Windows 10: "System and Compressed Memory" constant 20-25% CPU usage

Discus and support "System and Compressed Memory" constant 20-25% CPU usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is a problem that has been going on for about a week now and I've tried A LOT of solutions. This started when I wanted to play Battlefield 1 beta... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SneakySquidyHD, Sep 13, 2016.

1. "System and Compressed Memory" constant 20-25% CPU usage

This is a problem that has been going on for about a week now and I've tried A LOT of solutions. This started when I wanted to play Battlefield 1 beta and it said I needed to update my driver, my computer had 0 issues prior to this after the install system and compressed memory was high. Tried a rollback, didn't work, tried disabling Windows notifications, didn't work, disabled superfetch nope, disabled pagefile, nope, changed power setting in lots and lots of ways, only one worked which was setting hibernation to never and it worked for one day when I rebooted came back, factory reset my PC it was gone UNTIL I updated my driver... When I go to device manager and disable my display adapter, "system and compressed memory " goes away I've installed DDU and cleaned out my driver and installed a previous version still the same problem, I've been trying to get help for a long time now and every solution doesn't work, I really need someone's help. Thank you

:)

SneakySquidyHD, Sep 13, 2016

2. System and Compressed Memory using 25%+ of cpu

When i'm trying to use my computer, i see my CPU usage spike to 93%, and i look at Task Manager to see "System and Compressed Memory" sit about 25%-43% and just stay there. This heavily interferes with my ability to play games, and was wondering if there
    was a way to fix this.

icecold960, Sep 13, 2016
  3. A'Ehmad Win User
    Windows 10 search index keeps rebuilding

Greeting Nachappa,

I am trying to run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth , however it is more than 25 minutes now and looks like it is not working and stuck at 20%.. the process in the task manager is not showing
    any CPU usage and the memory it occupies is constant, is this normal?

A'Ehmad, Sep 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

"System and Compressed Memory" constant 20-25% CPU usage

Hi, there are some threads that give you pointers on this- there's no one single solution. This requires analysis.
    Please read thru.. amongst these you will find my post with summaries of solutions found.

Solved Is this normal? System and compressed memory process ALWAYS at 20% cpu - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved System and compressed memory slowing down disk operation - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved System and compressed memory high CPU usage - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory - Windows 10 Forums

One solution that helped several was
    "Just disable the desktop notification in Chrome"

dalchina, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

"System and Compressed Memory" constant 20-25% CPU usage

1. "System and Compressed Memory" constant 20-25% CPU usage - Similar Threads - System Compressed Memory

2. System and compressed memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System and compressed memory: System and compressed memory is not showing in task manager, is it because I have enough RAM? Thanks. 62163
  3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System and compressed memory high disk usage: Hi everyone. I am currently having issues trying to diagnose the system and compressed memory bug that causes slow disk operations. I am running a computer that I have built myself. i5 6600k, 16 GB of RAM, 2 SSD and 1 HDD. The slow operations only happen on the HDD. I can...
  4. System and compressed memory high CPU usage

System and compressed memory high CPU usage: Hi, recently the process called System and compressed memory started acting up, when I'm browsing demanding sites CPU usage spikes to 20%-40% causing my sounds to get crackles and freeze for a split second. It's extremely annoying and was not happening before. It started this...
  5. System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage)

System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage): Hello there, I am here today as I have had a problem with System and Compressed Memory since I installed Windows 10 back in December of 2015. Now keep in mind, this isn't a normal issue, as I have yet to actually find anything in regards to what to do to fix this. (I have...
  6. Is this normal? System and compressed memory process ALWAYS at 20% cpu

Is this normal? System and compressed memory process ALWAYS at 20% cpu: I recently did a clean install of win10 on my laptop. Ever since then the process called "System memory and compressed memory" has been running at around 15-25% cpu load constantly. It never stops, even when letting the computer idle for hours. The laptop has a particularly...
  7. Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?

Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?: I noticed the C P U fan spinning @ 5950 rpm and decided to consult the task manager. The System & Compressed Memory is using 20% of the cpu. Why ? Thank you. 59085
  8. High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory

High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory: Hello everyone , well, for a while I 'm having problems with locking while I surf the internet after five minutes browsing the facebook the browser begins to catch and is impossible to do anything , I noticed that this occurs when the system and compressed memory reaches 15%...
  9. System and compressed memory & System interrupts unfixable CPU usage

System and compressed memory & System interrupts unfixable CPU usage: Hi! So my friend has a PC with Windows 10 (installed from USB-Stick with the WindowsMediaCreationTool). It ran fine for about two weeks, which is when the problem started: The "System and compressed memory" and "System interrupts" processes taking up *a lot* of CPU time even...
  10. HELP - System and compressed memory constantly at 35% CPU

HELP - System and compressed memory constantly at 35% CPU: Hi, I an=m having an issue with System and compressed memory constantly using at 35% CPU, resulting in the fans on my laptop running all the time and being very noisy. I have read: Solved Is this normal? System and compressed memory process ALWAYS at 20% cpu -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ram is showing 25% in use