Windows 10: System admin tools close after a few seconds. Installation wizards close after a few...

Discus and support System admin tools close after a few seconds. Installation wizards close after a few... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently installed a Windows Update. All of a sudden I am having the strangest issue, did not happen before. Cutting to the chase, here are the key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MMtheOG, Feb 16, 2021.

1. MMtheOG Win User

System admin tools close after a few seconds. Installation wizards close after a few...

I recently installed a Windows Update. All of a sudden I am having the strangest issue, did not happen before. Cutting to the chase, here are the key issues I am having on my main account for this computer THEY DO NOT happen on a second user account I created, but I have everything set up on my main account so I do not want to simply switch to this new random user account:

- Tried to install Node node-v14.15.5-x64.msi, install wizard opens after I double-click, then about 5 seconds later the window closes.

- Same thing happens when trying to install VS Code VSCodeUserSetup-x64-1.53.2.exe. Install wizard opens and then closes 5 seconds later.

- Same thing happened for Microsoft Install and Uninstall troubleshooter program tried to use it to fix this issue ironically

- Change Account Settings > click "Sign in with local account instead" > a popup appears, but then closes after about 5 seconds.

- Update while writing this: seems basically all administrative tools Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools do the same thing.

• Component Services
    • Computer Management
    • Defragment and Optimize Drives
    • Disk Cleanup
    • Event Viewer
    • Performance Monitor
    • Recovery Drive
    • Resource Monitor I KNOW this used to work
    • Services
    • System Configuration
    • System Information
    • Task Scheduler
    • Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic

I am sure there are many other things that would exhibit the same behavior, these are just the things that I have seen with my own eyes.

I have already run sfc /scannow, as well as DISM RestoreHealth. They did not fix the issue.

:)

MMtheOG, Feb 16, 2021

2. "Update & security" tab on Settings flashes for a second, then closes.

Hi Hirsty,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • If yes, what exactly is the error message?
    This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 16, 2021
  3. RandyS. Win User
    "Update & security" tab on Settings flashes for a second, then closes.

I have the same issue. The Update and Security tab flashes and then closes. I tried the recommendation of running sfc/scannow in the command prompt and did get a message of corrupted files. The exact message was: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt
    files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.Log. For example C:Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios." Help is appreciated. What next?

RandyS., Feb 16, 2021
  4. System admin tools close after a few seconds. Installation wizards close after a few...

Windows 10 photo app closes after 5 seconds

Hello Brian,

You can run sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed or damaged versions with the correct versions possible. You may refer to this

link
    for more information.

If the issue persists even after using System File Checker tool, follow the steps below to run the DISM tool:

• Press
      Windows key + X
      and select the
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the
      Administrator: Command Promptwindow, enter the following commands (Press the Enter
      key after each command):

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

3.To close the
    Administrator: Command Prompt
    window, type
    Exit, and press
    Enter.

4. Restart the machine.

Update us if the issue persists.

Haidae Tam, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

System admin tools close after a few seconds. Installation wizards close after a few...

1. System admin tools close after a few seconds. Installation wizards close after a few... - Similar Threads - System admin tools

2. Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show: HelloI was recently having some trouble with my WiFi connections. I performed a network reset and since then have run into more issues.Since doing the network reset, some issues I am having are:No wifi networks show Ethernet does work thoughSome admin tools close after being...
  3. Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show: HelloI was recently having some trouble with my WiFi connections. I performed a network reset and since then have run into more issues.Since doing the network reset, some issues I am having are:No wifi networks show Ethernet does work thoughSome admin tools close after being...
  4. Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Applications closes automatically after few seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applications closes automatically after few seconds: I have a problem that closes applications automatically and I have tried everything but nothing works I've tried this but it didn't work. Anybody else have this issue and how can I resolve this? I can't even factory reset my PC because the reset window will close itself...
  6. Applications closes automatically after few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications closes automatically after few seconds: I have a problem that closes applications automatically and I have tried everything but nothing works I've tried this but it didn't work. Anybody else have this issue and how can I resolve this? I can't even factory reset my PC because the reset window will close itself...
  7. Some applications close after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some applications close after a few seconds.: Hello, first of all, I am a first-time user of this subreddit, so sorry if this is in the wrong category or something like that. Also, sorry if I missed some topic that discusses this problem, but I didn't find any, that worked for me. Today, I encountered a problem, where...
  8. Windows settings closing after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings closing after a few seconds: My setting keeps closing after a few second. I don't know if it is crashing because it doesn't give anything. For example i start settings then i go to devices turn on my bluetooth and then my settings closes....
  9. Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.: So I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 a few minutes ago, installed it and opened it. To my surprise it closed after a few seconds maybe 5 when I first opened it, and less than 3 after i repeated the process. I reinstalled it and even reset it but the problem still...
  10. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82