Windows 10: $sysreset folder

Discus and support $sysreset folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, i reinstalled my pc today and now i have folder $SysReset and there are weird files like Rollback, is it normal to have this folder and these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Martin Martin1, Aug 5, 2022.

1. $sysreset folder

Hello, i reinstalled my pc today and now i have folder $SysReset and there are weird files like Rollback, is it normal to have this folder and these files in it?

:)

Martin Martin1, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Tukel.10 Win User

$sysreset Folder

Hello,

How was the $ sign in front of the $sysreset folder name ment to be spoken properly? "Dollar" or something else?

Many thanks, Tukel

Tukel.10, Aug 5, 2022
  3. $sysreset Folder

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor, 18 years experienced windows guide. I am here to work with you on this problem.

In the $sysreset folder '$' is used as a symbol in folder name, it can be called "Dollar" symbol like variable name in program code.

The $SysReset folder is created when a Refresh or Reset operation fails. It contains a log folder that may be useful to system administrators experiencing a problem with refreshing or resetting a PC.

Deleting these folders won’t cause any problems.

Thanks to howtogeek.com.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Note:

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Aug 5, 2022
  4. $sysreset folder

How to delete $SysReset folder

How do you delete the $SysReset folder? It's taking up over 195gb on my hard drive.

WolfSpartan_360, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

$sysreset folder

1. $sysreset folder - Similar Threads - $sysreset folder

2. malware survives on $SysReset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    malware survives on $SysReset: Hi. I was recently infected by a Trojan detected as "Win32:Trojan.Sonbokli.A!cl" at 1:50 am APROX, I tried removing it with Windows Defender but it was useless, it was still active. So I reset the PC and reinstalled Windows finished at 6 am. To my surprise, in the "$SysReset"...
  3. malware survives on $SysReset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    malware survives on $SysReset: Hi. I was recently infected by a Trojan detected as "Win32:Trojan.Sonbokli.A!cl" at 1:50 am APROX, I tried removing it with Windows Defender but it was useless, it was still active. So I reset the PC and reinstalled Windows finished at 6 am. To my surprise, in the "$SysReset"...
  4. malware survives on $SysReset

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I cannot delete $SysReset>OdOS>Windows.old1 after resetting the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete $SysReset>OdOS>Windows.old1 after resetting the laptop: HiI cannot delete the windows.old after resetting the laptop, the OneDrive is in user category. I tried all methods shown from the community. I need to do this for recycling of the old laptop....
  6. I cannot delete $SysReset>OdOS>Windows.old1 after resetting the laptop

I cannot delete $SysReset>OdOS>Windows.old1 after resetting the laptop: HiI cannot delete the windows.old after resetting the laptop, the OneDrive is in user category. I tried all methods shown from the community. I need to do this for recycling of the old laptop....
  7. what is csrss doing inside $Sysreset > Scratch?

what is csrss doing inside $Sysreset > Scratch?: yup, csrss just here..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-csrss-doing-inside-sysreset-scratch/d2768e6f-59df-48d1-87db-0e6685beb3b2
  8. $sysreset folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    $sysreset folder: Hello, i reinstalled my pc today and now i have folder $SysReset and there are weird files like Rollback, is it normal to have this folder and these files in it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sysreset-folder/ad493a11-0381-47c8-a790-7f02876837b1
  9. $SysReset and $WinREAgent folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    $SysReset and $WinREAgent folders: Hello, I recently looked through my C drive and saw two hidden folders i do not fully know if i can safely delete them or not. I know when and by what action they were created, but i do not know if i can just rightclick>delete those two folders. Thanks in advance, Blaze....
  10. Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10: How to: Delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 What is $SysReset folder and how to delete $SysReset folder in Windows 10 The $SysReset folder is a refresh of Windows 10. This $SysReset folder contains a subfolder named Logs which contains log files that can help...