Windows 10: sysprep errors after removing windows 10 apps

Discus and support sysprep errors after removing windows 10 apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I removed some win 10 apps before using sysprep to generalize my image and now i'm having errors when i try to generalize with sysprep. the apps i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by edcaron, Jul 25, 2017.

1. edcaron Win User

sysprep errors after removing windows 10 apps

I removed some win 10 apps before using sysprep to generalize my image and now i'm having errors when i try to generalize with sysprep.

the apps i removed using:
    Code: #To remove Feedback Hub app from all current accounts on PC Get-appxpackage -allusers *WindowsFeedbackHub* | Remove-AppxPackage #To only remove Feedback Hub app from new accounts created afterwards Get-appxprovisionedpackage -online | where-object {$_.packagename -like "*WindowsFeedbackHub*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage -online #(To remove Get Office app from all current accounts on PC) Get-appxpackage -allusers *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage #(To only remove Get Office app from new accounts created afterwards) Get-appxprovisionedpackage -online | where-object {$_.packagename -like "*officehub*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage -online #solitaire Get-appxpackage -allusers *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage Get-appxprovisionedpackage -online | where-object {$_.packagename -like "*solitairecollection*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage -online #skype Get-appxpackage -allusers *SkypeApp* | Remove-AppxPackage Get-appxprovisionedpackage -online | where-object {$_.packagename -like "*SkypeApp*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage -online #xbox Get-appxpackage -allusers *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage Get-appxprovisionedpackage -online | where-object {$_.packagename -like "*xboxapp*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage -online[/quote] now sysprep gives me these errors:
    Code: 2017-07-26 11:11:10, Error SYSPRP Package Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_17.8010.5926.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. This package will not function properly in the sysprep image. 2017-07-26 11:11:10, Error SYSPRP Failed to remove apps for the current user: 0x80073cf2. 2017-07-26 11:11:10, Error SYSPRP Exit code of RemoveAllApps thread was 0x3cf2. 2017-07-26 11:11:10, Error [0x0f0082] SYSPRP ActionPlatform::LaunchModule: Failure occurred while executing 'SysprepGeneralizeValidate' from C:\Windows\System32\AppxSysprep.dll; dwRet = 0x3cf2 2017-07-26 11:11:10, Error SYSPRP SysprepSession::Validate: Error in validating actions from C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\ActionFiles\Generalize.xml; dwRet = 0x3cf2 2017-07-26 11:11:10, Error SYSPRP RunPlatformActions:Failed while validating SysprepSession actions; dwRet = 0x3cf2 2017-07-26 11:11:10, Error [0x0f0070] SYSPRP RunExternalDlls:An error occurred while running registry sysprep DLLs, halting sysprep execution. dwRet = 0x3cf2 2017-07-26 11:11:10, Error [0x0f00d8] SYSPRP WinMain:Hit failure while pre-validate sysprep generalize internal providers; hr = 0x80073cf2[/quote] Now, how do i reinstall these apps or make windows 'ignore' the fact that they're not installed when i use sysprep?

:)

edcaron, Jul 25, 2017
  2. JonW2016 Win User

Windows 10 Update breaks Sysprep?

I am attempting to image a Dell E7470 with Sysprep to upload to my WDS server.

When I run Sysprep /oobe / shutdown, it completes. However, without Generalize, I won't be able to upload it or deploy it.

When I run Sysprep /oobe /generalize / shutdown, it reports that a fatal error has occurred. The setupact.log lists that the Miracastview app cannot be removed.

I have attempted the Remove-appxpackage commands, but it states that it has been provisioned for the user but not all users. It says to attempt removal with Add / Remove Windows features, but it is not listed there.

I have tried the steps in

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...w-cause-sysprep-error-windows-10-version-1709

but none of this has worked either.

I guess the answer is to not run any Windows updates before Sysprep and avoid 1709? It appears to be bad news.

Anybody else encounter this? Any other solutions available?

JonW2016, Jul 25, 2017
  3. auswinng. Win User
    Windows 10 Pro: can not sysprep windows 10 Pro ver. 1709 "error SYSPRP Package CortanaListenUIApp_10.0.15063.0_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy"

I will deploy windows 10 go to client NB of customer, and before deploy I sysprep windows but it has issue error show to subject above.

- master NB and client NB is HP 840 G4 i7, ram 8GB, hdd 500GB, install windows 10 pro ver.1709(start windows 10 pro ver. 1703 then

use windows update to ver. 1709).

when I sysprep windows and it fail is. >>>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018-01-24 02:07:38, Error SYSPRP Package CortanaListenUIApp_10.0.15063.0_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. This package will not function properly in the sysprep image.

