Windows 10: System 32 folder

Discus and support System 32 folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when I start up my Laptop windows 10 boots up the system 32 folder and opens it. tried all the links with google search but most pertain to windows xp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by beady, Mar 24, 2016.

1. beady Win User

System 32 folder

when I start up my Laptop windows 10 boots up the system 32 folder and opens it.
    tried all the links with google search but most pertain to windows xp and below..

Ran SFC /SCANNOW
    and also Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth it found and repaired any files
    per the log ...I have a HP Pavilion g7-2320dx Notebook PC
    Runs great except for that system 32 file opens every time

Thank you for any help

:)

beady, Mar 24, 2016

2. file missing after refresh

The Program Files (x86) folder is only available on 64 bit versions of Windows.

If you are running a 32 bit version of Windows 10, that folder is not available.

Press Windows key + X

Click System

Look under System Type, to determine which architecture of Windows 10 you have installed, 32 or 64 bit operating system.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 24, 2016
  3. cardenPX Win User
    csrss.exe files

Hello Vanessa

Thank you for responding. I am the only user on this computer. When I right click on one csrss file and choose open file location the system 32 folder opens and shows one csrss file. When I do the same for the other csrss file the system 32 folder is
    shown again going to the location of the first csrss. In other words there is only one csrss file in the system 32 folder that is linked to both csrss files in task manager. The difference between the two being their size. One has 856k and the other 980k.
    They also are assigned different PID's. Below is a screenshot of the system 32 folder.

System 32 folder [​IMG]

Regards

cardenPX, Mar 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

System 32 folder

This may not be relevant..................

Right click at an open spot of your taskbar > Task Manager > click Startup tab at the top.
    By any chance you have system32 on the list ?
    If yes, right click at it > Disable.

davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
  5. beady Win User
    Nothing found under startup for System 32 and tried the registry look as well find nothing
    with that name for startup

beady, Mar 24, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
  7. beady Win User
    actually did that 3 days ago still same outcome lol.......*Confused

beady, Mar 24, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

System 32 folder

Sorry. I am out of ideas.
    Please wait a bit for someone to come along.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Mar 24, 2016
  10. beady Win User
    \Microsoft\Windows\NetTrace\GatherNetworkInfo c:\windows\system32\gathernetworkinfo.vbs 10/30/2015 3:17 AM

Found it many times with Auto Runs....delete it, uncheck it etc still comes back ?*Confused

beady, Mar 24, 2016
  11. beady Win User
    when I delete in in Autostart program viewer it pops up Autostart Program Viewer has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.....only when I delete the system 32 entry ?

beady, Mar 24, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    beady,
    Bite the bullet.
    Backup files you want to keep.
    Do a Clean Install.
    Start Fresh.

davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
  13. beady Win User

System 32 folder

will do that and be done lol........Thank you ........

beady, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System 32 folder

1. System 32 folder - Similar Threads - System folder

2. One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...: I need to prevent one drive from using space on disk C. I have tried various solutions such as file on demand etc. to no avail. I have decided to simply remove one drive. But after unlinking, disinstalling and even after having emptied one drive of almost all files show 0.2 G...
  3. One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...: I need to prevent one drive from using space on disk C. I have tried various solutions such as file on demand etc. to no avail. I have decided to simply remove one drive. But after unlinking, disinstalling and even after having emptied one drive of almost all files show 0.2 G...
  4. One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive?: Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive. If I delete the file from desktop, it deletes the file from original location too....
  6. Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive?

Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive?: Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive. If I delete the file from desktop, it deletes the file from original location too....
  7. When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...: When I try the right click>properties>security etc method to fix it, I can't add a new permission for everyone as the 'add' button is greyed out....
  8. When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...

When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...: When I try the right click>properties>security etc method to fix it, I can't add a new permission for everyone as the 'add' button is greyed out....
  9. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...
  10. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...