Windows 10: Syskey virus

Discus and support Syskey virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings all, My mother in law was hit by a phone scammer that resulted in her giving away her PW and the hooligan put a syskey on the computer. We... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelTully3, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Syskey virus

Greetings all,

My mother in law was hit by a phone scammer that resulted in her giving away her PW and the hooligan put a syskey on the computer. We can't even get to a log in screen and I have tried booting in safemode. Nothing happens. It just has that enter password box and a black screen. She can not find the boot disk so that is out. Does anyone have any suggestions other than using it as a paperweight? It is a gateway so a bit old.

:)

MichaelTully3, Sep 5, 2019

2. Syskey

Hello, thanks for sparing time for my issue .

I had syskey in my windows 10 operating system and I tried to update but in the final stage it did not go through because of the Syskey.

so I tried to disable syskey but guess I did something wrong and it asked me to change my syskey which I don't remember now... and now I can not use my laptop at all.. all I can do is try to put Syskey password and after three attention or takes me to repair
    PC and all the steps and o tried to reset my laptop and it completes the process but know the end on a black screen all I get is few dots going in a roundward motion .

please help

sanjaysaharan, Sep 5, 2019
  3. alice13 Win User
    Syskey

hey guys,

can anyone tell me that how can we set the syskey password in winxp?

thanks.

alice13, Sep 5, 2019
  4. ConiGL Win User

Syskey virus

Syskey

Hi again, Sorry I am seeming to misunderstand. I need a bit of clarification, should I disable syskey by that method first and then use bitlocker? Or just use bitlocker instead of messing with syskey? Will using Bitlocker disable the use of syskey altogether?
    Just want to be sure about this procedure. I have never enabled syskey on this system so using bitlocker instead is the way to go? I have windows 10 home 1703 build (15063 632) Is bitlocker usable on home edition?

Thank you.

ConiGL, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Syskey virus

1. Syskey virus - Similar Threads - Syskey virus

2. Disable syskey windows 10 (have password)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable syskey windows 10 (have password): One of my nephews friends thought it was a good Idea to put a syskey password on my nephews laptop a couple of years ago. My nephew has asked me to do a clean install on windows for him and I would like to disable the lock on the laptop for him but cannot for the life of me...
  3. syskey and install / upgrade of windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    syskey and install / upgrade of windows 7 to 10: I m trying to upgrade my operating system and am having difficulty in removing the syskey password on my machine to allow this. Is there a way to circumvent this?...
  4. Syskey support on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Syskey support on windows 10: Hello, I have a laptop that has confidential files on it. I would like to encrypt the SAM database with syskey. The only problem is that syskey got discontinued with windows 10 1709. Is it possible to add syskey to windows 10 1909 even though it is discontinued? I have...
  5. syskey

syskey: how do I remove Syskey from Windows 10 so that I can upgrade windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syskey/43bbc64d-048f-49a9-94b7-99b4e1e84392
  6. Syskey Removal

Syskey Removal: I activated SysKey and have the password on an early version of Windows 10 1703. Because Syskey is no longer supported I cannot upgrade to the latest version. Will windows refresh remove the syskey and is it the best procedure for removing Syskey and starting with a clean...
  7. i cant install updates due to something to do with a 'syskey'

i cant install updates due to something to do with a 'syskey': can't install updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-updates-due-to-something-to-do-with/48002258-ba0c-4273-88b3-f1374463246e
  8. syskey removal

syskey removal: how do I remove a syskey? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syskey-removal/8cb86c91-f2e9-458c-beaf-83d5feebaba3
  9. windows syskey

windows syskey: I received the following message when trying to update my windows 10 installation: PC configured with an external syskey the new OS no longer supports. Need to change PC configuration to use a locally stored syskey. Help is needed!!...
  10. Syskey

Syskey: Hello, thanks for sparing time for my issue . I had syskey in my windows 10 operating system and I tried to update but in the final stage it did not go through because of the Syskey. so I tried to disable syskey but guess I did something wrong and it asked me to change my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The syskey.exe utility has also been known to be used by hackers as part of ransomware scams.