Windows 10: Synctoy not syncing when run as a scheduled task

Discus and support Synctoy not syncing when run as a scheduled task in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After downloading Powertoys recently I decide to setup sync toys to sync a few things. I have 3 pairs setup, they run just find if I manually run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Greg McCutchan, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Synctoy not syncing when run as a scheduled task

After downloading Powertoys recently I decide to setup sync toys to sync a few things.

I have 3 pairs setup, they run just find if I manually run synctoy and then "run all" button.

I setup a scheduled task and the syncing does not happen, task scheduler runs it ok according to the history

I have this:-

"C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1\SyncToyCmd.exe" -R

Checking the logs in Synctoy

SYNC: 12/10/2020 18:38:28:689: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SYNC: 12/10/2020 18:38:28:695: Starting SyncToy, version 2.1.0.0, built 19/10/2009 3:04:38 AM.
    SYNC: 12/10/2020 18:41:04:496: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SYNC: 12/10/2020 18:41:04:508: Starting SyncToyCmd, version 2.1.0.0, built 19/10/2009 3:04:38 AM.
    SYNC: 12/10/2020 18:41:04:563: *** Failed to execute folder pair Music. Could not locate folder W:\Music\.
    SYNC: 12/10/2020 18:41:04:564: *** Failed to execute folder pair Pictures. Could not locate folder W:\Pictures\.
    SYNC: 12/10/2020 18:41:04:564: *** Failed to execute folder pair Documents. Could not locate folder W:\documents\Documents\.
    SYNC: 12/10/2020 18:47:14:546: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SYNC: 12/10/2020 18:47:14:549: Starting SyncToy, version 2.1.0.0, built 19/10/2009 3:04:38 AM.

The folders are there, they work just fine when manually run, so any ideas?

:)

Greg McCutchan, Dec 10, 2020

2. SyncToy as a Scheduled Task - How to see results of run

Hi Nyima: Thank you for replying to my question on SyncToy. Here is my response to your questions:

• Why am I running SyncToy as a Scheduled Task? I am using SyncToy to perform regular backup of files in an office situation, and I need this to run at specific times (every day) without any manual intervention.
    • Am I facing any issues when I run the program normally? No, but I would like to see the same statistics produced by the "normal" run when it is run as a Scheduled Task.
    Thanks. . .

EzekielBarbirolli, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Brownie51 Win User
    Window 10 Task Scheduler will not run SyncToy

I have recently installed Window 10 and SyncToy 2.1. Windows 10 Task Scheduler will not run SyncToy, it does send over the SyncToy .bat file but not my files and there are no error message,

However if I run SyncToy manually it works perfectly ever time. If I run Task Scheduler manually it will run all the preset tasks but not SyncToy

I have been using SyncToy for some years on my Window 7 machine with on problems

Can anybody help with this one, thank you

Brownie51, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Synctoy not syncing when run as a scheduled task

Window 10 Task Scheduler will not run SyncToy

Refreshing the task Scheduler DID NOT work for me:

WIN10 on a MS SP3 with a WD NAS drive for both left and right folders.

I spend an hour last night making sure I set up everything correctly, b/c I did set things up last week and SYNCTOY never ran from the TASK SCHEDULER.

It was set to do daily runs at 8PM.

This after installing 10 days ago the latest SYNCTOY (v2.1) from a MS download site a little more than a week ago.

I even reset the TASK Scheduler last night without uninstalling SyncToy.

Is an uninstall and reinstall actually necessary for me?

Uninstalling and reinstalling SYNCTOY seemed silly since the install was from MS site just about 10 days ago.

At the moment (12/20/2016 at 1730 hrs) am running a manual SYNC toy and will delete the task in TASK Scheduler.

Thoughts, anyone, please?

RJL

RobertinManhattanNY, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Synctoy not syncing when run as a scheduled task

1. Synctoy not syncing when run as a scheduled task - Similar Threads - Synctoy syncing run

2. Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!: There is a task I created on Task Scheduler Task Library/ Microsoft and I tried deleting it but for some reason I cannot delete it as Task Scheduler just stops responding. I know there is a way to delete the task from command prompt, but this one I do not know how as it is...
  3. Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!: There is a task I created on Task Scheduler Task Library/ Microsoft and I tried deleting it but for some reason I cannot delete it as Task Scheduler just stops responding. I know there is a way to delete the task from command prompt, but this one I do not know how as it is...
  4. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  5. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  6. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Scheduled task not running

Scheduled task not running: I use the "portable apps" platform to hold a lot of small programs I dont want installed - but even from my C: ssd its very slow to load. So I have set up a scheduled task to run it as soon as the pc becomes idle. [ATTACH] However it does not run. Even when I right-click...
  8. USING TASK SCHEDULER TO RUN SYNC TOY

USING TASK SCHEDULER TO RUN SYNC TOY: After the Sync Toy process has been set up in Task Scheduler, does the Sync Toy app need to be open at the scheduled start time to allow it to run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-task-scheduler-to-run-sync-toy/e185258a-cd9a-498b-acac-d4a1549371bc
  9. Task Scheduler Not Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  10. Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely: Hey everyone I tried using this guide (How To Easily Send Emails From The Windows Task Scheduler) to create a task that will send me an email whenever someone connects with RDP.The task works and sends the email if i run it, but i am unsure how to set it so that it activates...