Windows 10: Sysprep 1067 has Dead shortcuts (windows apps)

Discus and support Sysprep 1067 has Dead shortcuts (windows apps) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has anyone else seen that when sysprepping build 1067, the user you ran sysprep from has broken windows app shortcuts. Some do not have pictures and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vs2015sv, Aug 22, 2016.

1. vs2015sv Win User

Sysprep 1067 has Dead shortcuts (windows apps)

Has anyone else seen that when sysprepping build 1067, the user you ran sysprep from has broken windows app shortcuts.
    Some do not have pictures and when you click on the shortcut, the system does nothing.

I also niticed that after leaving the PC connected to the network for some time, under all apps > Other > I see a product ID for bingnews, but it does not open at all. It is a blank icon that just shows the MS product ID.

:)

vs2015sv, Aug 22, 2016
  2. JonW2016 Win User

Windows 10 Update breaks Sysprep?

I am attempting to image a Dell E7470 with Sysprep to upload to my WDS server.

When I run Sysprep /oobe / shutdown, it completes. However, without Generalize, I won't be able to upload it or deploy it.

When I run Sysprep /oobe /generalize / shutdown, it reports that a fatal error has occurred. The setupact.log lists that the Miracastview app cannot be removed.

I have attempted the Remove-appxpackage commands, but it states that it has been provisioned for the user but not all users. It says to attempt removal with Add / Remove Windows features, but it is not listed there.

I have tried the steps in

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...w-cause-sysprep-error-windows-10-version-1709

but none of this has worked either.

I guess the answer is to not run any Windows updates before Sysprep and avoid 1709? It appears to be bad news.

Anybody else encounter this? Any other solutions available?

JonW2016, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Apps after Sysprep

Good evening to all. Hopefully someone can help. I am using Windows 10 Pro 1607. After a sysprep, when the users log on, ALL the apps are gone. Before the sysprep, they are all there. I would like to keep, at the bare minimum, Store, Calculator, Photos,
    and Mail. Does anyone have tips that I could use b4 the sysprep or any first-run scripts that I could use to either re-install or keep the apps for ALL USERS?

Peter Bartholomew, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

Sysprep 1067 has Dead shortcuts (windows apps)

1. Sysprep 1067 has Dead shortcuts (windows apps) - Similar Threads - Sysprep 1067 has

2. Windows error 1067

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows error 1067: Right now I have a service I need to run on my laptop. It suddenly stopped and I tried to start it manually but it didn't work and I kept getting error 1067. I found a solution which was to go to services properties and log in which fixed it but now it stopped again. When I...
  3. Windows error 1067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows error 1067: Right now I have a service I need to run on my laptop. It suddenly stopped and I tried to start it manually but it didn't work and I kept getting error 1067. I found a solution which was to go to services properties and log in which fixed it but now it stopped again. When I...
  4. Chrome has installed shortcuts as apps in Add/Remove Programs. Some of these shortcuts/apps...

Chrome has installed shortcuts as apps in Add/Remove Programs. Some of these shortcuts/apps...: Most of these shortcuts/apps uninstalled, but some still remain. Right-clicking>uninstall is not removing them from the list. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-has-installed-shortcuts-as-apps-in/42336ff8-3142-4d0d-9faf-0401ab15b548
  5. Mini apps are dead.

Mini apps are dead.: Hello. Mini apps stopped working. When turned on, this appears and that's it. How to fix it? If I add a new category, for example games, it is displayed until I close the mini applications, then again this background and nothing loads. If important, I recently enabled...
  6. Dead App Shortcut Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead App Shortcut Icon: I uninstalled a program in Windows 11 but the App Icon still appears in the Start Menu. I won't let me uninstall it. It looks like it's just a dead Icon. I tried going to C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs but the program for this App is not listed. The App...
  7. Dead App Shortcut Icon

Dead App Shortcut Icon: I uninstalled a program in Windows 11 but the App Icon still appears in the Start Menu. I won't let me uninstall it. It looks like it's just a dead Icon. I tried going to C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs but the program for this App is not listed. The App...
  8. UpdateOrchestratormessed up, TS is dead (error 1067), Windows is dying

in Windows 10 Customization
    UpdateOrchestratormessed up, TS is dead (error 1067), Windows is dying: Hello! I have a big problem waiting for quick solution, but spendig hours over it did not produce any solution. I needed to disable Windows Update, so I opened Task Scheduler and deleted the triggers of all tasks in UpdateOrchestrator directory under Windows. It would be...
  9. CNN app for Windows is dead

CNN app for Windows is dead: Used to use it quite often. Noticed it has been dead for about a week or so then started searching to see what's going on. This is what I found: http://www.windowscentral.com/cnn-re...ne-app-july-18 Another app gone from the already pathetic Windows Store... 56968
  10. Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash: Hi Everyone, I'm from France (sorry my English) I'm installing Windows 10 on new computer for my organization . I try to configurate one with fresh install (package of apps like Libreoffice, VLC, etc. for users) and custom desktop describes in this tutorial: Default...