Windows 10: SyncToy is critical functionality for me. Please keep it viable!

Discus and support SyncToy is critical functionality for me. Please keep it viable! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My objective is to maintain my secondary laptop computer so that if my primary desktop computer dies or if I lose my Internet connection, I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jon Cohen, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Jon Cohen Win User

SyncToy is critical functionality for me. Please keep it viable!

My objective is to maintain my secondary laptop computer so that if my primary desktop computer dies or if I lose my Internet connection, I can continue work. I put all my critical files in a "Sync Data" folder on the desktop of both computers, and when I change anything, I just let SyncToy sync those folders up.

Networking in general & SyncToy in particular has been losing functionality with Windows 10 for some time. I'm having a very difficult time getting both computers appropriately visible to the other via Networking & File Sharing, and SyncToy simply can't "see" the other computers on the network.

So,

1. Are the alternatives to SyncToy that work well?
    2. How can we provide feedback to Microsoft to keep SyncToy working?
    3. And I wouldn't mind some ease-of-use improvements.

One of the SyncToy web pages suggested this as an alternative: https://www.ubackup.com/free-backup-software.html

Anyone have any experience with this software?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Jon Cohen, Aug 4, 2020

2. Synctoy

Hi Kevin,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you using a 32bit or 64bit system? On the Start menu, type System, and then hit Enter.
    • Are you getting any error messages before the SyncToy application hangs?
    • Has the SyncToy application in Windows 10 ever worked before?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Updte Plans for Microsoft SyncToy

Hi Lamak,

Issues related to SyncToy are support in the SyncToy forum. I suggest you to post the query in the following link for better assistance.

Technet forums

Hope this information helps.

Pavan_N, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Downloading Synctoy for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Issues related to SyncToy are support in the SyncToy forum. I suggest you to post the query in the following link for better assistance.

Microsoft forums - SyncFx - SyncToy-File Synchronization

Hope this information helps.

Geethu B, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. SyncToy is critical functionality for me. Please keep it viable! - Similar Threads - SyncToy critical functionality

2. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED PLEASE HELP ME!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED PLEASE HELP ME!: So i have a keyboard but every time i turn on my pc it starts up as normal but doesn't finish instead it goes to the automatic repair screen and i try to reset it but its been a year since i have been on my pc and i do not remember the password to it so i can not run command...
  3. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED PLEASE HELP ME!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED PLEASE HELP ME!: So i have a keyboard but every time i turn on my pc it starts up as normal but doesn't finish instead it goes to the automatic repair screen and i try to reset it but its been a year since i have been on my pc and i do not remember the password to it so i can not run command...
  4. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED PLEASE HELP ME!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Please help me understand the cause of this critical error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me understand the cause of this critical error: Hello dear Microsoft support.Im facing some random system crashes and restarts sometimes. This critical error i see in the Windows Event Viewer:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed,...
  6. Synctoy

Synctoy: How to download synctoy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy/cf793a4b-08c6-4a41-94c9-b7c47234a029
  7. SyncToy problems

SyncToy problems: I've recently bought a new PC, running Windows 10, which is up-to-date, version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685). In the past I've used SyncToy to backup files, but I can't get this to install on my new PC. When I try to install SyncToy, I get this message: "This setup requires the...
  8. installing Synctoy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    installing Synctoy: The installation prompts requirement for .NET to be installed but having installed Microsoft .NET Framework the installation still stops and prompts to install .NET Framework. Trying to reinstall reports .NET Framework already installed, what is going on here?...
  9. SyncToy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SyncToy: why is it not working on Windows 10 PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy/f806d2ba-05fa-4d61-a200-bdcec8c97551
  10. SyncToy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SyncToy: Is SyncToy reliable in Win 10? I f so how to run it in the best way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy/9ce6c645-16a4-4289-bed1-eda5ae2eecbc