Windows 10: sysprep created new admin folder

Discus and support sysprep created new admin folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I saw this problem in a very old post on this forum. I accidentally Fragged my computer after several years of no problems. I unintentionally ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 10x10, Jun 16, 2020.

1. 10x10 Win User

sysprep created new admin folder

I saw this problem in a very old post on this forum. I accidentally Fragged my computer after several years of no problems. I unintentionally ran sysprep. Now I have 2 admin user folders. The original Alan and the new one alanw. Can't restore from older image. The new alanw account shows in properties as Desktop-03HDQQ9. All folders Drive security settings are greyed out and I can't make any changes. I've tried everything I could find on this and I'm out of ideas. Please Help.

:)

10x10, Jun 16, 2020

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 16, 2020
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jun 16, 2020
  4. sysprep created new admin folder

Unable to create a new folder or rename a folder

Hi Edver,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that you may not be able to rename or add a new folder from Quick access. It will allow you to open the folders that are frequently used, recently viewed files or the files/folders that are added to
    Quick access.

If you are unable to create or rename files/folders in other folders as well, then I would suggest you to run a SFC scan.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

sysprep created new admin folder

1. sysprep created new admin folder - Similar Threads - sysprep created admin

2. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  3. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  4. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  6. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  7. Can't create new folder without admin rights

Can't create new folder without admin rights: On my h drive i cant create a folder without admin rights when i try to create new folder and click on new it shows this [IMG] How to fix .this is on my h disc when i try to copy a file from my phone it shows this [IMG] This not my c drive this is"h" drive there was no...
  8. sysprep created new admin folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    sysprep created new admin folder: I saw this problem in a very old post on this forum. I accidentally Fragged my computer after several years of no problems. I unintentionally ran sysprep. Now I have 2 admin user folders. The original Alan and the new one alanw. Can't restore from older image. The new alanw...
  9. CREATING A NEW FOLDER

CREATING A NEW FOLDER: I am unable to create a new folder on any of drives using Windows 10 anyone had this issue or know a fix for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder/258c0742-8a52-4391-bad5-5f9bb36ca7a0"
  10. create new folder

create new folder: I cant create a new folder in windows 10 in my pictures. how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-folder/cbc88120-c637-451f-9adf-def7e54748fa"