Windows 10: SYSPREP issues

Discus and support SYSPREP issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues i am, after (apparently successfully) SYSPREPping a Windows 10 (clean) installation,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by x3mgroup, Mar 19, 2015.

1. x3mgroup Win User

SYSPREP issues

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues i am, after (apparently successfully) SYSPREPping a Windows 10 (clean) installation, and restarting it?

BTW: i have used a very simple autoanswer file:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
    <settings pass="specialize">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>
    </component>
    </settings>
    </unattend>

I manage to find an event just before it reboot:

The process C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe (WIN-7QI8VNFK7GM) has initiated the restart of computer WIN-4EO069BGM83 on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Upgrade (Planned)
    Reason Code: 0x80020003
    Shutdown Type: restart

I am wondering why it's thinking it is an UPGRADE?

Thanx for any help provided with this probem.

:)

x3mgroup, Mar 19, 2015

2. Sysprep Issues

I bought an Acer laptop recently (not even one week time) and I ran the sysprep hopefully to solve some driver issues, the laptop is pre-installed with Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1511 and I have updated to version 1607. I ran sysprep.exe under
    the Windows folder, selected oobe, generalize, reboot and the laptop keeps restarting without entering the the system. Till the time I post this, the laptop is already been restarting and restarting about 19'hours with the Acer logo and the white dots loop.

1. How can I stop this?

2. Is it normal for taking so long time to keep restarting without anything happen?

Help me!!

RaymondLiew, Mar 19, 2015
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Sysprep Issues

Hello Raymond,

To resolve the issue with System Preparation tool, we recommend performing System File Checker tool and Deployment Image Servicing and Management to repair missing or corrupted system files. You may check ZigZag3143 post

here
    for the detailed steps performing SFC and DISM.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Mar 19, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

SYSPREP issues

All my tests with 10041 Sysprep have failed if CopyProfile is set to True. Did you finally manage to get it working?

5. Mystere Win User
    What is the problem? Is this an Error, a warning, informational?

When you shut down Windows, there is an option of specifying a "reason code". In server versions of Windows, you are required to give this reason when shutting down. In desktop versions this reason is optional... However, Sysprep, when it schedules the shutdown simply gives the reason code of "OS upgrade". It's just how it was programmed.

This is not a problem, so unless you have some other issue you're getting concerned about something that is normal.

Mystere, Mar 20, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    I am not sure if this is the case, but in my tests the CopyProfile=True setting in answer file cases exactly the behavior OP tells about: After Sysprep, Windows reboots to OOBE. These three dialogs will then be shown, one after the other:

SYSPREP issues [​IMG]

SYSPREP issues [​IMG]

SYSPREP issues [​IMG]

After this, Windows tells Checking for connection, then suddenly reboots and the above told cycle starts from beginning, the blue background dialog asking about country and language.

It's an endless reboot loop. Sysprepping with an answer file without the CopyProfile tags completes the OOBE boot normally and finally enters the desktop.

7. x3mgroup Win User
    Hi Kari,

Thanx your reply, and for acknowledging this issues. Also much appreciated that you added some more details - like the screenshots, this exactly the same thing i am experiencing!

Mystere thank you also for your explanation, but i already knew that.

Kari i will try a SYSPREP without the answer file (so no copyprofile) and await the result, I'll be back shortly to report my findings!

Cheers

x3mgroup, Mar 20, 2015
  8. Kari Win User

SYSPREP issues

Sysprep works with some workarounds in 10041, I have booted my test rig at least 50 times to Audit Mode and sysprepped with various answer files since Wednesday when 10041 was released and I created the ISO for clean install.

Everything else seems to be working, whatever settings I set in answer files, it's just this Copyprofile which does not work whatever I try.

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SYSPREP issues

1. SYSPREP issues - Similar Threads - SYSPREP issues

2. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044: Hello everyone, I'm trying to run sysprep on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044. I installed OS from ISO and before to connecting the PC to the network, I modified the 3 registry keys in orde to avoid the Windows Store apps update which were causing problems during the...
  3. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044: Hello everyone, I'm trying to run sysprep on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044. I installed OS from ISO and before to connecting the PC to the network, I modified the 3 registry keys in orde to avoid the Windows Store apps update which were causing problems during the...
  4. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  7. SysPrep Win10 2004 Symbolic Link Issues with UEFI

SysPrep Win10 2004 Symbolic Link Issues with UEFI: So, I am diskparting to make a S drive and a W drive. Per Microsoft examples. Diskpart it for UEFI. All completed successfully and I load a WIM image on said W drive and restart. Now when windows finally gets done loading and I log in, I look at the C:\Users\All Users folder...
  8. Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues: I accidentally ran Sysprep (Out of box experience / Generalize) and now my computer is behaving erratically. Running Windows 10 Pro. I don't have a restore point. Is there anything I can do? submitted by /u/QREL_ [link] [comments]...
  9. sysprep issue

sysprep issue: Hello, collegues. I have virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1039). There has some configuration and installed some apps for workstations deployment. To reach my goal I need to perform `sysprep /generalize /oobe /quit`, but I got...
  10. sysprep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    sysprep issue: Hello, collegues. I have virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1039). There has some configuration and installed some apps for workstations deployment. To reach my goal I need to perform `sysprep /generalize /oobe /quit`, but I got...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysprep issues

2. Operating System Upgrade (planned) reason codes 0x80020003