Windows 10: Sys Files loading more than once during boot.

Discus and support Sys Files loading more than once during boot. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When Booting up my Windows 10 system, the startup process tries to load dxgkrnl.sys 5 extra times; then it tries to load NDProxy.sys four extra times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hipotinoos, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Sys Files loading more than once during boot.

When Booting up my Windows 10 system, the startup process tries to load dxgkrnl.sys 5 extra times; then it tries to load NDProxy.sys four extra times. Next it tries to load WdFilter.sys two extra times. Needless to say, this extends the boot time. Looking through the boot log shows that these files were already successfully loaded, but later tries to load them again. How can I stop this?

:)

hipotinoos, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Boot files not loaded

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics driver. You may visit the manufacturer's support site to find the latest graphics driver.

You can also run the System File Check tool to check if there is system file corruption.
    To run the tool, follow these steps:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Startbutton, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc /scannow

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 corrupt boot file sfvfs02.sys

Perfect!

So I edited the one file above and upon the next startup I found that a different .sys file was also failing to load. I checked and it was also a StarForce file.

My next step was to locate which program is associated with starforce, and alas I could not...

I went to the starforce website though and found a handy remove all starforce files tool. Tada! All fixed. My computer now boots with no issues.

YAY! I have my 1400$ work laptop back. THANK YOU SIR!

BenjaminHooper, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Sys Files loading more than once during boot.

Windows 10 corrupt boot file sfvfs02.sys

I had the same issue. You helped me to findout what to do. It seems that "StarForce protection" corrupeted computer by its drivers...

Computer cannot be booted even in safe mode, because this drivers are used even in safe mode.

What exactly i did:

1) I used Operation System Life Distribution DVD (Ubuntu in my case) to boot computer.

2) I renamed c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfvfs02.sys to sfvfs02.sy (or you can just remove this file... )

and then i renamed also these files:

%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\sfsync03.sys

%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\sfhlp02.sys

%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\sfdrv01.sys

(This list i found here: http://superuser.com/a/93473/196494 )

3) reboot computer and it works!

Jan Vondrouš, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Sys Files loading more than once during boot.

1. Sys Files loading more than once during boot. - Similar Threads - Sys Files loading

2. Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once: I purchased an app on the Microsoft store and was billed more than once for it. How can I contact support and speak to a real person about my issue. The automated reply tells me to go the the website and the website is not helpful. How can I find help ?...
  3. Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once: I purchased an app on the Microsoft store and was billed more than once for it. How can I contact support and speak to a real person about my issue. The automated reply tells me to go the the website and the website is not helpful. How can I find help ?...
  4. Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. How to showand operate more than 3 windows at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to showand operate more than 3 windows at once: It is required at an age of multitasking. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-showand-operate-more-than-3-windows-at-once/0b6c5b00-a242-42c0-9fd8-f4091943e9fc
  6. If you see this message more than once, ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If you see this message more than once, ...: For the last week or so, I've got this three or four times. [img] So this morning I went through the exercise to no avail. I just got it again. Anyone else getting it? Got any suggestions? I do appreciate y'alls time. Thank you 126957
  7. Updates installing more than once

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates installing more than once: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just realized that KB4023057 has installed itself 3 times--November and December, 2018, and January 2019. KB4100347 has installed twice: once on January 29 and again today. Why would that be? 126628
  8. Running sfc /scannow more than once

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running sfc /scannow more than once: I've run across the suggestion that when running sfc /scannow it should be run two or three times, even if you received the message Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. My understanding has been that if no integrity violation are found you...
  9. Running sfc /scannow more than once question

in Windows 10 Support
    Running sfc /scannow more than once question: I've run across the suggestion that when running sfc /scannow it should be run two or three times, even if you received the message Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. My understanding has been that if no integrity violation are found you...
  10. Screen Flashes Once during Boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flashes Once during Boot.: its kinda hard to explain. but every time i reboot. there brightness changes for a while. ( few seconds then go back again ) as seen in the video. the issue start when i try to format the notebook ( clean the drive ) then its stuck at 30%. after that i forced restart the...