Windows 10: SysPrep Win10 2004 Symbolic Link Issues with UEFI

Discus and support SysPrep Win10 2004 Symbolic Link Issues with UEFI in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I am diskparting to make a S drive and a W drive. Per Microsoft examples. Diskpart it for UEFI. All completed successfully and I load a WIM image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brian BR, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Brian BR Win User

SysPrep Win10 2004 Symbolic Link Issues with UEFI

So, I am diskparting to make a S drive and a W drive. Per Microsoft examples. Diskpart it for UEFI. All completed successfully and I load a WIM image on said W drive and restart. Now when windows finally gets done loading and I log in, I look at the C:\Users\All Users folder and I see the symbolic link points to the W:\Programdata folder. Problem is now I don't have a W: drive as it was changed to C. This is causing a lot of issues in the way we deploy apps/icons to users.

I have looked but am not finding anything or anybody else having such a issue. I did update WInPE installation and updated Windows Tool Kit, deployment and Assessment. But it did not change anything. I can fix it in the image but when we diskpart again and load the fixed image, it goes back to the W: drive om All Users.

Ideas?

:)

Brian BR, Jun 23, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User

SysPrep Advice

Hi Joseph,

The topic that you raised is beyond the scope of support for this site which focuses more on home and personal end users. Here's what I found about SysPrep:

However these are old articles and the process may have been changed already. You may re-post this question in

TechNet Forums
    for further assistance.

All the best.

John Ado, Jun 23, 2020
  3. GDavid Win User
    Symbolic link (Junction/s), how-to mklink? Please help with Junction?

Hi all, having been a member at Seven then Ten forums for a fair while I'm hoping to find a straight answer here..? Apologies in advance if this is too verbose.
    Windows 10 system booting from (UEFI) NVME with 2xSSDs + 2 MHDDs for storage...

An application (Xperia Companion) which will not let me select or personalise the location for saving backups of my cellular phone data...

Think I found a fair definition of the differences at the Computer hope site which would suggest it's a Junction I need:
    I want Xperia companion to save backups to F:\Sony Backups NOT the default C:\Users\GD\Documents\Sony. Would the Junction (link) allow me to to fulfill my wants and could someone please demonstrate the mklink commands needed?

with thanks and regards,
    Dave

GDavid, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Win10 1709 sysprep fail

Hi,

Your issue regarding sysprep failure will require some advanced troubleshooting steps to be resolved. We recommend posting your issue on
    TechNet for better assistance.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. SysPrep Win10 2004 Symbolic Link Issues with UEFI - Similar Threads - SysPrep Win10 2004

2. Symbolic links/Folder links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Symbolic links/Folder links: Apologies for the long introcution first; I have read a number of questions and answers relating to symbolic links with interest, and have noted that del, rmdir mklink, file explorer are all dangerous tools to use in order to remove a symbolic link. I had a PC with several...
  3. Symbolic links/Folder links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Symbolic links/Folder links: Apologies for the long introcution first; I have read a number of questions and answers relating to symbolic links with interest, and have noted that del, rmdir mklink, file explorer are all dangerous tools to use in order to remove a symbolic link. I had a PC with several...
  4. Symbolic links/Folder links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 Pro x64 Ver 2004 Sysprep Unattend Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro x64 Ver 2004 Sysprep Unattend Problems: Hello, I'm having issues with doing an unattend sysprep file on the Win10 Pro x64 Version 2004 (Build 19041). I had a working version of the file for the Win10 Pro x641607 version (Build 14393) I used Kari's Win10 Audit Mode with Sysprep tutorial (for both). The machine...
  6. Sysprep not working anymore on Win10 2004

Sysprep not working anymore on Win10 2004: Recently ugpgraded from Windows 10 Professional 1909 to Windows 10 Professional 2004 and ever since I can't seem to run sysprep anymore. When I open the sysprep setuperror log files the following is shown: 2020-06-03 14:36:37, Error SYSPRP Package...
  7. Sysprep On Win10 Is A Joke

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sysprep On Win10 Is A Joke: There are so many reasons it doesn't work that I've about given up on it. Sysprep has been a valuable tool for many years, until 10 came along. It used to be a quick registry edit after the 7-to-10 upgrade, but now the list is growing to the point that it's easier to just...
  8. sysprep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    sysprep issue: Hello, collegues. I have virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1039). There has some configuration and installed some apps for workstations deployment. To reach my goal I need to perform `sysprep /generalize /oobe /quit`, but I got...
  9. Symbolic Links (Soft Links)

in Windows 10 Support
    Symbolic Links (Soft Links): Greetings, I have a large number of symbolic links (soft links) on my PC that I want to migrate to a new machine with an identical directory structure. When I use various backup or copy programs that clone files (bit copy), the symbolic links do not work on the target...
  10. SYSPREP issues

SYSPREP issues: Hi, I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues i am, after (apparently successfully) SYSPREPping a Windows 10 (clean) installation, and restarting it? BTW: i have used a very simple autoanswer file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. junction link windowsc10 2004