2018-01-24 02:07:38, Error SYSPRP Failed to remove apps for the current user: 0x80073cf2.

2018-01-24 02:07:38, Error SYSPRP Exit code of RemoveAllApps thread was 0x3cf2.

2018-01-24 02:07:38, Error SYSPRP ActionPlatform::LaunchModule: Failure occurred while executing 'SysprepGeneralizeValidate' from C:\Windows\System32\AppxSysprep.dll; dwRet = 0x3cf2

2018-01-24 02:07:38, Error SYSPRP SysprepSession::Validate: Error in validating actions from C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\ActionFiles\Generalize.xml; dwRet = 0x3cf2

2018-01-24 02:07:38, Error SYSPRP RunPlatformActions:Failed while validating Sysprep session actions; dwRet = 0x3cf2

2018-01-24 02:07:38, Error [0x0f0070] SYSPRP RunExternalDlls:An error occurred while running registry sysprep DLLs, halting sysprep execution. dwRet = 0x3cf2

2018-01-24 02:07:38, Error [0x0f00d8] SYSPRP WinMain:Hit failure while pre-validate sysprep generalize internal providers; hr = 0x80073cf2

2018-01-24 02:07:55, Info [0x0f0052] SYSPRP Shutting down SysPrep log

2018-01-24 02:07:55, Info [0x0f004d] SYSPRP The time is now 2018-01-24 02:07:55

==================================================

after I use windows power shell for remove this package then it shows: >>>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS C:\Users\Administrator> remove-paaxpackage -Package CortanaListenUIApp_10.0.15063.0_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy

remove-paaxpackage : The term 'remove-paaxpackage' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file,

or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and

try again.

At line:1 char:1

+ remove-paaxpackage -Package CortanaListenUIApp_10.0.15063.0_neutral__ ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (remove-paaxpackage:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
    ==================================================

From this issue, so I want to windows support team help and suggest the resolving because

I will work this project to my customer successfully. Please let's me know.

Thank you so much for your help.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Cortana & search

auswinng., Jul 25, 2017
  4. edcaron Win User

no solution, started modifying from the beginning

edcaron, Aug 30, 2017
Thema:

1. sysprep errors after removing windows 10 apps - Similar Threads - sysprep errors removing

2. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  3. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  4. Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal: I'm just starting to look at creating an image of Windows 11 for deployment and I've noticed an odd issue. I haven't thoroughly tested this yet, but at the moment I believe that going from Audit Mode to OOBE with generalize seems to remove the Windows Terminal app if the...
  5. Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal: I'm just starting to look at creating an image of Windows 11 for deployment and I've noticed an odd issue. I haven't thoroughly tested this yet, but at the moment I believe that going from Audit Mode to OOBE with generalize seems to remove the Windows Terminal app if the...
  6. Windows 10 - Sysprep - Unable to use new account after sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Sysprep - Unable to use new account after sysprep: Hi everyone, I am an imaging/sysprep noob and would like some advice. I have been trying to create an image for a network that will use multiple accounts. I edit the Admin profile in audit mode and add everything I'll need and create the image through WinPE. After I push...
  7. Sysprep Error - Cannot run sysprep

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sysprep Error - Cannot run sysprep: Hello, I wondered if someone has any ideas.* I'm trying to do a sysprep but I keep getting the error below. Code: 2018-05-29 15:53:09, Error SYSPRP Package 7EE7776C.LinkedInforWindows_2.1.2639.0_neutral__w1wdnht996qgy was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all...
  8. Error message after generalized sysprep

Error message after generalized sysprep: I have 2 exactly the same configured Windows installations, both 32bit and 64bit. These Windows installations are referring to other other drives for specific settings, such as: * The users folder is redirected to the `U:\Users` drive * Some programs are installed on the...
  9. Error after booting a VM after Sysprep

Error after booting a VM after Sysprep: Howdy, So we're trying to get our first Win10 VM up and running. I downloaded the latest ISo from the Volume License site and installed it on a VM just fine. I ran all Windows Updates as well. After that I ran Sysprep and choose OOBE, Generalize, and Shutdown. I then...
  10. Sysprep errors

Sysprep errors: I'm using an upgraded version of Windows 10, and I'm trying to do a sysprep on it. I've already completed the registry changes needed, but I'm still getting errors. If I could get some help on figuring out what needs to be done to fix it, that would be great. Here is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove fitbit coach windows 10 sysprep

2. sysprep failing on removing fitbit coach

3. removed an app but still getting sysprep error

4. remove fitbit package windows 10 sysprep,
  5. fitbit coach error sysprep,
  6. fitbit windows app causing sysprep error