Windows 10: Synology DS213j missing from windows explorer under network

Discus and support Synology DS213j missing from windows explorer under network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 v1909 {18363 535} HP Laptop Synology DS213j is visible when clicking on THIS PC under Headline Network Locations When clicking on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ibroxbear, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Ibroxbear Win User

Synology DS213j missing from windows explorer under network

Windows 10 v1909 {18363 535} HP Laptop

Synology DS213j is visible when clicking on THIS PC under Headline Network Locations

When clicking on Network in the sidebar below music, pictures etc. it shows

HP Laptop under headline Computer,

Laptop, TVs and DS213j under headline Devices,

DS213j and TV's under headline Other Devices

My problem is that when expanding NETWORK in sidebar it shows HP LAPTOP only. It showed DS213j a few times when switching on the laptop but has disappeared. I can open Synology by clicking on Devices but this opens it on my Firefox browser which is a long winded way to do it. When it showed in the sidebar all I had to do was enter a password and it opened in file explorer.

I have Windows v1909 in my PC and Synology is visible under network in the sidebar and this is how I click to open it in file explore.

Has maybe an update done this? Can't see any difference with the PC settings.

*****Moving to Windows*****

:)

Ibroxbear, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Ibroxbear Win User

synology sign in crudentials

At last found the problem. I recently added the Firefox add on "HTTPS Everywhere". I disabled it re-started the PC and voila! when I clicked on my DS213J in network\file explorer it opened up without asking for crudentials. I found a link in Firefox
    which suggested it was a cookie or browser log on problem. The strange thing is that Firefox connected me to the Synology log on page no problem when using Synology Assistant or just typing in the IP address.

Ibroxbear, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    Synology sign in

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Synology drive shows under devices and access does not prompt for password.

I would suggest you to check the Synology Control Settings based on the
    Synology NAS User's Guide

However, let me help to point you in the right direction for Synology setup and configuration. I would recommend that you get in touch with the

Synology Support
    and have a check on the settings for the drive.

For any advanced NAS related configurations, you can also post your query in our

TechNet
    forums where you have professionals with expertise on Network Access Storage and configuration.

Reference for Synology DS213j:
    https://www.synology.com/en-us/support/download/DS213j#docs

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Dec 22, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Synology Announces Availability DiskStation DS213j NAS

Synology America Corp. announces the release of the DS213j, the latest in their line of affordable, energy-efficient, dual bay NAS devices. Serving up advanced storage for the home user, the DS213j is the ideal companion for users who want complete control over their cloud-accessible content. Powered by a 1.2Ghz processor with an integrated FPU, the DS213j can generate multi-sized thumbnail images faster than its predecessor. The unit also includes 512MB of RAM; furthering overall performance when running multiple applications. The DS213j takes advantage of Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM 4.2). With DSM, the DS213j makes features and accessibility easily available to users.

Synology DS213j  missing from windows  explorer under network 002_thm.jpg

Accessing and sharing files with Cloud Station and the DS cloud mobile app has been made significantly easier with DSM's Quick Connect feature. Documents on the DS213j can be made web-accessible, without the need for port-forwarding.

Data redundancy, and storage requirements can sometimes be complex. Using Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) simplifies data management, so the data on the DS213j can be protected from potential hard drive failure; maximizing the storage available. "The DS213j is now the ideal private cloud solution for home users" said, Jason Bonoan, Product Marketing Manager of Synology America Corp. "It's the cloud, but it's as public ? or private ? as users want it to be."

Synology offers a wide range of mobile apps, such as DS photo+, DS audio, and DS cloud apps. This enables users to maintain accessibility to their photos, music, and documents on the go. It's one of many advanced features Synology has built into the DSM, of which the DS213j takes full advantage.

To find out more please visit the product page.

Availability
    Synology DiskStation DS213j will ship globally around mid-May.

btarunr, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Synology DS213j missing from windows explorer under network - Similar Threads - Synology DS213j missing

2. Access Synology NAS on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Synology NAS on network: When attempting to access the folders and files on my Synology DS418play I'm confronted with "You do no have permission to access\\DS418Play Contact your administror to obtain permission."I've seen reference on the web to this predicament many times in an attempt to solve...
  3. Missing network Pc in file explorer

Missing network Pc in file explorer: I have 3 PC’s running windows 10 pro. Each one has Quick books installed, with 1 of the 3 hosting the company file for QB. This network is a private ethernet network and has been working fine since it was set up. The problem is thst i wanted to share additional files between...
  4. File Explorer is missing "system" files under Music

File Explorer is missing "system" files under Music: One of the recent releases of Windows has caused File Explorer not to show *.jpg files in my music directory. I do have it set to show hidden files. Some programs can see the .jpg files for example, album art and folder in addition to the music files .mp3 & .flac, so I know...
  5. Missing WiFi and Ethernet under Network Status

Missing WiFi and Ethernet under Network Status: Did the latest system update and today when I went to log in I couldn't use my PIN. Was able to get in using my account id but then noticed my wifi and Ethernet connections are missing under my Network and Internet setting. I can see them still in Device Manager. The Network...
  6. Missing folders that appear under ThisPC in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing folders that appear under ThisPC in file explorer: In windows 10 the 6 folders that appear under thisPC is not showing, How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-folders-that-appear-under-thispc-in-file/b5020674-2475-434b-b8a0-7d35a0ff88c2
  7. Missing entries under "Network"

Missing entries under "Network": Win 10 Laptop and PC. The laptop Explorer doesn't show other computers until I type their name into the address bar. Is there something (easy) to try that might correct this? Thanks. 131074
  8. computer folder/tab missing from file explorer/network

computer folder/tab missing from file explorer/network: After I recently changed router settings, I could not see any of the computers on my local network and now I cannot see the computer folder in file explorer/network. I cannot even see my own computer. My computer can be accessed by another computer on the network. How do I...
  9. Explorer missing a network device

Explorer missing a network device: Hi, Missing network device - EXTERNALDRIVE Since the last Windows 10 update which I installed on Dec. 9 I am missing one devices in Explorer > Network on one of three network computers. They are all present on the other two computers. One of these is Windows 10., the other...
  10. Network machines missing in Explorer

Network machines missing in Explorer: I have 5 computers and 4 are running Windows 10. The machine I use as the main one I upgraded from Windows 7 ULT to Win 10 and have had little trouble but, my number 2 machine I added the insider preview 5 builds ago and since then, when trying to view all machines in...