Windows 10: Sysprep copyprofile fails on creators update

Discus and support Sysprep copyprofile fails on creators update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im having an issue ONCE AGAIN with getting the copyprofile feature to work with the latest creators update. I did a clean install of windows 10 1703... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by afdude08, Aug 22, 2017.

1. afdude08 Win User

Sysprep copyprofile fails on creators update

Im having an issue ONCE AGAIN with getting the copyprofile feature to work with the latest creators update. I did a clean install of windows 10 1703 pro x64. I boot into audit mode and installed my programs and applications and did all of Windows updates. From there I used the most recent adk of Windows 10 and created an unattend.xml file and saved it to my H Drive. I stopped the user tile service and then from the admin command propmpt i typed in sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:H:\Unattend.xml sysprep seem to run normal and everything went fine it shut down perfectly but when I restarted and after it found my devices and it began to setup your user Locale settings (keyboard layout, time zone etc.) And I clicked on next it gave me an error with a :-( saying why did my PC restart? A continuously reboots to the screen and I'm not exactly sure why I have racked my brain through TechNet and on here and I have yet to find a solution. Kari can you help me or anyone? Thanks so much

:)

afdude08, Aug 22, 2017

2. Internet Explorer hangs running ActiveX scripting after sysprep

This solution worked for me:

• Don't use COPYPROFILE in unattend-XML answerfile

Using COPYPROFILE causes the IE problem
    • Delete all user accounts except Administrator before sysprep

Otherwise sysprep may fail with errors saying "... application xy installed but not provisioned for all users ..." if any appx-update comes in while you are working on the image
    After Startup and entering sysprep Audit-Mode,
    immediately go to local user management and check, if account Administrator
    is deactivated - if so, activate it.

Richard

RichardP63, Aug 22, 2017
  3. DewgZom Win User
    Modify Edge Settings in Audit Mode

While setting up an image for Windows 10 Pro, while in Audit Mode, you cannot make changes to Edge. I'd like to be able to setup various settings (home page, pop up blocker, Home button, etc.) that will be set for every user via copyprofile in sysprep.
    IE11 can be setup this way, but Edge doesn't work in Audit Mode.

How do you make changes to Edge while in Audit Mode before sysprep/image creation?

DewgZom, Aug 22, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

It's most probably because of you stopping a Windows service before sysprepping. Using group policies is OK, stopping services not very kosher, it might lead to various issues.

Please post your answer file here placing it in CODE tags (
    Code:
    Your answer file here
    ), to see if there are any obvious errors. Do not forget to replace any personal information, product keys and such in answer file with bunch of Xs and Ys before posting it!

5. afdude08 Win User
    ( Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>-<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">-<settings pass="specialize">-<component language="neutral" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" versionScope="nonSxS" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" processorArchitecture="amd64" name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup"><CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile></component></settings><cpiSysprep copyprofile fails on creators update :eek:fflineImage xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" cpi:source="wim:c:/users/administrator/desktop/install.wim#Windows 10 Pro"/></unattend>[/quote] )

afdude08, Aug 22, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    That is unreadable, shown as one single line.

Please open your answer file in Notepad, press CTRL + A to select all text. Start a new post here, type
    Code:
     and press [b]CTRL + V [/b]to paste the text copied from Notepad.

Go to end of the post, first empty line after the pasted text, and type 
    , post it.

7. afdude08 Win User
    Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> -<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> -<settings pass="specialize"> -<component language="neutral" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" versionScope="nonSxS" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" processorArchitecture="amd64" name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup"> <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile> </component> </settings> <cpiSysprep copyprofile fails on creators update :eek:fflineImage xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" cpi:source="wim:c:/users/administrator/desktop/install.wim#Windows 10 Pro"/> </unattend>[/quote]

afdude08, Aug 22, 2017
  8. Kari Win User

A quick look shows that your answer file is not valid.
    • Lines 2 through 4 start with a hyphen. That is not correct, hyphens must be removed
    • Line 4 is missing the name of the component (Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup). This is required information, can't be left out
    • Line 4 is missing processor architecture information, in your case amd64. This is required information, can't be left out
    Correct line 4 should be as follows:
    Code: <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">[/quote]

