

Syncing my personal Onedrive on my laptop where I also have and need my company Onedrive.

Would appreciate some any help that can fix a problem. Some months ago I had a problem with my laptop. A patient and helpful MS expert helped and identified the problem as being with the profile so consequently a new profile was established and files and apps from the old profile were migrated over. It now seems that while my business Onedrive seems to work fine including the sync but my Personal Onedrive doesn't sync. Seems to have simply lost a connection to the cloud. Some files seem to be there but when I try to access other files I get an Error Message 0x80070194 with the message saying something like "copying interrupted" / The cloud file provider exited unexpectedly,"

Likewise if I try to save a file, just a simple Word file in just goes into a kind of freeze saying sync pending. What can I do to get this working again???

Many thanks

:)

jlee77, Jan 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 13, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

Syncing my personal Onedrive on my laptop where I also have and need my company Onedrive. [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Syncing my personal Onedrive on my laptop where I also have and need my company Onedrive.

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Syncing my personal Onedrive on my laptop where I also have and need my company Onedrive. - Similar Threads - Syncing personal Onedrive

2. Professsional PC with its OneDrive with also my pics from my phone personal OneDrive and...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Professsional PC with its OneDrive with also my pics from my phone personal OneDrive and...: Hi! Can I log in and set up a new PC with my professional email and credentials and also: 1 Have the One Drive Business folders synced both in the computer and in the cloud, mutually, and 2 Set up a diferent another One Drive personal account as to have the pictrures in the...
  3. Professsional PC with its OneDrive with also my pics from my phone personal OneDrive and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Professsional PC with its OneDrive with also my pics from my phone personal OneDrive and...: Hi! Can I log in and set up a new PC with my professional email and credentials and also: 1 Have the One Drive Business folders synced both in the computer and in the cloud, mutually, and 2 Set up a diferent another One Drive personal account as to have the pictrures in the...
  4. Professsional PC with its OneDrive with also my pics from my phone personal OneDrive and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where is onedrive on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is onedrive on my laptop: I have lost contact with my onedrive from Windows 11 on my laptop. What am i missing?I want by a table pc and access files from my onedrive.I want to access onedrive from Microsoft Edge, Goggle Chrome and Windows 11 Explorer...
  6. Where is onedrive on my laptop

Where is onedrive on my laptop: I have lost contact with my onedrive from Windows 11 on my laptop. What am i missing?I want by a table pc and access files from my onedrive.I want to access onedrive from Microsoft Edge, Goggle Chrome and Windows 11 Explorer...
  7. It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?: OneDrive Issues: I want to have my Desktop Folder on my PC and in the cloud. In File Explorer the Desktop folder is in : This PC OneDrive Quick Access But the status column is blank. How can I get the status column to change/? How do I sync desktop with OneDrive?...
  8. It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?

It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?: OneDrive Issues: I want to have my Desktop Folder on my PC and in the cloud. In File Explorer the Desktop folder is in : This PC OneDrive Quick Access But the status column is blank. How can I get the status column to change/? How do I sync desktop with OneDrive?...
  9. Where are Onedrive photos synced on my windows pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are Onedrive photos synced on my windows pc?: Is it possible view my photos synced from Onedrive cloud to my windows 10 laptop?How? And where are those pictures?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-onedrive-photos-synced-on-my-windows-pc/40dcc9bd-ef97-413b-b1fc-685f23ec92b9
  10. OneDrive Personal Vault Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Personal Vault Sync: I've activated the Personal Vault earlier this week. The OneDrive Sync appears to be in a loop while Syncing. Loop: Processing 2 changes Processing 6 changes Processing 44 changes Processing 38 changes I checked the folder and files I moved to the Vault, the status...