Windows 10: System and Compressed Memory

Discus and support System and Compressed Memory in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there any way to stop the "system and compressed memory" from happening? I am so annoyed by it's constant 90% Memory usage! I used to have only 8 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by eh9000, Feb 19, 2016.

1. eh9000 Win User

System and Compressed Memory

Is there any way to stop the "system and compressed memory" from happening? I am so annoyed by it's constant 90% Memory usage! I used to have only 8 GB of RAM and it would use 7GB out of the whole 8GB. I recently upgraded to 16GB and everything was fine. System and Compressed memory was only using 1-2GB but now it's skyrocketed up to using 90% memory (14GB). What the hell is this feature? It's making my computer lag. *Mad*Sad

System and Compressed Memory [​IMG]

:)

eh9000, Feb 19, 2016
  2. shanemcr Win User

System and compressed memory and System interrupts processes use 100% of 1 CPU logical processor the whole time

I've done the shutdown workaround so it is not reproducing right now. It's hard for me to believe that my data will be more useful than the many instances previously collected. From web search this problem is rampant. But in any case I'll be happy to help
    in case my data happens to be useful.

shanemcr, Feb 19, 2016
  3. System and compressed memory and System interrupts processes use 100% of 1 CPU logical processor the whole time

I have the same issue on my surface pro 3.

I tried shutdown, upgrade and after 1 month, still the same problem.

My surface is always hot, the fan noisy....

Surface pro 3 is a Microsoft official hardware. I have exclusively Microsoft software on it (Windows 10 forced upgrade, Office, VS..) except Photoshop And Adobe Reader. What a shame that Microsoft introduce this bug and cannot avoid it. Officially, they
    just say that is normal.

JsonFile.com, Feb 19, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Your non-paged pool size is crazy. It's 190MB on my PC with 8GB RAM.

eLPuSHeR, Feb 19, 2016
  5. eh9000 Win User
    I have no idea what that even means.

eh9000, Feb 19, 2016
  6. Snakeyes Win User
    One of your apps/programs has a memory leak. You need to identify and shutdown that program. Use Google to check for memory leak information on your installed software. Software that leaks in one situation is likely to repeat that on some percentage of other PCs.

Snakeyes, Feb 19, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    I.e. the problem is not system and compressed memory - which is using little CPU and around 1% of your RAM.

Try a clean boot (search if unsure how- easily found) and see if the high RAM use still occurs.
    If not, progressively enable some programs until it does again. That way you can start to identify the culprit.

dalchina, Feb 19, 2016
  8. LMiller7 Win User

Clearly the cause of the problem is the Non paged Pool which is many times a reasonable value. Typically it would be less than the Paged Pool which is 395 MB. This is usually caused by a driver problem, not likely a process. This can be difficult to diagnose.

LMiller7, Feb 19, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Fair enough, my next steps would have been Safe Mode and disable drivers.. but I'm happy to leave it to you as it's not one I've had to deal with personally.

dalchina, Feb 19, 2016
  10. McPlot Win User
    It may be the "Killer Network Manager" software. If you uninstall it, the issue goes away, but so does network as it uninstalls the network adapter drivers as well. The good new is, there is a fix.

First, go to Killer Networking - Killer Suite and download the new version, but do not install it yet. Just save it and know where the file is located.

Then, uninstall the current version through the control panel. You will have to restart the computer. Once the computer is back up, run the new software installer. The new version that was released January 2016, doesn't seem to have that same issue.

I think the old version of the software has a memory leak causing this issue.

Just a FYI, the "Killer Network Manager" software is part of Qualcomms Aethos Killer Wireless-AC / Wireless-N and wired E2200 / E2400 network cards. Without the software, you have no internet.

McPlot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. System and Compressed Memory - Similar Threads - System Compressed Memory

2. memory compression

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  3. memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  4. memory compression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System and compressed memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System and compressed memory: System and compressed memory is not showing in task manager, is it because I have enough RAM? Thanks. 62163
  6. System and compressed memory high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System and compressed memory high CPU usage: Hi, recently the process called System and compressed memory started acting up, when I'm browsing demanding sites CPU usage spikes to 20%-40% causing my sounds to get crackles and freeze for a split second. It's extremely annoying and was not happening before. It started this...
  7. System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage)

System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage): Hello there, I am here today as I have had a problem with System and Compressed Memory since I installed Windows 10 back in December of 2015. Now keep in mind, this isn't a normal issue, as I have yet to actually find anything in regards to what to do to fix this. (I have...
  8. Poor system performance with memory compression

Poor system performance with memory compression: So, I'm having a hard time being convinced that memory compression (aka. Superfetch) is designed to improve system performance, because ever since I upgraded to windows 10, it's been doing the exact opposite. Now, I'm one of those guys who likes to leave their system on...
  9. High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory

High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory: Hello everyone , well, for a while I 'm having problems with locking while I surf the internet after five minutes browsing the facebook the browser begins to catch and is impossible to do anything , I noticed that this occurs when the system and compressed memory reaches 15%...
  10. What is System and compressed memory ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is System and compressed memory ?: Why it's taking 380MB of my memory ? Does it important or there is a way to disable it ? 44359