Windows 10: Sysmain Disable?

Discus and support Sysmain Disable? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I'd looking for some advice, i'm running on win10 and have a HDD (cant afford a SSD atm) today i came on my pc to find that Sysmain(Superfetch)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alestaos, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Sysmain Disable?

Hello

I'd looking for some advice, i'm running on win10 and have a HDD (cant afford a SSD atm) today i came on my pc to find that Sysmain(Superfetch) was running at 100%disk. I was googling a solution to it, and people say to disable it if its causing a hit to performance. I'm just wondering is it Safe to disable it and it wont affect my desktop after it?

Thanks

submitted by /u/Alestaos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alestaos, Oct 5, 2020

2. Superfetch disable

sc stop "SysMain" & sc config "SysMain" start=disabled will disable the service as well. Have you tried the command?

Regards.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Oct 5, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Service Host: SysMain freezing up my computer.

Hi Edward

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

SysMain,used to be known as SuperFetch and that process is known to lock up a PC by using 100% disk

Click your Start Button, then just type services and press Enter

On the resulting Services utility, scroll down to find SysMain

Double click that service, and stop that service, then set its Startup type to disabled and save that

Close the Services utility and restart your PC . . .

DaveM121, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Sysmain Disable?

SYSMain service terminated

The SysMain service terminated with the following error:

The request is not supported.

Event ID: 7023

Source: Service Control Manager

Can anyone help me understand what this is and how i can fix it.

Stevenduartefreitas, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Sysmain Disable?

1. Sysmain Disable? - Similar Threads - Sysmain Disable

2. What is sysmain, and why does it sometimes use a bunch of CPU? Can I disable it, and what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is sysmain, and why does it sometimes use a bunch of CPU? Can I disable it, and what...: I know this doesn't seem like a lot but 10-15% is enough to make me worry about it and I've seen it cause way more problems on older computers of mine....
  3. What is sysmain, and why does it sometimes use a bunch of CPU? Can I disable it, and what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is sysmain, and why does it sometimes use a bunch of CPU? Can I disable it, and what...: I know this doesn't seem like a lot but 10-15% is enough to make me worry about it and I've seen it cause way more problems on older computers of mine....
  4. SysMain issue with 1 specific program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SysMain issue with 1 specific program: Dear Sirs, Recently for about a month or two I have had an issue with SysMain. I never knew of it before even though it was probably there but now have seen that something has changed. I have had a program for about half a year that initially ran fine no problems. In the past...
  5. SysMain issue with 1 specific program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SysMain issue with 1 specific program: Dear Sirs, Recently for about a month or two I have had an issue with SysMain. I never knew of it before even though it was probably there but now have seen that something has changed. I have had a program for about half a year that initially ran fine no problems. In the past...
  6. SysMain issue with 1 specific program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. SysMain getting worse- using more and more CPU without stopping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SysMain getting worse- using more and more CPU without stopping: Since my post last week, SysMain has gotten worse. Now, whenever my computer is on, SysMain will constantly eat CPU without stopping whatsoever. I know this isn’t normal.I get that the ‘best solution’ is to turn it off but I feel like doing that could either break my Windows...
  8. How to disable sysmain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable sysmain: The sysmain is causing problems to my pc. It leads to slow loading time and is very annoying. Sc stop sysmain does not work once restarted. I also tried changing value in registry from 3-0 but once in like 2-3 days the value gets resetted to 3 from 0. Pls help....
  9. Sysmain / superfetch disabled not working ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sysmain / superfetch disabled not working ?: I have 8 GB Ram and windows 10 pro 64 bit , i have disabled ram cache by disabled sysmain service and set starup to disabled , also disable it in registery files - memory managment - superfetch = 0. even after disabling it when i run windows in beginning ram usage is always...
  10. Is it better to dedicate to readyboost a 32gb sandisk or disable sysmain(superfetch) ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it better to dedicate to readyboost a 32gb sandisk or disable sysmain(superfetch) ?: Your posts must contain a body so here you go. submitted by /u/ACTIONIFY [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtugx8/is_it_better_to_dedicate_to_readyboost_a_32gb/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dont disable sysmain