Windows 10: SyncToy 2.1 Windows 10

Discus and support SyncToy 2.1 Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mine seems to grossly not work. In theory once you do a sync, sync should work both ways. I COPIED a large folder where all my working documents are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wes #1, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Wes #1 Win User

SyncToy 2.1 Windows 10

Mine seems to grossly not work. In theory once you do a sync, sync should work both ways. I COPIED a large folder where all my working documents are kept, to an external drive for backup purposes. When I went to use Synctoy from original to copy, Synctoy wanted to delete all my original files and then copy the files from the duplicate I had just made. Yet when I did the sync from the copy to the original, that showed both sets of files are the same. In the sync function should be the same left to right as right to left. It is obviously not and this is a major failure.

:)

Wes #1, Sep 14, 2020

2. Synctoy

Hi Kevin,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you using a 32bit or 64bit system? On the Start menu, type System, and then hit Enter.
    • Are you getting any error messages before the SyncToy application hangs?
    • Has the SyncToy application in Windows 10 ever worked before?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Jon Cohen Win User
    SyncToy is critical functionality for me. Please keep it viable!

My objective is to maintain my secondary (laptop) computer so that if my primary (desktop) computer dies or if I lose my Internet connection, I can continue work. I put all my critical files in a "Sync Data" folder on the desktop of both computers, and
    when I change anything, I just let SyncToy sync those folders up.

Networking in general & SyncToy in particular has been losing functionality with Windows 10 for some time. I'm having a very difficult time getting both computers appropriately visible to the other via Networking & File Sharing, and SyncToy simply can't "see"
    the other computers on the network.

So,

1. Are the alternatives to SyncToy that work well?
    2. How can we provide feedback to Microsoft to keep SyncToy working?
    3. And I wouldn't mind some ease-of-use improvements.

One of the SyncToy web pages suggested this as an alternative: Free Backup Software for Windows - AOMEI Backupper Standard

Anyone have any experience with this software?

Thanks in advance.

Jon Cohen, Sep 14, 2020
  4. SyncToy 2.1 Windows 10

Downloading Synctoy for windows 10

Not helpful. Anyone that has any knowledge about Microsoft should answer this question without messing around. As an outsider all I can see is that SyncToy isn't supported in Windows 10, so no point in sending people on a wild goose chase. What would be
    good is to provide a link to software that does something similar.

Steve Putman1, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

SyncToy 2.1 Windows 10

1. SyncToy 2.1 Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SyncToy

2. Windows 11 and SyncToy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and SyncToy?: I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I would like to continue to use SyncToy. Can I download a working version somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-and-synctoy/f3676ba5-f434-4c6b-a9dc-31e846f8f00c
  3. Windows 11 and SyncToy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and SyncToy?: I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I would like to continue to use SyncToy. Can I download a working version somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-and-synctoy/f3676ba5-f434-4c6b-a9dc-31e846f8f00c
  4. SyncToy and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SyncToy and Windows 11: Trying to install SyncToy on my new Win 11 PC.Downloaded SyncToySetupPackage_V21_x64. When it runs it tells me it needs .NET Framework 2.0.5727!This version of .NET no longer supported.Is there a way round this? I have seen that others run SyncToy on Win 11. Maybe a different...
  5. SyncToy and Windows 11

SyncToy and Windows 11: Trying to install SyncToy on my new Win 11 PC.Downloaded SyncToySetupPackage_V21_x64. When it runs it tells me it needs .NET Framework 2.0.5727!This version of .NET no longer supported.Is there a way round this? I have seen that others run SyncToy on Win 11. Maybe a different...
  6. Synctoy

Synctoy: How to download synctoy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy/cf793a4b-08c6-4a41-94c9-b7c47234a029
  7. Failed to create folder pair in SyncToy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to create folder pair in SyncToy...: I'm having problems with SyncToy and a WesternDigital MyBookLive.Soarce: D:\My documentsTarget: \\Mybooklive\documents\My documentsI get this error message:"Failed to create folder pair. Failed to create the provider."I don't understand why it is doing this.Both folders exist...
  8. Failed to create folder pair in SyncToy...

Failed to create folder pair in SyncToy...: I'm having problems with SyncToy and a WesternDigital MyBookLive.Soarce: D:\My documentsTarget: \\Mybooklive\documents\My documentsI get this error message:"Failed to create folder pair. Failed to create the provider."I don't understand why it is doing this.Both folders exist...
  9. Synctoy error message when moving to new computer without download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synctoy error message when moving to new computer without download: When trying to move Synctoy to a new computer without the download no longer available, I get the error message "The parameter is incorrect". This is after putting all of the files and programs in the proper locations on the new computer. Is there something the download does...
  10. Synctoy error message when moving to new computer without download

Synctoy error message when moving to new computer without download: When trying to move Synctoy to a new computer without the download no longer available, I get the error message "The parameter is incorrect". This is after putting all of the files and programs in the proper locations on the new computer. Is there something the download does...