Windows 10: System and Compressed Memory uses 40% CPU after waking up from sleep

Discus and support System and Compressed Memory uses 40% CPU after waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The computer seems to work pretty much fine after every startup, but problems starts emerging after waking up from sleep/hibernation. After waking up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by danny7899, Aug 18, 2017.

1. danny7899 Win User

System and Compressed Memory uses 40% CPU after waking up from sleep

The computer seems to work pretty much fine after every startup, but problems starts emerging after waking up from sleep/hibernation. After waking up from sleep, I notice that the computer starts heating up and fans are throttling.

The 'System and Compressed Memory' process reaches up to 35% as seen on task manager, using Process Explorer, I can see that the thread 'ntoskrnl.exe!CcCopyWriteWontFlush+0xb50' seems to be causing the issue.

Some peripherals also sometimes stops working after waking up from sleep, such as fingerprint sensor, WiFi, and screen brightness not being able to be changed. The only way to but things back is by restarting the computer, which is rather inconvenient. I have attached some screenshots from task manager and process explorer before and after resuming from sleep.

I have tried these troubleshooting tips but none brings this problem to an end:
    • Update all device drivers
    • Scan for hardware changes in Device Manager
    • Disabling pagefile (and re-enabling it)
    • Disable fastboot (and re-enabling it)
    • Disable memory diagnostics (and re-enabling it)
    • Re-installing graphics card driver

It is hard to sleep the computer after the first sleep wake up, it could take up to 5 mins. Shutting it down is also an issue, it could take minutes, or even causes a BSOD with error code 'DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE'. (all these anomalies occur after waking up from the first sleep, and I am on a laptop)

I wonder if there is a solution to this problem. Thanks!

Before sleep:

System and Compressed Memory uses 40% CPU after waking up from sleep [​IMG]

After waking up from sleep:

:)

danny7899, Aug 18, 2017
  2. josejoa Win User

High Memory usage by ntoskrnl.exe System after upgrading to windows 10 home

And I noted that with superfetch active CPU of System and Memory compressed goes up from 0 to 0,5%, no more, thank you. Though with more memory use goes up from 0,5% of CPU (now with 35 40 Mb of memory goes from 1,7to 4% of CPU), i think i will disable
    superfetch.

josejoa, Aug 18, 2017
  3. System and Compressed Memory uses up to 35% CPU after waking up from sleep on WIndows 10

The computer seems to work pretty much fine after every startup, but problems starts emerging after waking up from sleep/hibernation. After waking up from sleep, I notice that the computer starts heating up and fans are throttling.
    The 'System and Compressed Memory' process reaches up to 35% as seen on task manager, using Process Explorer, I can see that the thread 'ntoskrnl.exe!CcCopyWriteWontFlush+0xb50' seems to be causing the issue. Some peripherals also sometimes stops working after
    waking up from sleep, such as fingerprint sensor, WiFi, and screen brightness not being able to be changed. The only way to but things back is by restarting the computer, which is rather inconvenient. I wonder if there is a solution to this problem. Thanks!

DannyAugust, Aug 18, 2017
  4. System and Compressed Memory uses 40% CPU after waking up from sleep

You should upgrade to CU, that might fix it. Other than that, try disabling superfetch/prefetching.

Code: sc config SysMain start= disabled net stop SysMain /y reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters" /v "EnablePrefetcher" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters" /v "EnableSuperfetch" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters" /v "SfTracingState" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Aug 18, 2017
  5. danny7899 Win User
    Hi TairikuOkami, I've tried disabling superfetch and prefetch but that gives no change. I will update as soon as I've upgrade to CU.
    Thank you for your time.

danny7899, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System and Compressed Memory uses 40% CPU after waking up from sleep

1. System and Compressed Memory uses 40% CPU after waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - System Compressed Memory

2. After waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  3. System and compressed memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System and compressed memory: System and compressed memory is not showing in task manager, is it because I have enough RAM? Thanks. 62163
  4. System and compressed memory high CPU usage

System and compressed memory high CPU usage: Hi, recently the process called System and compressed memory started acting up, when I'm browsing demanding sites CPU usage spikes to 20%-40% causing my sounds to get crackles and freeze for a split second. It's extremely annoying and was not happening before. It started this...
  5. System and Compressed Memory

System and Compressed Memory: Is there any way to stop the "system and compressed memory" from happening? I am so annoyed by it's constant 90% Memory usage! I used to have only 8 GB of RAM and it would use 7GB out of the whole 8GB. I recently upgraded to 16GB and everything was fine. System and Compressed...
  6. Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?

Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?: I noticed the C P U fan spinning @ 5950 rpm and decided to consult the task manager. The System & Compressed Memory is using 20% of the cpu. Why ? Thank you. 59085
  7. System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory

System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory: Several problems are happening. I don’t know if the extent to which they are related but here they are: Earlier today, I attempted, but failed, to install the latest update for the AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC). In one place, a message said that it had installed...
  8. High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory

High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory: Hello everyone , well, for a while I 'm having problems with locking while I surf the internet after five minutes browsing the facebook the browser begins to catch and is impossible to do anything , I noticed that this occurs when the system and compressed memory reaches 15%...
  9. System and compressed memory & System interrupts unfixable CPU usage

System and compressed memory & System interrupts unfixable CPU usage: Hi! So my friend has a PC with Windows 10 (installed from USB-Stick with the WindowsMediaCreationTool). It ran fine for about two weeks, which is when the problem started: The "System and compressed memory" and "System interrupts" processes taking up *a lot* of CPU time even...
  10. "System and Compressed Memory" going to 40% CPU in Win10

"System and Compressed Memory" going to 40% CPU in Win10: Hi, I know this problem is caused by the latest GeForce driver, I was hoping someone could tell me which version introduced the issue. I have Win10 64-bit on an i5, 16 GB RAM, GTX 570, OS is installed on a SSD. Everything was working fine with Win10, games, apps, ran...