Windows 10: $SysReset and $WinREAgent folders

Discus and support $SysReset and $WinREAgent folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently looked through my C drive and saw two hidden folders i do not fully know if i can safely delete them or not. I know when and by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FinalDebt92, Feb 9, 2021.

1. $SysReset and $WinREAgent folders

Hello,

I recently looked through my C drive and saw two hidden folders i do not fully know if i can safely delete them or not.

I know when and by what action they were created, but i do not know if i can just rightclick>delete those two folders.

Thanks in advance, Blaze.

:)

FinalDebt92, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Tukel.10 Win User

$sysreset Folder

Hello,

How was the $ sign in front of the $sysreset folder name ment to be spoken properly? "Dollar" or something else?

Many thanks, Tukel

Tukel.10, Feb 9, 2021
  3. $sysreset Folder

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor, 18 years experienced windows guide. I am here to work with you on this problem.

In the $sysreset folder '$' is used as a symbol in folder name, it can be called "Dollar" symbol like variable name in program code.

The $SysReset folder is created when a Refresh or Reset operation fails. It contains a log folder that may be useful to system administrators experiencing a problem with refreshing or resetting a PC.

Deleting these folders won’t cause any problems.

Thanks to howtogeek.com.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Note:

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Feb 9, 2021
  4. $SysReset and $WinREAgent folders

How to delete $SysReset folder

How do you delete the $SysReset folder? It's taking up over 195gb on my hard drive.

WolfSpartan_360, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

$SysReset and $WinREAgent folders

1. $SysReset and $WinREAgent folders - Similar Threads - $SysReset $WinREAgent folders

2. malware survives on $SysReset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    malware survives on $SysReset: Hi. I was recently infected by a Trojan detected as "Win32:Trojan.Sonbokli.A!cl" at 1:50 am APROX, I tried removing it with Windows Defender but it was useless, it was still active. So I reset the PC and reinstalled Windows finished at 6 am. To my surprise, in the "$SysReset"...
  3. malware survives on $SysReset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    malware survives on $SysReset: Hi. I was recently infected by a Trojan detected as "Win32:Trojan.Sonbokli.A!cl" at 1:50 am APROX, I tried removing it with Windows Defender but it was useless, it was still active. So I reset the PC and reinstalled Windows finished at 6 am. To my surprise, in the "$SysReset"...
  4. Event 4502 WinREAgent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 4502 WinREAgent: Hi. PC:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.Windows 11Today at 9 p.m i saw error in event logs.Ive noticed an Event 4502 Critical 'Windows Recovery Environment. WinREAgent showed as...
  5. Event 4502 WinREAgent

Event 4502 WinREAgent: Hi. PC:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.Windows 11Today at 9 p.m i saw error in event logs.Ive noticed an Event 4502 Critical 'Windows Recovery Environment. WinREAgent showed as...
  6. $sysreset folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    $sysreset folder: Hello, i reinstalled my pc today and now i have folder $SysReset and there are weird files like Rollback, is it normal to have this folder and these files in it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sysreset-folder/ad493a11-0381-47c8-a790-7f02876837b1
  7. $sysreset folder

$sysreset folder: Hello, i reinstalled my pc today and now i have folder $SysReset and there are weird files like Rollback, is it normal to have this folder and these files in it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sysreset-folder/ad493a11-0381-47c8-a790-7f02876837b1
  8. What is this $WinREAgent folder I see on C Drive?

in Windows 10 News
    What is this $WinREAgent folder I see on C Drive?: [ATTACH]Do you see a $WinREAgent folder on your C drive? And maybe wondering what it is there for. Well, such folders with the ‘Dollar’ $ […] This article What is this $WinREAgent folder I see on C Drive? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Unable to remove $SysReset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to remove $SysReset: Hi i am running windows 10 with all the latest updates and i have found this folder on my laptop and i am not able to delete it $SysReset I have done a search on this forum and i have followed most of the advice in the posts but nothing seems to work, i have deleted some...
  10. Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10: How to: Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 What is $SysReset folder and how to delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 The $SysReset folder is a refresh of Windows 10. This $SysReset folder contains a subfolder named Logs which contains log files that can help...