Windows 10: SynTP.sys BSOD Recurring problem

Discus and support SynTP.sys BSOD Recurring problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop with a touchpad running latest windows 10. I see this sometimes when I play games: I can manually disable that driver by going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by -AndyMilne-, Oct 1, 2018.

1. SynTP.sys BSOD Recurring problem

I have a laptop with a touchpad running latest windows 10. I see this sometimes when I play games:

I can manually disable that driver by going to the device drivers right clicking on it and disable it. The touchpad works great when this SynTP.sys driver is disabled, and I don't get this BSOD when it's disabled. But, for some reason, this driver gets re-enabled. Perhaps it's windows update (or maybe some other action?) the device driver somehow is re-enabled and then I get the BSOD again.

So, is there a way to permanently disable this device driver? My computer obviously works great without it. Ironically I don't even use the touchpad, I use a USB mouse instead.

So, can I blacklist this driver or something equivalent to prevent it ever getting enabled again? Maybe I can disable the driver, delete it and make a folder in my drivers folder called SynTP.sys? (too scared that my laptop will not boot if I did that).

Maybe there's a command line I can use to automatically disable that device driver? If so, what would that command line be?

I've checked to see if I have the latest SynTP.sys and Windows insists that I have the latest version. Obviously the driver is buggy. I'm not the only person seeing this BSOD. I can't find a good permanent workaround nor a solution to this issue. I'm in a cycle: disable driver, have fun for a week or so, then numerous BSODs until I manually disable the driver.

:)

-AndyMilne-, Oct 1, 2018

2. BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys)

Hi Seung,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys).

Please let us know the make/model of your computer.

The L1C63x64.sys is the Atheros LAN driver and I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the Atheros LAN driver but install the latest Atheros LAN driver by visiting the manufacture's website and avoid using any LAN driver available though Windows Update.

However the problem could also be with any VPN software and other software so make sure you have the latest version of each of these software.

If the errors continue uninstall the VPN software and check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries for BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys). We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 1, 2018
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile SynTP.sys BSOD Recurring problem :)

cplpro, Oct 1, 2018
  4. axe0 Win User

SynTP.sys BSOD Recurring problem

Windows 10 Recurring Crashes

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the 10forums.

As this is not a BSOD problem, this is not the right part of the forum.
    There are a few suggestions I would give you, NO garantee it will help!

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

SynTP.sys BSOD Recurring problem [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

SynTP.sys BSOD Recurring problem [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with AVG Driver Updater, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

axe0, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

SynTP.sys BSOD Recurring problem

1. SynTP.sys BSOD Recurring problem - Similar Threads - SynTP sys BSOD

2. Recurring BSOD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring BSOD's: I have an alienware M17 and i have been facing recurring BSOD's. I have tried reinstalling windows multiple times, dell customer support told me it's not a hardware issue and they were not able to help me. every time i reinstall windows the problem is fixed for a few days,...
  3. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  5. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  6. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  7. Recurring BSOD

8. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1 BSOD, recurring problem

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1 BSOD, recurring problem: I have been having a recurring problem, more often now than before. It happened long before when I had an EVGA 1080 installed, but only when playing Overwatch and very infrequently. A couple months ago, I purchased an EVGA 3060ti. I had no problems with it until I installed...
  9. Recurring BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recurring BSODs: Not sure if posting in the right subreddit - please advise best place to ask this if not. Now, I've recently changed the motherboard and OS drive of my system, and that meant doing a fresh install of Windows. After the install, I've been getting various BSODs. Examples...
  10. Recurring BSOD

Recurring BSOD: Hello :) I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC as i wanted to start fresh. Everything seem'd fine at first but playing games & have sites open seem to cause BSOD or make my computer freeze entirely. I have not had this problem before and have since turned off fast...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. syntp.sys error win10 update

2. kmode exception not handled windows 10 syn tpsys

3. syntp.sys bsod game

4. SynTP.sys 問題