9. afdude08 Win User
    WOW, I can't understand how that hyphen got in there! I used the Windows SIM to create it. hmm well i will definitely try this out. *Smile Thank you so much Kari, you are THE best! *hugs*

afdude08, Aug 22, 2017
  10. afdude08 Win User
    WOW, I can't understand how that hyphen got in there! I used the Windows SIM to create it. hmm well i will definitely try this out. *Smile Thank you so much Kari, you are THE best! *hugs* Also want to add that I was using edge to copy and paste the xml file. That was what made it not work. im a dummy Sysprep copyprofile fails on creators update :p

afdude08, Aug 22, 2017
  11. afdude08 Win User
    I am posting the setupact.log in the panther folder. What is going wrong?

afdude08, Aug 22, 2017
  12. afdude08 Win User
    Kari I just realized something that might be causing an issue. in my group policies I clicked on block Microsoft accounts. Would that have anything to do with sysprep failing

afdude08, Aug 22, 2017
  13. Kari Win User

No, that should be OK.

I went through your log file, there is not a single error on it. I am sorry but I have to say I have not a faintest clue why it does not work for you.

You might want to test this on a virtual machine. Install Windows on VM, boot to Audit Mode, customize as you wish, run Sysprep. If VM then boots normally to OOBE, you'll at least know that the issue is hardware related.

14. afdude08 Win User
    Its a dell 3620 that we have. Im not sure whats causing the issue. I just sysprepped without using a copyprofile unnatend.xml file and it sysprepped just fine. Just sucks i cant figure out why copyprofile is breaking the system

afdude08, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sysprep copyprofile fails on creators update - Similar Threads - Sysprep copyprofile fails

2. Problems with CopyProfile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with CopyProfile: Hi, I'm trying to capture and deploy a custom Windows 10 64-bit Education 1903 (build 18362.449) image for a client and, amongst others, have followed some of the brilliant guides on this forum. I've succeeded in building the reference computer and an autounattend.xml file...
  3. Sysprep fails

Sysprep fails: I can't sysprep the pc. setupact.log gives : SYSPRP Package Microsoft.LanguageExperiencePacknl-NL_18362.9.23.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. This package will not function properly in the sysprep image. How can I...
  4. CopyProfile Fails on Windows 10 1803

CopyProfile Fails on Windows 10 1803: I have a dilemma, when I just run sysprep on my machine, it works fine, but when I use my unattend.xml file, it always fails. I am no sure what is going on. I've come to ask the pros on this site if you can help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I have attached the Panther...
  5. CopyProfile on existing computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    CopyProfile on existing computer: I have a coworker setting up now computers and the boss wants her to leave the OEM OS on them. The only thing is, there are customizations that need to be a part of the default profile. I do the imaging here and use CopyProfile then capture the image. How can she do this on...
  6. Another Creators Update Failed Person

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Another Creators Update Failed Person: I tried using creators update through windows update assistant= FAIL a) can't remember what happened I tried updating using media creation tool on USB= FAIL a) It installs to 100% says computer will restart but then it exits program and says "Windows Installation Failed"...
  7. creators update failed to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creators update failed to install: all the waiting and delaying, and just today decided to go ahead with update. now it failed to install. why didn't it go through hmm [img] 92770
  8. Creator update failing

Creator update failing: My creator's update is failing with the following error:- 0x800700A1 - 0x20007 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_DRIVERS operation. What should i do? I have a lenovo yoga book and i am installing the update via a USB drive. 97765
  9. Fall Creators Update fails to install

Fall Creators Update fails to install: Attempted from 16299.15 ISO. Suspect something to do with AMD 17.7.2 driver (latest for this system) since it aborts at 33%. [img] Edit: Today I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 16299.15 on a unused partition. It installed with any issues and Windows 10...
  10. Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile

in Windows 10 Support
    Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile: I am trying to prepare my image for deployment using the latest Windows 10 release (15063.250) and the search / Cortana feature seems to break after using the copyprofile flag in my unattend.xml file. I have searched this and seen it was an issue in past releases. Is this a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysprep copyprofile fail date