Windows 10: System 32 Hoax

Discus and support System 32 Hoax in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; System 32 was introduced with Windows 2000 and is a vital part of the Windows operating system. Some sicko came up with the "prank" that it is where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vince Massi, May 2, 2016.

1. System 32 Hoax

System 32 was introduced with Windows 2000 and is a vital part of the Windows operating system.

Some sicko came up with the "prank" that it is where Windows stores unnecessary files in order to slow down your computer. This in turn will force you to purchase Windows products to clean up your computer. The author of the hoax then went on to explain that if you deleted System 32, your system would run faster.

Microsoft has put in safeguards to prevent victims from deleting System 32, which (if possible) would require you to re-install Windows.

Researching it on the web, I was amazed at how many other pranksters created wallpapers, etc., urging people to delete System 32. Don't do it.

:)

Vince Massi, May 2, 2016

2. Is this a hoax?

when I try to give my pass code to open up windows I get a message to go to account.live.com. I have never clicked it, but if I put in my password enough times (6-10 times). Windows eventually opens. How do I get rid of this message?

LindaVelasquez, May 2, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Is this a hoax?

If the message states:

'You can't sign in to your PC at the moment, go to account.live.com to fix the problem' and usually in yellow text over an OK button

This is a legit Microsoft Message, you must use a Microsoft Account to sign into your PC/laptop

It is generated because there was a problem signing into your Microsoft Account, usually something to do with a password error

To get rid of this message head over to
    http://www.account.live.com

And follow the instructions there . . .

DaveM121, May 2, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

System 32 Hoax

Ha ha and Lol too, there's no medicine for stupid !!!

CountMike, May 3, 2016
  5. badcrc Win User
    I seem to recall there's a Linux command to force-remove, recursively, all files starting at root. Malicious types would post the command on forums as a fix. I think it's easier to catch out Linux noobs with this nasty trick, due to them being unfamiliar with console stuff. It's something like rm -rf/ .

The only Bash I know is sudo make me a sandwich - xkcd: Sandwich .

badcrc, May 3, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    While interesting an old story.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System 32 Hoax

1. System 32 Hoax - Similar Threads - System Hoax

2. Does the File Scrubber part of Integrity Streams system of ReFS continue where it ended...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does the File Scrubber part of Integrity Streams system of ReFS continue where it ended...: When the File Scrubber starts scanning the data of files part of Integrity Streams system of ReFS but you shut down windows 10 does it continue where it ended when restarting windows ? Or does the file scrubber completely restarts at the beginning of the surface the next time...
  3. Partial system freezes and BSOD when in MS Teams call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Partial system freezes and BSOD when in MS Teams call: Hi everyone About once per week my windows 10 system is partially freezing when I'm in a MS Teams call. Then I still hear the audio but the camera images are frozen and i can't close teams anymore. When I click on the Start icon in the task bar and type somthing in there,...
  4. System is totally corrupted, and none of the repair tools work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System is totally corrupted, and none of the repair tools work.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/q40a9n220ek61.jpg?width=971&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e82881f54f4b6ab12b1d193f533311ab58d7e305 This is a rescue USB, where it tells me my Hard drive is protected. How do I overwrite that protection to fix the system files from my recovery...
  5. 2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4601319...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4601319...: Hi, This is my first time posting in the Microsoft community regarding update problems. I have been getting this error for some time now and have tried the following: Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter: It found an issue in 'WaaSMedicService' and was remediated...
  6. I can't system restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't system restore?: Hello, I keep getting this error whenever I try to do a system restore: System restore did not complete successfully. Yourcomputer’s system files and settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed to extract the original copy of thedirectory from the restore...
  7. My system often Deadlocks with no obvious reason

My system often Deadlocks with no obvious reason: Hello everyone from few days I have a problem with my Laptop Asus FX505DY-BQ009T. Once I installed Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Software. It was version 20.11.2. It was fine, but then I saw that there's a newer version can't remember its number. So I installed it. I started...
  8. Help installing Win 10 Pro 64 on a new system, having replaced both the Motherboard and C:...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help installing Win 10 Pro 64 on a new system, having replaced both the Motherboard and C:...: As soon as my new replacement system arrived from Dell it's an Alienware R11 by the way, I replaced both the C: drive and the motherboard to put higher performing components in. However now I'm at an impasse... Since the Windows key was apparently embedded in the BIOS I am...
  9. Bad system config info

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad system config info: Hi guys, I'm contacting you to help me about this error go to my dm for more details submitted by /u/ResearchMain4312 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lunnd3/bad_system_config_info/
  10. Sound System Not Working

Sound System Not Working: I have no sound on my Windows 10 computer. I even bought a USB sound card, but nothing. The devices appear in device manager and with no errors. I tried everything on the web, but nothing. My PC is Lenovo ThinkPad L480 workstation and it's very frustrating that my sound is...