Windows 10: Sysprep w/Unattended.xml

Discus and support Sysprep w/Unattended.xml in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am hoping maybe someone can assist me with this. I am building a windows 10 pro, 1803 image. The source is a premade with a volume MAK. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MuseDriven, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Sysprep w/Unattended.xml

Hi, I am hoping maybe someone can assist me with this.

I am building a windows 10 pro, 1803 image. The source is a premade with a volume MAK. The sysprep was successful.

However, the issue is I am having problems with the unattended.xml file. All I need is the ability to bypass the OOBE. I've attempted three unattended.xml launched via the sysprep command line from audit.

Three different failures.

This resulted in a black screen with a recovery partition creating winre.wim, and hanging.

The OOBE begins, but then gives me the "restart to download update" error

Finally, just hanging at "Just Wait A moment"

Please help....

:)

MuseDriven, Nov 14, 2018

2. Internet Explorer hangs running ActiveX scripting after sysprep

This solution worked for me:

• Don't use COPYPROFILE in unattend-XML answerfile

Using COPYPROFILE causes the IE problem
    • Delete all user accounts except Administrator before sysprep

Otherwise sysprep may fail with errors saying "... application xy installed but not provisioned for all users ..." if any appx-update comes in while you are working on the image
    After Startup and entering sysprep Audit-Mode,
    immediately go to local user management and check, if account Administrator
    is deactivated - if so, activate it.

Richard

RichardP63, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep  

Just to add something, clarifying this.

There are two ways to sysprep with an answer file.

Method 1:
    • Save the answer file in C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep folder as unattend.xml (you must use this name!)
    • Run the sysprep command without /unattend switch, the answer file will be automatically read and used, machine is automatically shut down after the sysprep if /quit or /reboot switches are not used
    • Example commands:
      • sysprep /generalize /oobe (sysprep with unattend.xml, shutdown when ready)
      • sysprep /generalize /oobe /quit (sysprep with unattend.xml,, quit to desktop when ready)
      • sysprep /generalize /oobe /reboot (sysprep with unattend.xml, reboot to OOBE when ready)
    Method 2:
    • Save the answer file anywhere you want to naming it as you wish with the extension .xml
    • Run the sysprep command with /unattend switch giving the name and location of the answer file you want to be read and used
    • Example command:
      • sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:X:\MyAnswerFile.xml

4. John Ado Win User

Sysprep w/Unattended.xml

John Ado, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Sysprep w/Unattended.xml

1. Sysprep w/Unattended.xml - Similar Threads - Sysprep Unattended xml

2. Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying: Hey everyone! For the past couple days, I've been trying to create a (new) custom Windows 10 Image. Everything's been going great so far, with using Audit Mode, installing all the applications, creating the WinPE ISO and deploying the .WIM file. Everything applies without any...
  3. Win10 Pro x64 Ver 2004 Sysprep Unattend Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro x64 Ver 2004 Sysprep Unattend Problems: Hello, I'm having issues with doing an unattend sysprep file on the Win10 Pro x64 Version 2004 (Build 19041). I had a working version of the file for the Win10 Pro x641607 version (Build 14393) I used Kari's Win10 Audit Mode with Sysprep tutorial (for both). The machine...
  4. Sysprep .xml lost default programs windows 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep .xml lost default programs windows 1909: after sysprep with xml lost default programs: before sysprep [img] after sysprep [img] xml validate no error [img] 146902
  5. Sysprep unattend first logon command error

Sysprep unattend first logon command error: Hello, I am trying to create admin user that has "Password never expires" option with Unattend.xml. As I understand this can not be done while Sysprep, but rather on first log on. Therefore I wrote an Unattend.xml which looks like this: <?xml version="1.0"...
  6. Unattended setup (Sysprep & unattend.xml) is not working for me

Unattended setup (Sysprep & unattend.xml) is not working for me: I've been trying to create a customized Win10 Pro (Build 1903) install image for the last week or so. No matter how many tutorials I follow, answer files I create, or installs I perform, I just cannot get it to work properly. Every time I go to install Windows from my custom...
  7. Sysprep w/Unattended.xml

Sysprep w/Unattended.xml: Hi, I am hoping maybe someone can assist me with this. I am building a windows 10 pro, 1803 image. The source is a premade with a volume MAK. The sysprep was successful. However, the issue is I am having problems with the unattended.xml file. All I need is the ability to...
  8. unattend xml not wiping drives / unable to create primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unattend xml not wiping drives / unable to create primary: I'm having an issue where the paritions are created, but something goes wrong and then I have to format the primary drive to install windows onto. It's a UEFI config, does anyone have any suggestions? 109354
  9. Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup

Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup: Anyone ran across a Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup? That Works!!!*Biggrin 5106
  10. Surface Pro 4 Unattended Sysprep Issue

Surface Pro 4 Unattended Sysprep Issue: Hi Guys, Im attempting create an unattended sysprep windows 10 installation (1607) for the Surface Pro 4 using a USB and WinPE. I dont have the current script with me but the process is roughly the following; Install win 10 - audit mode Generate an unattend.xml using...