Windows 10: Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying

Discus and support Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone! For the past couple days, I've been trying to create a (new) custom Windows 10 Image. Everything's been going great so far, with using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by edmonddantes182, May 27, 2021.

1. Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying

Hey everyone! For the past couple days, I've been trying to create a (new) custom Windows 10 Image. Everything's been going great so far, with using Audit Mode, installing all the applications, creating the WinPE ISO and deploying the .WIM file. Everything applies without any issues, with the custom taskbar I setup while in Audit Mode being the only thing that's not applying. While creating the image, after pinning the apps I wanted to the taskbar (Google Chrome, Microsoft Teams, and Outlook), I ran the "Export-StartLayout 'Path To Location'" command and than opened the file in Notepad++ and added the required Taskbar lines of code, as I got from Microsoft's site - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ows-10-taskbar, including the "-DesktopApplicationLinkPath" to the taskbar links. I than copied the XML file to "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Shell" as I saw in a video that having the XML file in the default profile will copy the taskbar settings (Link - Customize the Win10 Start Menu - YouTube) However, when I create a new user profile (i.e.; "Test") and I sign into that account, the taskbar icons are still the default Windows ones, not my custom one. I've also attached my XML file below just in-case it helps, although I had to change it to .txt to upload it, with the "Taskbar Layout" section being at the very bottom If anyone has any advice/tips, please feel free to respond Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying :) Thanks! Windows Version: 2004 (Windows 10 Pro)

:)

edmonddantes182, May 27, 2021
  2. Janothin Win User

Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half way along with the taskbar settings not sticking.

Any suggestions will be great!

Janothin, May 27, 2021
  3. bro67 Win User
    Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Start10 is not Freeware, Classicshell code has been released so that others can continue to develop it on their own. Suggest looking on microsoft.com for how to modify the layout xml file. You can either develop a solution on your own using the Classicshell code, pay for Start10 or use the info at microsoft.com to do the xml coding for the layout.

bro67, May 27, 2021
  4. nugen Win User

Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying

Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep  

Thank you! *Biggrin

nugen, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying

1. Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying - Similar Threads - Sysprep Custom Taskbar

2. Taskbar Menu export XML file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Menu export XML file: I tried to search for the XML file and I do not see an OEM folder or Dell which is the OEM? C:\Windows\OEM\TaskbarLayoutModification.xmlI would like to customize the task bar and use that xml file to used either in local group policy or from main GPO to be applied to virtual...
  3. Taskbar Menu export XML file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Menu export XML file: I tried to search for the XML file and I do not see an OEM folder or Dell which is the OEM? C:\Windows\OEM\TaskbarLayoutModification.xmlI would like to customize the task bar and use that xml file to used either in local group policy or from main GPO to be applied to virtual...
  4. Taskbar Menu export XML file

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar

Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar: I'm in the middle of customizing my PC and I tried to apply some custom .ico files to my pinned taskbar shortcuts by following this guide: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/change-taskbar-icons-programs-windows-10/ and only 2 of the icons the first and last are applying custom...
  6. Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...

Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...: Hello, I'm Creating a Standard windows Desktop for the computers in my company, so I want to Import a custom Start Menu, and Taskbar along with some group policies. So it's rather easy to deploy a Custom Start Menu and Taskbar, I'm Looking for a rather Clean one, here's my...
  7. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Start Menu and Taskbar customization: Hi everyone, Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half...
  8. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Start Menu and Taskbar customization: Hi everyone, Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half...
  9. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Support
  10. Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing: Right click empty part of taskbar, go to "properties". I have 3 tabs. Taskbar, navigation, and toolbars. According to several sites I have read, I should also have a "start menu" tab with a "customization" button to change some things on the left side of the start menu, and...