Windows 10: Synthetic Watchdog Timeout BSOD crash

Discus and support Synthetic Watchdog Timeout BSOD crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Of late, I have been getting random hangs, followed sometimes by a BSOD telling me Synthetic Watchdog Timeout. I have done just about everything I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nomad of Norad, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Synthetic Watchdog Timeout BSOD crash

Of late, I have been getting random hangs, followed sometimes by a BSOD telling me Synthetic Watchdog Timeout. I have done just about everything I can think of to fix it. Far as I understand it, the ONLY thing that can be causing this is virtual-machines related, Hyper-V and the like. I HAD Docker Desktop installed on my machine, and some other related stuff, but I finally got totally fed up with the crashes and totally uninstalled it all, and to the best of my understanding I have turned...

Read more

Nomad of Norad, Apr 29, 2021
  2. JRR
    JRR Win User

BSOD Clock watchdog timeout Windows 10

Found my fix:

1. Downloaded a current (April 2018) ISO of Windows 10 64-bit from Microsoft

1. Downgraded product from "Enterprise" to "Pro"
    2. HIGHLY LIKELY issue with UPDATES for Spectre and Meltdown

Windows now works!! those new updates are not installed yet (unless they are part of the new ISO i used.)

Helpful people were:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD Problems - Windows Crashes and Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Help and Support

Clock watchdog timeout windows 10

Synthetic Watchdog Timeout BSOD crash :)

3. JRR
    JRR Win User
    BSOD Clock watchdog timeout Windows 10

ISSUE OS:

Windows 10 Enterprise.

HARDWARE:

MSI X370 SLI PLUS, Ryzen 1600, 32GB DDR4 2133, 250G SSD, 850W TT Gold PSU and Gigabyte RX580 8GB

ISSUE DESCRIPTION: Fresh install, OS works, installed drivers and apps (not Nortons tho) from the MSI dvd. Windows worked.....updates....games started to be installed....tried Northgard annnnnd crash.
    And it went from there.
    BSOD (the times i actually got one):

ERROR:

BSOD Clock watchdog timeout

EFFORTS:
    removed apps. then removed drivers. then readded fresh new latest drivers for one thing* at a time.

Same issue, Clock watchdog timeout BSOD after 1minute to maybe 5 mins uptime.

I even tried a different VGA card.

Hopefully this will help others as I go thru this I will update on progress and a fix.

4. zbook Win User

Synthetic Watchdog Timeout BSOD crash

Number of different BSODs - Can't figure for the problem

The bugcheck was synthetic watchdog timeout: 1CA

Were you able to run V2 or check for a memory dump?
    Upload V2 after any BSOD.

Update the progress with the steps in post #17.

zbook, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Synthetic Watchdog Timeout BSOD crash

1. Synthetic Watchdog Timeout BSOD crash - Similar Threads - Synthetic Watchdog Timeout

2. Windows crashed with clock watchdog timeout BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashed with clock watchdog timeout BSOD: Greetings,I'm having BSOD when I'm rendering something but it's not always 100% BSOD. Sometimes it renders fully and other times it freezes my PC then BSOD.Can someone help me please? I already bought new RAM but the problem still occurs. I also checked event viewer and this...
  3. Windows crashed with clock watchdog timeout BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashed with clock watchdog timeout BSOD: Greetings,I'm having BSOD when I'm rendering something but it's not always 100% BSOD. Sometimes it renders fully and other times it freezes my PC then BSOD.Can someone help me please? I already bought new RAM but the problem still occurs. I also checked event viewer and this...
  4. Windows crashed with clock watchdog timeout BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT: Hello all!Something went wrong when installing a new AMD processor driver that turned out to be incompatible with my CPU. I managed to uninstall it through a repair USB. Afterwards, I converted my SSD from MBR to GPT with mbr2gpt. Now I'm getting regular BSODs "CLOCK WATCHDOG...
  6. BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout

BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout: Got a BSOD with the error code "Clock Watchdog Timeout" while playing Valheim. Here is the DMP file:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmBtipVBx2pVgR96kqZbOLiMxrp9?e=2ocuOiLog:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎6/‎14/‎2023 4:08 PMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event...
  7. Windows crashed with clock watchdog timeout bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashed with clock watchdog timeout bsod: After recently getting rid of BSOD caused by faulty drivers on my Windows 10 laptop, I started getting clock watchdog timeout and IRQL timeout BSOD, but the minidump was created only for the clock watchdog error. I have attached the minidump file and the system information...
  8. Windows crashed with clock watchdog timeout bsod

Windows crashed with clock watchdog timeout bsod: After recently getting rid of BSOD caused by faulty drivers on my Windows 10 laptop, I started getting clock watchdog timeout and IRQL timeout BSOD, but the minidump was created only for the clock watchdog error. I have attached the minidump file and the system information...
  9. Windows crashed with clock watchdog timeout bsod

10. Synthetic Watchdog Timeout BSOD crash

Synthetic Watchdog Timeout BSOD crash: Of late, I have been getting random hangs, followed sometimes by a BSOD telling me Synthetic Watchdog Timeout. I have done just about everything I can think of to fix it. Far as I understand it, the ONLY thing that can be causing this is virtual-machines related, Hyper-V and...