Windows 10: Sysprep .xml lost default programs windows 1909

Discus and support Sysprep .xml lost default programs windows 1909 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; after sysprep with xml lost default programs: before sysprep [img] after sysprep [img] xml validate no error [img] 146902 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by veloprofz, Dec 21, 2019.

1. veloprofz Win User

Sysprep .xml lost default programs windows 1909

after sysprep with xml lost default programs:

before sysprep

Sysprep .xml lost default programs windows 1909 [​IMG]

after sysprep

xml validate no error

:)

veloprofz, Dec 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 - how to open an XML file by default USING the correct M/S program (XLS, DOC or PPT)?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

I suggest you to open XLS, DOC, XML or PPT file formats in the latest Microsoft office application available.

To open the XLS, DOC, XML or PPT file formats in Microsoft office as default program follow these steps below:

• Type Default programs in the search bar on Windows 10.
    • Associate a file type or protocol with a program under
      Choose the program that Windows use by default in the Default Program
      Window.
    • Select the .xml file type in the Associate a file type or protocol with a program
      Window and click on Ok.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - how to open an XML file by default USING the correct M/S program (XLS, DOC or PPT)?

I believe that the original question was how to open an xml file automatically with MS Excel after a Windows 10 upgrade messed up the file association, that is preventing the user to just double click on an .xml file to have MS Excel open it by default.

To do this you only need to delete the registry key listed below (including all subkeys) and re-associate the .xml file extension with MS Excel as you normally would by right clicking on your .xml file and by choosing "open with" then navigating to the location
    of the MS Excel application and choosing MS Excel as the default.

HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.xml

Hope that helps!

IvanLeonidas, Dec 21, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Sysprep .xml lost default programs windows 1909 :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Sysprep .xml lost default programs windows 1909 - Similar Threads - Sysprep xml lost

2. Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying: Hey everyone! For the past couple days, I've been trying to create a (new) custom Windows 10 Image. Everything's been going great so far, with using Audit Mode, installing all the applications, creating the WinPE ISO and deploying the .WIM file. Everything applies without any...
  3. WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change: After optimizing Windows 10, a default profile was created through generalization.After optimization, all default appx packages have been removed. Is there a way to restore the generalization to the default profile without recreating it?...
  4. 1909 sysprep issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1909 sysprep issues: I've frequently encountered issues with sysprep failing since 1903 due to some issue with spopk.dll. replacing it with an 1809 or earlier version of the same .dll typically fixed it, but since upgrading to 1909 this will allow it to sysprep, but when deploying a captured...
  5. Editing an XML File in Program Files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Editing an XML File in Program Files: I am trying to edit an xml file under C:/Program Files/Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, but it's saying that I don't have admin privileges. The XML file I am trying to edit is the commands file so I can change the zoom key on my microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 to...
  6. Windows 10 computer won't allow change of default program for .XML

Windows 10 computer won't allow change of default program for .XML: Hi there, Currently, as per the title, it appears to be impossible to change the .xml extension to open with Microsoft Excel 2016, instead defaulting to Office XML Handler and disallowing any apparent method for changing it. Computer is Windows 10, 64xbit OS, 8GB RAM. The...
  7. Can't set default app for .xml files

Can't set default app for .xml files: I'm using Windows 10, version 1803. I'm trying to set Notepad++ as my default editor for .xml files, without success. I tried: - Open with ..., "Choose another app" and then check the "Always use the app to open .xml file" checkbox. It opens just once in Notepad++, but...
  8. Set Default Programs before sysprep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Default Programs before sysprep?: This does't seem to carry over after sysprep. So similarly, any good options for mass deployment of default programs? So far I've been testing GPOs to no luck. Using user policy, control panel, file options, replace, docx file extensions and then I've tried the...
  9. Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash: Hi Everyone, I'm from France (sorry my English) I'm installing Windows 10 on new computer for my organization . I try to configurate one with fresh install (package of apps like Libreoffice, VLC, etc. for users) and custom desktop describes in this tutorial: Default...
  10. setupcomplete.cmd alter default profile in sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setupcomplete.cmd alter default profile in sysprep: Do commands that run in the setupcomplete.cmd of sysprep effect the default user profile, mainly reg add commands? I can't determine if changes here make a difference or if as soon as you run the sysprep command it seals the default profile for changes. 86831