Windows 10: Syncing Windows Settings across Windows 10 settings

Discus and support Syncing Windows Settings across Windows 10 settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, Trying to allow my colleague to sync his windows settings across windows 10 devices. I tried the instructions on the website:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wee Ho, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Wee Ho Win User

Syncing Windows Settings across Windows 10 settings

Hello all,

Trying to allow my colleague to sync his windows settings across windows 10 devices.

I tried the instructions on the website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026102/windows-10-about-sync-settings

However, the sync settings button is greyed out and I am unable to change it.

There is a message on the top, "Some Windows features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account."

Some basic information, I am trying to sync from a local account on the PC, and the company has a Enterprise Mobility + Security license.

The user's email has already been added to the Enterprise State Roaming license.

The company's emails are not hosted by Microsoft but they are assigned Microsoft Office 365 Apps for Business licenses.

When i try to change the local account to a Microsoft account using the company's email, I get the error message of the Microsoft account does not exist.

Anyone can shed any light regarding this issue?

Thanks and regards,

Wee Ho.

:)

Wee Ho, Aug 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 settings no longer sync across my devices

Hi Raymond,

No, I don't get any kind of error message at all. Syncing of settings and Edge bookmarks just doesn't occur. At all.

So, for example, before the Anniversary Update, if I added a Favourite in Edge, or added an article to my Reading List, or changed my theme, all of these would sync to all my Windows devices. This no longer happens since the Anniversary Update.

Basically all of the things that you set up from Settings -> Accounts -> Sync your Settings appears to be totally broken since the Anniversary Update.

I've literally tried everything. Reinstalling Windows on all my machines, turning sync off on all my devices, restarting them, turning sync back on, I've tried using an old Accounts trouble-shooter (from the Windows 8 days), and nothing works. Literally
    the only thing that fixes it is using an older build of Windows 10 - the minute the Anniversary Update is installed, syncing of settings/themes/favourites/reading list stops working again.

Like I said, I've come across other users on Reddit who have tried all the steps I have taken too, with no luck.

Thanks Syncing Windows Settings across Windows 10 settings :).

Alimaggs82, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Stop Windows 10 syncing keyboard settings

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to Turn off the Language preference and Ease of access Sync settings and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key and then type Sync your settings.
    • Turn off language preference and ease of access.
    Refer to the Microsoft help article below and check if it helps.

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Cant sync settings in Windows 10

Hi,

To help you better please help us with the below information.

• Did you make any recent software/hardware changes on your computer?
    • Have you signed in to your computer using Microsoft account?
    • Is the sync settings is greyed out in the settings Windows?
    As an initial step I would suggest you sign out of Microsoft account and sign in again, see if the issue is resolved.

Also install all the pending updates on your system and check if it helps.

Refer the below link to know more about Sync settings

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...cfa/about-sync-settings-on-windows-10-devices

Get back to us if you need further help on your issue.

Darshan J, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Syncing Windows Settings across Windows 10 settings - Similar Threads - Syncing Settings across

2. Windows 10 Sync Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Sync Settings: How do I STOP Windows 10 from syncing desktop icons across machines? I have four Windows 10 machines that are all singed into a single Onedrive account. Sync Settings is turnedOFF on all four machines. But when I add or delete an icon or shortcut on any of the desktops it...
  3. Syncing settings across devices

Syncing settings across devices: Hi, I've got a Surface Pro 7 and a Surface Laptop 3 and I'm trying to sync my settings across both but it says "Sync is not available on your account". Both devices are running Windows 10 Pro and I have them signed into a work account. Does anyone know what the issue is?...
  4. Windows 10 Sync Settings across devices

Windows 10 Sync Settings across devices: So, this issue has been around FOREVER. I have spent several hours online with Microsoft Answer Techs and they don't seem to be able to come up with a fix for this issue. Let me get a couple of answers to questions that I know will be asked out of the way up front. Things I...
  5. sync settings in windows 10

sync settings in windows 10: whenever I turn on sync settings it will reset back to off in a few hours or on restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-settings-in-windows-10/ecd44bf1-c253-4bc2-bc70-caa62b80ad78
  6. Windows 10 Settings/Sync Your Settings

Windows 10 Settings/Sync Your Settings: Anyone any theory on why on both my Surface Pro 4 & Surface Laptop 2 the "Sync Your Settings" is set at "off" and greyed out with a red message at the top saying "Sync is not available for your account. Contact your administrator to resolve this". I only noticed this when I...
  7. Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.: Hey everyone! So my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 PC won't sync settings even though they're both set to do so? Please help, I have looked everywhere *Sad Thanks 129627
  8. Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.: Hey everyone! So my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 PC won't sync settings even though they're both set to do so? Please help, I have looked everywhere *Sad Thanks 129627
  9. Syncing settings on Windows 10

Syncing settings on Windows 10: Okay, so from what I understand, I can sync my personalization settings to all of my Windows 10 devices that I use with my Microsoft account. I have my own personal laptop PC, and a family shared computer where we all have our own individual profiles and desktops... but my...
  10. Windows 10 Sync Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Sync Settings: Good Evening Everyone, Can someone please help me, so I have been using Windows 10 and love it however I have a problem which is bugging me. Once upon a time I used my Microsoft Account on a work computer and this has since synced all my settings from that computer etc...