Windows 10: Syncing two PCs

Discus and support Syncing two PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I own a windows 10 desktop and i use it to do most of my school work. Next year my school will be supplying a laptop that i can take home and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Modernkiller528, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Syncing two PCs

So I own a windows 10 desktop and i use it to do most of my school work. Next year my school will be supplying a laptop that i can take home and i would like to know the best way i can move documents from one to another. Is there a program or network sharing setting i can use so that i can work on and edit documents at school on the laptop and then when i get home with the laptop i can easily continue working on the same document on my desktop. Is there a program i can use to do this or will i just have to copy to a usb and store all of my documents on the usb?

:)

Modernkiller528, Dec 26, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Dec 26, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Syncing two PCs

G-Sync is Dead. VESA Adds Adaptive-Sync to DisplayPort Standard

We shall see.. there are a lot of steps involved to actually get adoption.. In the meantime G-Sync works today

Hitman_Actual, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Syncing two PCs

1. Syncing two PCs - Similar Threads - Syncing PCs

2. Syncing two PCs Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing two PCs Windows 11 Home: I would like to sync two Windows PCs such that any files saved on either computer are automatically saved on the other. I have purchased a desktop switch, which I have connected via ethernet to my router, as well as connected both PCs to the switch via ethernet. When I go to...
  3. Syncing two PCs Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing two PCs Windows 11 Home: I would like to sync two Windows PCs such that any files saved on either computer are automatically saved on the other. I have purchased a desktop switch, which I have connected via ethernet to my router, as well as connected both PCs to the switch via ethernet. When I go to...
  4. Link 2 Win11 PCs and sync lock and power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link 2 Win11 PCs and sync lock and power options: I have a desktop and a laptop both running windows 11. Laptop has BT and WIFI capability, the desktop has neither. They are both connected to a router via ethernet connection. The concept I have in mind is to use dynamic lock on my laptop but set it up to control both...
  5. Link 2 Win11 PCs and sync lock and power options

Link 2 Win11 PCs and sync lock and power options: I have a desktop and a laptop both running windows 11. Laptop has BT and WIFI capability, the desktop has neither. They are both connected to a router via ethernet connection. The concept I have in mind is to use dynamic lock on my laptop but set it up to control both...
  6. Syncing 'My Documents' across 2 remote PCs via onedrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing 'My Documents' across 2 remote PCs via onedrive?: I can't figure out how to do this:I have a w10 PC at one location, with a windows account, and a separate onedrive account that has 1tb storage through a school MS account. I am logged into the school onedrive account, and the PC's My Documents folder is backed up through the...
  7. Syncing 'My Documents' across 2 remote PCs via onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing 'My Documents' across 2 remote PCs via onedrive?: I can't figure out how to do this:I have a w10 PC at one location, with a windows account, and a separate onedrive account that has 1tb storage through a school MS account. I am logged into the school onedrive account, and the PC's My Documents folder is backed up through the...
  8. Syncing 'My Documents' across 2 remote PCs via onedrive?

9. I have turned sync on in my PCs but it will not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have turned sync on in my PCs but it will not work?: I have turned on SYNS on all my Win 10 PCs using my Router and it does not work... are there any others things I need to do to make it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-turned-sync-on-in-my-pcs-but-it-will-not/7287dc2e-43aa-4ef7-a1e2-4db098e28ad6
  10. I have turned sync on in my PCs but it will not work?

I have turned sync on in my PCs but it will not work?: I have turned on SYNS on all my Win 10 PCs using my Router and it does not work... are there any others things I need to do to make it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-turned-sync-on-in-my-pcs-but-it-will-not/7287dc2e-43aa-4ef7-a1e2-4db098e28ad6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synching 2 pcs