Windows 10: System 32 Hoax

Discus and support System 32 Hoax in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; System 32 was introduced with Windows 2000 and is a vital part of the Windows operating system. Some sicko came up with the "prank" that it is where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vince Massi, May 2, 2016.

1. System 32 Hoax

System 32 was introduced with Windows 2000 and is a vital part of the Windows operating system.

Some sicko came up with the "prank" that it is where Windows stores unnecessary files in order to slow down your computer. This in turn will force you to purchase Windows products to clean up your computer. The author of the hoax then went on to explain that if you deleted System 32, your system would run faster.

Microsoft has put in safeguards to prevent victims from deleting System 32, which (if possible) would require you to re-install Windows.

Researching it on the web, I was amazed at how many other pranksters created wallpapers, etc., urging people to delete System 32. Don't do it.

:)

Vince Massi, May 2, 2016

2. Is this a hoax?

when I try to give my pass code to open up windows I get a message to go to account.live.com. I have never clicked it, but if I put in my password enough times (6-10 times). Windows eventually opens. How do I get rid of this message?

LindaVelasquez, May 2, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Is this a hoax?

If the message states:

'You can't sign in to your PC at the moment, go to account.live.com to fix the problem' and usually in yellow text over an OK button

This is a legit Microsoft Message, you must use a Microsoft Account to sign into your PC/laptop

It is generated because there was a problem signing into your Microsoft Account, usually something to do with a password error

To get rid of this message head over to
    http://www.account.live.com

And follow the instructions there . . .

DaveM121, May 2, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

System 32 Hoax

Ha ha and Lol too, there's no medicine for stupid !!!

CountMike, May 3, 2016
  5. badcrc Win User
    I seem to recall there's a Linux command to force-remove, recursively, all files starting at root. Malicious types would post the command on forums as a fix. I think it's easier to catch out Linux noobs with this nasty trick, due to them being unfamiliar with console stuff. It's something like rm -rf/ .

The only Bash I know is sudo make me a sandwich - xkcd: Sandwich .

badcrc, May 3, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    While interesting an old story.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System 32 Hoax

1. System 32 Hoax - Similar Threads - System Hoax

2. Inquiry About Student Discounts for Windows Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inquiry About Student Discounts for Windows Operating System: Dear Support Team,I hope this message finds you well.My name is Serageldin Abdelmoaty, and I am a student at Sheridan College. As part of my studies, I need to acquire version 11 of the Windows operating system.Could you please let me know if there are any student discounts...
  3. Inquiry About Student Discounts for Windows Operating System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inquiry About Student Discounts for Windows Operating System: Dear Support Team,I hope this message finds you well.My name is Serageldin Abdelmoaty, and I am a student at Sheridan College. As part of my studies, I need to acquire version 11 of the Windows operating system.Could you please let me know if there are any student discounts...
  4. On my hard drive it shows system and reserve 488gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    On my hard drive it shows system and reserve 488gb: Please help my personal folder gone missing and it was also around 400gb and I am sure those 488gb is my personal folder cause I don't have windows on my hard drive I have windows on my SSD which is completely different drive I keep my HDD just for storage...
  5. Problems after system updated & Laptop battery replaced/Locked out of Microsoft account &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after system updated & Laptop battery replaced/Locked out of Microsoft account &...: HI! Sorry for the length. NO option under products for Microsoft account problems so I'm choosing Windows since some of the problems are from system update. My HP 14fq0018ca Windows 11 64 bit laptop is suddenly having major problems, especially with regards to accessing my...
  6. Problems after system updated & Laptop battery replaced/Locked out of Microsoft account &...

Problems after system updated & Laptop battery replaced/Locked out of Microsoft account &...: HI! Sorry for the length. NO option under products for Microsoft account problems so I'm choosing Windows since some of the problems are from system update. My HP 14fq0018ca Windows 11 64 bit laptop is suddenly having major problems, especially with regards to accessing my...
  7. How do I clean up excessively large system files, such as those in the WinSxS folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I clean up excessively large system files, such as those in the WinSxS folder?: I have a second hand HP Stream netbook that I want to send to my niece. The previous owner didn’t factory reset it, and I didn’t know their password, so I couldn’t reset it myself. So instead, I did a clean reinstallation of the OS from a disk. I set up a profile in my name...
  8. I changed my mother board. How can I get the bit locker for my system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my mother board. How can I get the bit locker for my system?: I changed my mother board. How can I get the bit locker for my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-mother-board-how-can-i-get-the-bit/416e567e-e0cd-448f-917e-eb3fc5085d4d
  9. I changed my mother board. How can I get the bit locker for my system?

I changed my mother board. How can I get the bit locker for my system?: I changed my mother board. How can I get the bit locker for my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-mother-board-how-can-i-get-the-bit/416e567e-e0cd-448f-917e-eb3fc5085d4d
  10. Cannot Find Script File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\System\smss-DoOo Ms.vbs" , How to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find Script File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\System\smss-DoOo Ms.vbs" , How to...: Cannot Find Script File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\System\smss-DoOoMs.vbs"when i start my win 11 pc and it just show out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-script-file/d66a487f-f7d5-43e1-8137-1f912f68f6f9