Windows 10: SynTP.sys BSOD caused by Hal.dll and ntsokrnl.exe

Discus and support SynTP.sys BSOD caused by Hal.dll and ntsokrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have noticed I keep having SynTP BSODs from the two files hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe. It can be rather annoying, this happens rather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by theawesome12323, Aug 2, 2016.

1. SynTP.sys BSOD caused by Hal.dll and ntsokrnl.exe

Hello, I have noticed I keep having SynTP BSODs from the two files hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe. It can be rather annoying, this happens rather sporadically, with months going by without a BSOD or it can be more frequent. I know SynTP is caused by outdated drivers but I have no idea how to update these two files or what to do. This usually happens while I am playing Video Games, however this may be just a coincidence as when I am using my computer, I am usually playing games, plus it has happened outside of me playing video games as well. A BSOD does not occur for a specific game but has crashed playing multiple ones

I am currently using Windows 10

Thank you for your help!

PS. I am not very good with computers, so small words would be appreciated *Smile

:)

theawesome12323, Aug 2, 2016
  2. IvanColo1 Win User

windows 10 ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe while gaming

I tried the fix unfortunately no progress still got a ntsokrnl.exe bsod while playing PUBG this morning

IvanColo1, Aug 2, 2016
  3. AngDean Win User
    hal.dll+35f1f bsod error in Windows 10

OT- hal.dll+35f1f bsod

Hello,

There was a bsod just now, which is the first time I've experienced it - and should I be worrying about it?

This is what I got from BlueScreenView:

071816-24656-01.dmp

18/7/2016 8:23:23 PM

0x00000124

00000000`00000000

ffffe000`2db12028

00000000`b2000000

00000000`00100402

hal.dll

hal.dll+35f1f

x64

ntoskrnl.exe+142940

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071816-24656-01.dmp

What caused this? Thanks!

AngDean, Aug 2, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

SynTP.sys BSOD caused by Hal.dll and ntsokrnl.exe

Hi theawesome12323,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Is your laptop a custom build one? I cannot find the manufacturer of the laptop.
    Syntp.sys is the driver for the touchpad, the recommended action to take is to update the driver or reinstall it if there are no updates available.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

SynTP.sys BSOD caused by Hal.dll and ntsokrnl.exe [​IMG]

SynTP.sys BSOD caused by Hal.dll and ntsokrnl.exe [​IMG]

axe0, Aug 2, 2016
  5. Hi axe0

Yes it is custom made, I sadly could not get it to update my laptop settings but I can tell you it uses an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz for a CPU with 16GB of RAM, it did not however tell me what my SynTP is.

Forgive me for this awfully dumb question but would the best method for updating / reinstalling the driver would be for me to try and download the driver and see if it uninstalls the old one and reinstall the new one?

EDIT: I have just scanned my computer to see if there needs to be an update for my Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad driver and it says it is up to date. When I try downloading a new driver from the website and installing that one, it says the one I have is newer than the one on the site, so I'm not sure what to do

theawesome12323, Aug 2, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The system specs need to be edited manually which is why I added those pictures.

I recommend against updating through device manager, it basically never updates drivers. You should install the drivers from the manufacturer, note that more recent does not mean better.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SynTP.sys BSOD caused by Hal.dll and ntsokrnl.exe

1. SynTP.sys BSOD caused by Hal.dll and ntsokrnl.exe - Similar Threads - SynTP sys BSOD

2. BSOD Ntsokrnl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Ntsokrnl: Hi GuysI have been continuing to get a bsod for sometime now. It appears to be random. Usually if I leave the PC on for a few hours and come back and its done it.I downloaded BlueScreenView to read minidumps and have the following...
  3. BSOD Ntsokrnl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Ntsokrnl: Hi GuysI have been continuing to get a bsod for sometime now. It appears to be random. Usually if I leave the PC on for a few hours and come back and its done it.I downloaded BlueScreenView to read minidumps and have the following...
  4. BSOD Ntsokrnl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys

BSOD caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys: Greetings, fellow Windows users!Yesterday, my computer had its BSOD while I'm using Adobe Premiere which was apparently caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys.Here is a link to the dmp file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmT-xQXftxFWgiKU88vH7tRulzda?e=33kqdQThanks for any further help...
  6. BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys

BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys: I've tried reverting graphics drivers, windows updates, updating BIOS, resetting windows and other recommended methods such as chkdsk and DISM. I would like some confirmation on my issue being potentially video card related. Another pair of eyes/insight is the goal of this...
  7. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  8. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  9. BSOD caused by Dot4.sys

BSOD caused by Dot4.sys: I have a BSOD problem caused by Dot4.sys very often but I have no idea what is causing it. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Dot4.sys+e23f IEEE-1284.4-1999 Driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider 6.1.7600.16385 built by: WinDDK x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aab90
  10. BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys

BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys: My laptop crashed with STOP code DEVICE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, stating that QCamain10x64.sys had failed, which according to Google, is the driver of my laptop's wireless adapter. Just to make sure before attempting to reinstall the driver via device manager, I saw this wiki...
Tags: