Windows 10: SyncToy doesn't update date stamp if I use task scheduler?

Discus and support SyncToy doesn't update date stamp if I use task scheduler? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been using SyncToy 2.1 to make backups of some of my files to a separate hard drive. I tried to get the standard Windows backup system to do it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alanapants89, Nov 19, 2020.

1. SyncToy doesn't update date stamp if I use task scheduler?

I've been using SyncToy 2.1 to make backups of some of my files to a separate hard drive. I tried to get the standard Windows backup system to do it, but the folder I want to sync never seemed to properly add itself to the list of synced folders.

I use the Task Scheduler to make daily backups, and something I've noticed is that if the Task Scheduler runs SyncToy, its internal "Last Run At" time doesn't get updated. This isn't a huge deal, as it has indeed run, but it would be nice to have it update in case something goes wrong and I need to know when the last successful backup was.

... Alternately, I suppose, if anyone has tips on how to get Windows to accept a new folder for syncing... SyncToy doesn't update date stamp if I use task scheduler? :p

:)

Alanapants89, Nov 19, 2020

2. SyncToy as a Scheduled Task - How to see results of run

Hi Nyima: Thank you for replying to my question on SyncToy. Here is my response to your questions:

• Why am I running SyncToy as a Scheduled Task? I am using SyncToy to perform regular backup of files in an office situation, and I need this to run at specific times (every day) without any manual intervention.
    • Am I facing any issues when I run the program normally? No, but I would like to see the same statistics produced by the "normal" run when it is run as a Scheduled Task.
    Thanks. . .

EzekielBarbirolli, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Brownie51 Win User
    Window 10 Task Scheduler will not run SyncToy

I have recently installed Window 10 and SyncToy 2.1. Windows 10 Task Scheduler will not run SyncToy, it does send over the SyncToy .bat file but not my files and there are no error message,

However if I run SyncToy manually it works perfectly ever time. If I run Task Scheduler manually it will run all the preset tasks but not SyncToy

I have been using SyncToy for some years on my Window 7 machine with on problems

Can anybody help with this one, thank you

Brownie51, Nov 19, 2020
  4. SyncToy doesn't update date stamp if I use task scheduler?

Window 10 Task Scheduler will not run SyncToy

Hi Bownie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

There could be a corruption with the Task scheduler. Let's try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Refresh the Task scheduler service and check if the issue persist.

• Press Windows key and type
      services
      in the Start Search box.
    • Right-Click Services, and select Run as Administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
    • Right-click the Task Scheduler Service and select
      Refresh.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the app.

If the issue persist, I would suggest you to uninstall the
    SyncToy 2.1 app, then reinstall it and check if it helps.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

SyncToy doesn't update date stamp if I use task scheduler?

1. SyncToy doesn't update date stamp if I use task scheduler? - Similar Threads - SyncToy doesn't update

2. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  3. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  4. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Use task scheduler for hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Use task scheduler for hibernation: Windows 10 64 Pro ver. 2004 (os build 19041.1165) Most time window will not hibernate after the designated time has past and keeps on running. So I decided to use task scheduler to tell my computer to go to sleep. It works with one exception, it doesn't wait the 30 minutes...
  6. Synctoy not syncing when run as a scheduled task

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synctoy not syncing when run as a scheduled task: After downloading Powertoys recently I decide to setup sync toys to sync a few things. I have 3 pairs setup, they run just find if I manually run synctoy and then "run all" button. I setup a scheduled task and the syncing does not happen, task scheduler runs it ok...
  7. SyncToy 2.1 doesn't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SyncToy 2.1 doesn't install: When I open SyncToy Setup Package this pops up and I can't do anything. I tried this with both x64 and x86[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy-21-doesnt-install/963b8f4c-28de-4419-ae1f-f4ea81228a86
  8. Task Scheduler doesn't run script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't run script: Hey Microsoft Community, I'm trying to create a task in Task Scheduler that runs a specific script. The issue is that when the task runs (whether I do it manually or if it's scheduled), the script doesn't actually get executed. I know that the script works, and I have tried...
  9. Date/Time Stamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....
  10. Task Scheduler doesn't run program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler doesn't run program: I'm running a task schedule to run a program at a certain time. It worked great in windows 7 but since I upgraded to 10 nothing happens when the task is run. I've run SFC and Dism see below and no problems found. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....