Windows 10: Sysprep error - active scenario

Discus and support Sysprep error - active scenario in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The PC came with Win7Pro OEM from the factory. I performed a clean install of Win10Pro 1903 and it activated itself. I let Windows update itself and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffshead, Oct 4, 2019.

1. jeffshead Win User

Sysprep error - active scenario

The PC came with Win7Pro OEM from the factory. I performed a clean install of Win10Pro 1903 and it activated itself. I let Windows update itself and I installed a couple of freeware applications. I did not install/uninstall any apps.

I'm trying to sysprep the PC so that I can transfer ownership. I just want to remove the current account and files associated with it and have the new owner be presented with OOBE when they boot the PC. I want to keep the applications I installed so I do not want sysprep to totally wipe the HDD.

I ran the following command but sysprep failed:
    Code:

Error log:

Code:
    Some have recommended deleting the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Update" key but it does not exist on this PC.

:)

jeffshead, Oct 4, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User

SysPrep Advice

Hi Joseph,

The topic that you raised is beyond the scope of support for this site which focuses more on home and personal end users. Here's what I found about SysPrep:

However these are old articles and the process may have been changed already. You may re-post this question in

TechNet Forums
    for further assistance.

All the best.

John Ado, Oct 4, 2019
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Sysprep error - active scenario - Similar Threads - Sysprep error active

2. Windows 11 Sysprep ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Sysprep ERROR: Hello, all i want to make windows 11 sysprep with unattend.xml from audit mode but i get ERROR here is setupact2024-02-04 10:33:42, Info SYSPRP ======================================================== 2024-02-04 10:33:42, Info SYSPRP === Beginning of a new sysprep run ===...
  3. Windows 11 Sysprep ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Sysprep ERROR: Hello, all i want to make windows 11 sysprep with unattend.xml from audit mode but i get ERROR here is setupact2024-02-04 10:33:42, Info SYSPRP ======================================================== 2024-02-04 10:33:42, Info SYSPRP === Beginning of a new sysprep run ===...
  4. Unable to activate windows after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to activate windows after Sysprep: I was creating a new image from scratch. Clean windows install, added various programs I needed on these machines. Sysprep and took an image, after enabling admin account and putting on the domain I am unable to put the windows key in. When I do I am getting: "Unable to...
  5. Sysprep error - active scenario

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep error - active scenario: The PC came with Win7Pro OEM from the factory. I performed a clean install of Win10Pro 1903 and it activated itself. I let Windows update itself and I installed a couple of freeware applications. I did not install/uninstall any apps. I'm trying to sysprep the PC so that I...
  6. Sysprep Errors on 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sysprep Errors on 1809: I'm building a virtual machine (VM) to be sysprep'd and captured as a base image. Currently our organization uses LTSB and have not historically had to deal with Windows Store Apps but LTSB is changing in the coming year and moving to a Professional/Enterprise build makes...
  7. How do I activate Windows 10 in this scenario

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I activate Windows 10 in this scenario: Quite a few years ago I purchased a retail Windows 7 - I still have the media and product key for this. When Windows 10 was introduced I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10. That upgrade process issued me with a new Product Key which allowed my new Windows 10...
  8. Sysprep Error - Cannot run sysprep

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sysprep Error - Cannot run sysprep: Hello, I wondered if someone has any ideas.* I'm trying to do a sysprep but I keep getting the error below. Code: 2018-05-29 15:53:09, Error SYSPRP Package 7EE7776C.LinkedInforWindows_2.1.2639.0_neutral__w1wdnht996qgy was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all...
  9. Sysprep - certain scenarios fail, how to get logs?

Sysprep - certain scenarios fail, how to get logs?: Hi geeks. Background: Certain scenarios which have worked for all Windows versions from Vista to Windows 10 Build 9860 do not work in Build 9879. One example is Shell-Setup > FolderLocations which worked perfectly in build 9860 but fails absolutely every time in build...
  10. Sysprep errors

Sysprep errors: I'm using an upgraded version of Windows 10, and I'm trying to do a sysprep on it. I've already completed the registry changes needed, but I'm still getting errors. If I could get some help on figuring out what needs to be done to fix it, that would be great. Here is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysprep_clean_validate_opk: audit mode cant be turned on if there is an active scenario.; hr = 0x800f0975

2. SYSPRP Sysprep_Clean_Validate_Opk: Audit mode cant be turned on if there is an active scenario.; hr = 0x800F0975

3. audit mode cant be turned on if there is an active scenario

4. Sysprep_Clean_Validate_Opk: Audit mode cant be turned on if there is an active scenario,
  5. SYSPRP Sysprep_Clean_Validate_Opk: Audit mode cant be turned on if there is an active scenario.; hr = 0x800F0975,
  6. sysprep_clean_validate_opk: audit mode cant be turned on if there is an active scenario.; hr = 0x80,
  7. sysprep audit mode cant be turned on if there is an active scenario.,
  8. audit mode cant turned on if there is an active scenario,
  9. sysprep error active scenario,
  10. hr = 0x800f0975,
  11. active scenario sysprep,
  12. sysprep active scenario,
  13. error in validating actions from c:\windows\system32\sysprep\actionfiles\cleanup.xml; dwret = 0x975,
  14. 0x800f0975 1903,
  15. 0x800f0975