Windows 10: Sysmain or Superfetch Help please

Discus and support Sysmain or Superfetch Help please in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I disabled Sysmain(previously known as superfetch) then I noticed when I try to copy data from my laptop to my phone via USB memory usage goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sumankr60, May 3, 2020.

1. Sysmain or Superfetch Help please

So I disabled Sysmain(previously known as superfetch) then I noticed when I try to copy data from my laptop to my phone via USB memory usage goes to 100% and freezes my laptop So I decided to enable it again Then it worked perfectly copying files was successful no spikes in memory usage or so But after 3-4 days when I was trying to copy files laptop to phone Now my memory usage goes up to 90% and disk usage goes to 100% which slow down the copying speed this time my laptop don't freeze but it takes more time to copy data . What's the problem here? Can anyone help me here?

submitted by /u/sumankr60
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sumankr60, May 3, 2020

2. superfetch

Hello Windows,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

IMO, Microsoft renamed it to SysMain in V1809 or later.

Earlier, SuperFetch was the service name and display name was SysMain. Now Microsoft changed the service name to SysMain.

So check for SysMain in Services snap-in, it should be available.

Hope this answers your query!

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 3, 2020
  3. Superfetch disable

Hello,

You can start/stop Superfetch service in administrative Command Prompt.

To start the service, run following command:

sc config “SysMain” start=auto & sc start “SysMain”

To stop the service, run following command:

sc stop "SysMain" & sc config "SysMain" start=disabled

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 3, 2020
  4. Phone Man Win User

Sysmain or Superfetch Help please

no superfetch service at 1809???

Looking at the properties of superfetch service in 1803 it shows the Service name is SysMain and the Display name is Superfetch. What does SysMain properties show in 1809. Did MS just change the Display name?

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Sysmain or Superfetch Help please

1. Sysmain or Superfetch Help please - Similar Threads - Sysmain Superfetch Help

2. Sysmain service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sysmain service: In Windows 10, a service called sysmain. I just re-enabled this service. This service has slowed down my computer too much. Should I disable it?What is the efficiency of this service ??...
  3. Servicehost: Sysmain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Servicehost: Sysmain: Hello, I just wanna make sure if this is okay or something weird. I was doing a checkup on my task manager to see if there was something new or weird. Just an usual checkup i do. But then i saw that my Servicehost: Sysmain, only uses 24-25MB RAM. Which i found pretty...
  4. Sysmain Disable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sysmain Disable?: Hello I'd looking for some advice, i'm running on win10 and have a HDD (cant afford a SSD atm) today i came on my pc to find that Sysmain(Superfetch) was running at 100%disk. I was googling a solution to it, and people say to disable it if its causing a hit to performance....
  5. Sysmain / superfetch disabled not working ?

Sysmain / superfetch disabled not working ?: I have 8 GB Ram and windows 10 pro 64 bit , i have disabled ram cache by disabled sysmain service and set starup to disabled , also disable it in registery files - memory managment - superfetch = 0. even after disabling it when i run windows in beginning ram usage is always...
  6. Is it better to dedicate to readyboost a 32gb sandisk or disable sysmain(superfetch) ?

Is it better to dedicate to readyboost a 32gb sandisk or disable sysmain(superfetch) ?: Your posts must contain a body so here you go. submitted by /u/ACTIONIFY [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtugx8/is_it_better_to_dedicate_to_readyboost_a_32gb/
  7. superfetch

superfetch: why not have this service installed superfetch in services.msc windows 10 pro 1809 pc config: i3 6100 3.7ghz 8g DDR4 240Gb ssd Radeon r7 2gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/superfetch/7390f108-6c04-49eb-b91e-5ddb4d699f35
  8. Superfetch disable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Superfetch disable: In Windows 10, v1809 Superfetch is no longer listed as a service. How can it be disabled - perhaps via the registry? Thanks. 124580
  9. Superfetch disable

Superfetch disable: In Windows 10, v1809 Superfetch is no longer listed as a service. How can it be disabled - perhaps via the registry? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/superfetch-disable/c69f1b35-3692-45a9-a34a-093f471b6ac3
  10. Superfetch on SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Superfetch on SSD: I bought a Samsung SSD, should I disable superfetch now ? 51436