Windows 10: Sysprep - certain scenarios fail, how to get logs?

Discus and support Sysprep - certain scenarios fail, how to get logs? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi geeks. Background: Certain scenarios which have worked for all Windows versions from Vista to Windows 10 Build 9860 do not work in Build 9879.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kari, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Kari Win User

Sysprep - certain scenarios fail, how to get logs?

Hi geeks.

Background:
    Certain scenarios which have worked for all Windows versions from Vista to Windows 10 Build 9860 do not work in Build 9879. One example is Shell-Setup > FolderLocations which worked perfectly in build 9860 but fails absolutely every time in build 9879.

Rebooting after Sysprep brings me here:

Sysprep - certain scenarios fail, how to get logs? [​IMG]

No error message, just empty dialog although it clearly is an error (setup freezes, does not continue).

Hitting Enter Windows reboots to this:

Problem description:
    I am quite experienced Sysprep user and know how to read and interpret sysprep logs. When I now boot to recovery options I can see that the folder was created as told in answer file (D:\Profiles instead of C:\Users) and the fail happens only after a successful creation of the folder, indicating that the answer file had no errors:

I now copy the \Windows\Panther folder content and \Windows\System32\Sysprep folder content to D: which is a separate drive:

Shutdown, connect the drive with these log files I copied to another computer and open each log, only to see they are either empty or do not contain any errors.

I think the reboot after the first error message, that empty dialog (first screenshot above) somehow has already reset the logs. Any ideas how I could access the correct logs in order to find what caused Sysprep to fail?

Any comments and ideas welcome.

:)

2. Disable or delete Micracast Software

This didn't answer the question...how do you REMOVE it from Win10...I must do this because sysprep is failing because miracast is not published for all users. It's the same issue with Xerox Print Experience app. Sysprep fails. Can you address that, please?

Brian

Brian_McQuaig, Nov 22, 2014
  3. sysprep does show at commandline

can some tell me how to start\get the sysprep command? I get the error message sysprep is not recognized ad internal or external command

blockheadatc, Nov 22, 2014
Thema:

Sysprep - certain scenarios fail, how to get logs?

1. Sysprep - certain scenarios fail, how to get logs? - Similar Threads - Sysprep certain scenarios

2. Windows acting as UP key is stuck but only in certain scenarios.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows acting as UP key is stuck but only in certain scenarios.: Hey!So basically after a windows update the other day, my PC is acting as if the UP key is stuck, however [important note] it does not do it when I use any apps, using Chrome or when I'm browsing folders on the PC. It only does it when I'm trying to use the menu bar, when I...
  3. Windows acting as UP key is stuck but only in certain scenarios.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows acting as UP key is stuck but only in certain scenarios.: Hey!So basically after a windows update the other day, my PC is acting as if the UP key is stuck, however [important note] it does not do it when I use any apps, using Chrome or when I'm browsing folders on the PC. It only does it when I'm trying to use the menu bar, when I...
  4. Windows acting as UP key is stuck but only in certain scenarios.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to Use Sysprep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Use Sysprep?: I would like a guided information of how to use Sysprep to install drivers and change settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-sysprep/b62e8696-1941-4c36-9c89-096403493490
  6. Will Sysprep clear the audit logs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Sysprep clear the audit logs: Hi,I wanted a confirmation on, Does shut downing instance with sysprep clear the audit logs generating windows event id 1102Regards,Anjani CM* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  7. Sysprep error - active scenario

Sysprep error - active scenario: The PC came with Win7Pro OEM from the factory. I performed a clean install of Win10Pro 1903 and it activated itself. I let Windows update itself and I installed a couple of freeware applications. I did not install/uninstall any apps. I'm trying to sysprep the PC so that I...
  8. Sysprep error - active scenario

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep error - active scenario: The PC came with Win7Pro OEM from the factory. I performed a clean install of Win10Pro 1903 and it activated itself. I let Windows update itself and I installed a couple of freeware applications. I did not install/uninstall any apps. I'm trying to sysprep the PC so that I...
  9. Sysprep fails

Sysprep fails: I can't sysprep the pc. setupact.log gives : SYSPRP Package Microsoft.LanguageExperiencePacknl-NL_18362.9.23.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. This package will not function properly in the sysprep image. How can I...
  10. Driver Auto Load Fail with sysprep

Driver Auto Load Fail with sysprep: Greetings all, I am working on creating a new master image to deploy windows 10 64 to a new of different models throughout our organization. Currently I am having difficulties getting the drivers to be "auto Detected" The Sysprep command I am using is : sysprep...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get logs when installation fails

2. where do you find the log files for a sysprep fail

3. how to get log for sysprep