Windows 10: Syncing Themes Between Computers

Discus and support Syncing Themes Between Computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you sync themes between computers? Sometimes it seems to happen automatically, and sometimes it doesn't.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mister G-apostrophe, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Syncing Themes Between Computers

How do you sync themes between computers? Sometimes it seems to happen automatically, and sometimes it doesn't.

:)

Mister G-apostrophe, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Cliff S Win User

Synced Theme

Try this:

1. Make sure you have all Integration Services for your Win10 VM turned on.
    2. Turn off theme syncing in the VM.
    3. On the host, save the theme for sharing.
    4. Drag & drop the theme to your VM desktop and click & install it.
    5. Now see if there are any differences.
    6. If there are still, it has to do with the virtual hardware.

Cliff S, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Background / theme not syncing (Windows 10 1803)

Hi wjhulzebosch,

For me to provide you with relevant troubleshooting steps to address this problem, I would like to verify the following information:

• Is this the first time you're trying to sync settings in all 5 devices? If not, was syncing working before?
    • Have you logged in your Microsoft account in all 5 devices?

I know that you've already enabled the Sync your settings option in Microsoft Edge, however, I also suggest that you enable the Internet Explorer settings as well, as they use the same sync settings.

If the issue persists, please restart the SettingsSyncHost.exe process and see if your computer is already synced. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on your taskbar and click Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, select the Host Process for Settings Synchronization, then click
      End task.
    • Restart your computer and let the process restart.

Syncing with other devices may take time. I suggest that you give it about 24hrs.

Should the issue persists, please update this thread so I can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Syncing Themes Between Computers

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Syncing Themes Between Computers

1. Syncing Themes Between Computers - Similar Threads - Syncing Themes Between

2. Syncing themes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing themes: I have been able to sync my clipboard to 2 devices but I unable to sync themes like background colours. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes/b9a4f6e8-94eb-4d3c-a3f9-598a1cd33da5
  3. Stop Syncing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Syncing between 2 computers: I have 2 devices using the same Microsoft username & Password. One is a desktop, and the other is a laptop. When I add or change the graphic of the Icons on the desktop of one device it syncs and changes it on the other device. I used Win 10 Pro "Sync your setting" app and...
  4. Background and Theme won't Sync Between Surface Devices

Background and Theme won't Sync Between Surface Devices: Greetings, all! I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7 and am trying to sync the background wallpaper and theme with a Surface Laptop 3 both running Windows 10. It's been several days and the wallpaper/theme is still not in sync, however. Here is a chronological list of steps...
  5. Keyboard layout syncing between computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard layout syncing between computers: Hi, I have 2 computers, one is AZERTY the other is QWERTY. However the setting is applied to my QWERTY computer gets transferred to my AZERTY one so my keys don't match, is there somewhere I can log in to my account but not make the keyboard layout sync between the two?...
  6. Syncing Edge favorites between computers

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge favorites between computers: I recently did a clean install of 10 on an older deskstop that I resuscitated. Is there a secret to syncing favorites/reading list between desktop and laptop? I know forever when I would add one to my phone it would show up on my laptop, and vice versa. I have sync enabled on...
  7. "Synced Theme" question

"Synced Theme" question: After the update to the latest fall creators update on 2 of my machines I noticed my old synced theme on 2 machines lost its background. Looking at the theme in the personalization settings just showed it set to solid black so I right clicked and removed it incase there was...
  8. Is there a way to sync configurations between computers?

Is there a way to sync configurations between computers?: Hello, Ihave a laptop and desktop machines running windows 10 I regularly use. As I work I tend to configure more and more stuff (keyboard shortcuts, word autocomplete, default signatures, etc.). Is there a way to sync these settings through the computers? I should...
  9. Synced Theme

Synced Theme: Have created a background, set a specific color to the taskbar, etc. When I check Windows 10 in VMware(!) (Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization->Personalization) I noticed a Synchronized Theme. The background indeed is the same as on my host-pc, however the...
  10. desktop themes syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop themes syncing: Thanks cliff. After a posted this, I went looking. Something told me to check my onedrive. So I went through every file in it and didn't see said picture for theme. So I copied everything to a backup drive. then deleted every thing in one drive. As I did that something...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to sync themes between computers