Windows 10: System 32 Folder

Discus and support System 32 Folder in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just looking for clarification on 3 folders in my SYS 32 folder. I find 1. 1. Drivers 2. Driver State 3. Driver store. What is the difference between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by miata54, Sep 5, 2019.

1. miata54 Win User

System 32 Folder

Just looking for clarification on 3 folders in my SYS 32 folder. I find 1. 1. Drivers 2. Driver State 3. Driver store. What is the difference between them and which one should I use when setting up Slipstreaming to an ISO?

Thanks

:)

miata54, Sep 5, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Sep 5, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Sep 5, 2019
  4. System 32 Folder

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

System 32 Folder

1. System 32 Folder - Similar Threads - System Folder

2. When excluding a folder in Windows Defender, is it system-wide or account logged in only?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When excluding a folder in Windows Defender, is it system-wide or account logged in only?: Working on setting up a PC that is company hardware for their overall hardware and Windows Defender slows down file writes by several seconds unless a folder for our application is excluded where the delay is only a couple seconds now. The question is: Is putting an...
  3. How to delete Duplicated System Folders from "This PC"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete Duplicated System Folders from "This PC": Hi Team, Good day. In my PC there are some duplicate System Folders created automatically [ATTACH] I have tried to make changes in registry "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" but no use. Kindly advise....
  4. Mismatch System Folder lcon under Personal Profile

Mismatch System Folder lcon under Personal Profile: [ATTACH] I accidently swap location paths of Desktop folder and Documents folder. After reverse, I find the icons (under C:\Users\ [My profile]) are still mismatch while those in "This PC" are correct. Pls help....
  5. Why is Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) blocking system services and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) blocking system services and...: When I was on build 1809 with ransomware protection enabled, I only got alerts for 3rd party programs trying to write to the controlled folders. Friday, Windows updated to 1903, and now I'm getting alerts that it is blocking Windows system files and services from protected...
  6. Rename system folders in another language

Rename system folders in another language: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and a Surface Pro 6. When I set up my laptop I used an account with Mandarin as the preferred language. This might have led to all system folders (e.g., desktop, document, and pictures) displayed in Mandarin. Now I want to change their names to...
  7. System folder namesake

System folder namesake: My Desktop folder and Documents folder are both named "Documents" and these folders have the same location, both of them show all files on my desktop. I can't edit the system folder. So any software like Viber PC that its data files usually located in Documents folder but...
  8. How to hide WINDOWS folder(system) permanently?

How to hide WINDOWS folder(system) permanently?: Everytime I restart my computer system root folder aka WINDOWS on my C drive keep coming out from hidden status, I already did hide it by right clicking it properties>Hidden checkbox>Apply all folders and subfolders>UAC>Yes>Ignore All and then folder goes into hidden status...
  9. My folder's “system attribute” disappears after copying it to USB drive

My folder's “system attribute” disappears after copying it to USB drive: I have a "Desktop.ini" file in an specific folder. I define the folder as a system folder using CMD (attrib +s my_folder) and everything works well. But when I copy the folder to a USB drive, my folder losses its "system" attribute. How can I keep the attribute when copying...
  10. System folders not working properly

System folders not working properly: I'm not sure what happened but I was trying to get into my documents folder today and realised some of the folder names were missing on my quick access tab - the download, pictures and documents. I can't remove these three folders nor can I click on them and access the folder...