Windows 10: System 32 Hoax

Discus and support System 32 Hoax in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; System 32 was introduced with Windows 2000 and is a vital part of the Windows operating system. Some sicko came up with the "prank" that it is where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vince Massi, May 2, 2016.

1. System 32 Hoax

System 32 was introduced with Windows 2000 and is a vital part of the Windows operating system.

Some sicko came up with the "prank" that it is where Windows stores unnecessary files in order to slow down your computer. This in turn will force you to purchase Windows products to clean up your computer. The author of the hoax then went on to explain that if you deleted System 32, your system would run faster.

Microsoft has put in safeguards to prevent victims from deleting System 32, which (if possible) would require you to re-install Windows.

Researching it on the web, I was amazed at how many other pranksters created wallpapers, etc., urging people to delete System 32. Don't do it.

:)

Vince Massi, May 2, 2016

2. Is this a hoax?

when I try to give my pass code to open up windows I get a message to go to account.live.com. I have never clicked it, but if I put in my password enough times (6-10 times). Windows eventually opens. How do I get rid of this message?

LindaVelasquez, May 2, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Is this a hoax?

If the message states:

'You can't sign in to your PC at the moment, go to account.live.com to fix the problem' and usually in yellow text over an OK button

This is a legit Microsoft Message, you must use a Microsoft Account to sign into your PC/laptop

It is generated because there was a problem signing into your Microsoft Account, usually something to do with a password error

To get rid of this message head over to
    http://www.account.live.com

And follow the instructions there . . .

DaveM121, May 2, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

System 32 Hoax

Ha ha and Lol too, there's no medicine for stupid !!!

CountMike, May 3, 2016
  5. badcrc Win User
    I seem to recall there's a Linux command to force-remove, recursively, all files starting at root. Malicious types would post the command on forums as a fix. I think it's easier to catch out Linux noobs with this nasty trick, due to them being unfamiliar with console stuff. It's something like rm -rf/ .

The only Bash I know is sudo make me a sandwich - xkcd: Sandwich .

badcrc, May 3, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    While interesting an old story.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System 32 Hoax

1. System 32 Hoax - Similar Threads - System Hoax

2. System unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System unable to boot: I recently updated my window10 system and i just discover the system had been running slow or slow to respond so I tried to remove the updates and then tried to restart my PC and ive been error message that say “Automatic repair couldn’t repair your PC”...please i need a...
  3. Preparing automtic repair - Inaccessible boot system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preparing automtic repair - Inaccessible boot system: Hi there, I turn my laptop on, a blue screen comes up and it says "inaccessible boot" and then it gets stuck on "preparing automatic repair" with no loading wheel. What shall I do? submitted by /u/spyfire14 [link] [comments]...
  4. my system shows Entering power save mode after every restart

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my system shows Entering power save mode after every restart: my system shows Entering power save mode after every restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-shows-entering-power-save-mode-after/8c23f70c-71e3-4ca0-8a3a-53e6d2498d04
  5. Q: How do you change system locale for Windows Sandbox?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Q: How do you change system locale for Windows Sandbox?: When doing this from inside Sandbox, it requires a restart - and guess what then happens? submitted by /u/misuo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fu6r2y/q_how_do_you_change_system_locale_for_windows/
  6. System Protection is Off

in Windows 10 Support
    System Protection is Off: Hello,After the system's upgrade, "System Protection" is (still) Off, so there is no restore point.Since I have "Macrium Reflect" and make in 3 days cycle one full backup then a differential, and so on.If there is a need (sometimes), I restore with Macrium.Is it important to...
  7. Lost Permission to almost everything in the system.

Lost Permission to almost everything in the system.: Hello, First things first, I did mess something up ... I was really getting annoyed about svchosts internet usage, so I gave myself rights to edit and move the exe, BUT ONLY the exe. I then cut it out of the system32 folder and pasted it on my desktop. I continued to use my...
  8. BSOD HELP WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR minidump & system information included

BSOD HELP WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR minidump & system information included: can anyone help me with this dump its keep happening after a few hours while playing games, I install new drivers and all and check temp and is not overheating https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiRDtaRXo74ngcpWYp9ScTDPvJqm7g?e=QfMMQx...
  9. System won't detect the built-in webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System won't detect the built-in webcam: My laptop has a built in webcam, I didn't use it until now. But my system won't detect it and there is no driver for it in the Device Manager. I tried Scan for hardware changes, but I got nothing. Also I tried everything in this link:...
  10. battery icon missing from system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery icon missing from system tray: I jjusst noticed that my battery icon is missing from the system tray in windows 10. this has never happend before. How do i get it back? this windows 10. I have never had any problems with icons in the system tray If i cick on the "hide" arrow, it shows but i'd like to...