Windows 10: System 32 gone

Discus and support System 32 gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, a while back I was very stupid and deleted system 32 on accident. So of course I can’t use my laptop anymore but I found out you can get system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Corbin1215, May 6, 2022.

1. System 32 gone

Hello, a while back I was very stupid and deleted system 32 on accident. So of course I can’t use my laptop anymore but I found out you can get system 32 on a hard drive and fix it. But I have no clue on how and where to install the file and how to put it back in my laptop. If anyone knows how I would like to know please. Thank you

:)

Corbin1215, May 6, 2022

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 6, 2022
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

4. System 32 gone

System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 6, 2022
Thema:

System 32 gone

1. System 32 gone - Similar Threads - System gone

2. Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore: I bought my laptop 3 days ago and it came with a free xbox game pass subscription. I didn't claim it right away but it was visible in the "included with device" section in the microsoft store. Yesterday I reverted to a restore point which was created on the laptop after setup...
  3. Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore: I bought my laptop 3 days ago and it came with a free xbox game pass subscription. I didn't claim it right away but it was visible in the "included with device" section in the microsoft store. Yesterday I reverted to a restore point which was created on the laptop after setup...
  4. I very likely deleted a system file by accident and now Realtek audio is gone and I cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I very likely deleted a system file by accident and now Realtek audio is gone and I cant...: So I was fixing a bug resolving my msi laptop it where it put a ton of useless .exe in the system 32 folder over 130.000 which I resovled with the help from this question...
  5. I very likely deleted a system file by accident and now Realtek audio is gone and I cant...

I very likely deleted a system file by accident and now Realtek audio is gone and I cant...: So I was fixing a bug resolving my msi laptop it where it put a ton of useless .exe in the system 32 folder over 130.000 which I resovled with the help from this question...
  6. I very likely deleted a system file by accident and now Realtek audio is gone and I cant...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. performed a system reset and now almost all of my files have gone

performed a system reset and now almost all of my files have gone: I recently performed a system reset via a microsoft assistant helping me as my laptop was randomly deleting icons etc from my desktop, however after moving things from my eternal disk drive back onto my desktop over half of my files have vanished off of the face of the...
  8. performed a system reset and now almost all of my files have gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    performed a system reset and now almost all of my files have gone: I recently performed a system reset via a microsoft assistant helping me as my laptop was randomly deleting icons etc from my desktop, however after moving things from my eternal disk drive back onto my desktop over half of my files have vanished off of the face of the...
  9. performed a system reset and now almost all of my files have gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Some of the Windows 11 System icons are gone

Some of the Windows 11 System icons are gone: I've noticed that some of my icons from the system are gone.Example: the do not disturb icon on the system clock, is just showing a square.When there's an update that needs to restart or shut down the system, also is a yellow square and not the icon.I've already tried the...