Windows 10: System and compressed memory CPU increase causes video freeze

Discus and support System and compressed memory CPU increase causes video freeze in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried searching online for solutions but haven't found any. I noticed that when watching videos online such as youtube or netflix, it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JLawki, Sep 16, 2016.

1. JLawki Win User

System and compressed memory CPU increase causes video freeze

I've tried searching online for solutions but haven't found any.

I noticed that when watching videos online such as youtube or netflix, it would randomly freeze for a split second then go back to normally playing, and sound doesn't seem to be affected. When I have task manager on, it seems to happen when system and compressed memory shoots up to the top of CPU usage. only around 2.0-3.0% usage, then goes back all the way down, and I'm not exactly sure what is causing it.

:)

JLawki, Sep 16, 2016

2. System and compressed memory (ntoskrnl.exe) Problem

I am also having the same problem in my Lenovo B560. System and compressed memory (ntoskrnl.exe) has already covered 30-50% of CPU and Memory on my laptop. Whenever I am any application like Cortana or Edge, the CPU usage increases to 90-95% and then even
    the movement of pointer slows down and everything hangs up. What is System and compressed memory (ntoskrnl.exe), may I end its functioning?

Kunal Khandelwal, Sep 16, 2016
  3. iWREQ Win User
    Windows10 Lag and i mean LAG

Currently I have 1browser open with 3tabs, this page, youtube(video stopped download) and social media(not using) and "Windows Explorer" is using 50% of the CPU and "System and Compressed Memory" is using 30%. 80% of the CPU being used by the system itself...

iWREQ, Sep 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, problems reported long ago with 'system and compressed memory' tended to relate to CPU use more continuous and 15-30%. Those issues seem to have died away.

I think the threads about
    stutter
    crackle

may be related to yours:
    Try this one and feel free to search for more.. it includes one of my posts with a doc attachments summarising things people had found.
    Windows 10 Stuttering / Freeze - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Sep 17, 2016
Thema:

1. System and compressed memory CPU increase causes video freeze - Similar Threads - System compressed memory

2. System and compressed memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System and compressed memory: System and compressed memory is not showing in task manager, is it because I have enough RAM? Thanks. 62163
  3. System and compressed memory high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System and compressed memory high CPU usage: Hi, recently the process called System and compressed memory started acting up, when I'm browsing demanding sites CPU usage spikes to 20%-40% causing my sounds to get crackles and freeze for a split second. It's extremely annoying and was not happening before. It started this...
  4. System and Compressed Memory

System and Compressed Memory: Is there any way to stop the "system and compressed memory" from happening? I am so annoyed by it's constant 90% Memory usage! I used to have only 8 GB of RAM and it would use 7GB out of the whole 8GB. I recently upgraded to 16GB and everything was fine. System and Compressed...
  5. Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?

Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?: I noticed the C P U fan spinning @ 5950 rpm and decided to consult the task manager. The System & Compressed Memory is using 20% of the cpu. Why ? Thank you. 59085
  6. System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory

System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory: Several problems are happening. I don’t know if the extent to which they are related but here they are: Earlier today, I attempted, but failed, to install the latest update for the AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC). In one place, a message said that it had installed...
  7. High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory

High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory: Hello everyone , well, for a while I 'm having problems with locking while I surf the internet after five minutes browsing the facebook the browser begins to catch and is impossible to do anything , I noticed that this occurs when the system and compressed memory reaches 15%...
  8. System and compressed memory & System interrupts unfixable CPU usage

System and compressed memory & System interrupts unfixable CPU usage: Hi! So my friend has a PC with Windows 10 (installed from USB-Stick with the WindowsMediaCreationTool). It ran fine for about two weeks, which is when the problem started: The "System and compressed memory" and "System interrupts" processes taking up *a lot* of CPU time even...
  9. "System and Compressed Memory" going to 40% CPU in Win10

"System and Compressed Memory" going to 40% CPU in Win10: Hi, I know this problem is caused by the latest GeForce driver, I was hoping someone could tell me which version introduced the issue. I have Win10 64-bit on an i5, 16 GB RAM, GTX 570, OS is installed on a SSD. Everything was working fine with Win10, games, apps, ran...
  10. HELP - System and compressed memory constantly at 35% CPU

HELP - System and compressed memory constantly at 35% CPU: Hi, I an=m having an issue with System and compressed memory constantly using at 35% CPU, resulting in the fans on my laptop running all the time and being very noisy. I have read: Solved Is this normal? System and compressed memory process ALWAYS at 20% cpu -...