Windows 10: System and file maintenence

Discus and support System and file maintenence in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am usin Version 19555 I don't see much anymore about file and system maitenence so my question is basically is defrag and etc gone or have I missed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by enigma1944, Feb 6, 2020.

1. System and file maintenence

I am usin Version 19555

I don't see much anymore about file and system maitenence so my question is basically is defrag and etc gone or have I missed something Thanks

:)

enigma1944, Feb 6, 2020

2. system hangs

Let’s run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to perform maintenance tasks and clean up unused files and shortcuts. Please follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type in Troubleshooting and select it from the results.
    • Click View all.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose Try troubleshooting as an administrator and follow the steps.

Keep us posted.

Josette Sal, Feb 6, 2020
  3. System maintenance alert recently started appearing

If unwanted/unused system files and folders are retained in the computer, it will bog down the system causing slow performance.

See if this helps.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Select View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • After the troubleshooting is completed, check the status for any missing system components on the computer.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective

Smittychat., Feb 6, 2020
  4. System and file maintenence

File Explorer

HI,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the followings steps:

Method 1: Try the followings steps to run System maintenance troubleshooter:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “System and security”

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Install all the available patches from Windows update.

Refer the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Windows update settings" without quotes and hit enter.

• Under Updates click on check for updates

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

System and file maintenence

1. System and file maintenence - Similar Threads - System file maintenence

2. Maintenance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maintenance: Why does the maintenance in progress flag stay on forever, it seems. how long should it take to complete the process? i am running Windows 8.1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maintenance/f6b0edf7-364a-45fe-a383-4ba9cbd06807
  3. System Maintenance problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Maintenance problems: Maintenance will not stop running in windows 11. I start the task and it will run all day until i stop it manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-maintenance-problems/412cdd84-a0f9-4c3d-89b8-aa2d3e9c9642
  4. System Maintenance problems

System Maintenance problems: Maintenance will not stop running in windows 11. I start the task and it will run all day until i stop it manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-maintenance-problems/412cdd84-a0f9-4c3d-89b8-aa2d3e9c9642
  5. System Maintenance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Maintenance: Is it OK to uninstall older versions of Visual C++ in the control panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-maintenance/d6ecd647-87f5-47ac-b9e6-966c0c3e4581
  6. Maintenance

Maintenance: Automatic Maintenance is up to ETA 160 +. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maintenance/bed72cf4-9661-46d5-b3e9-b638eee618a1
  7. Operating system maintenance, laptop

Operating system maintenance, laptop: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please let me know how to make a maintenance of the laptop operating system. I mention that I installed Windows 10 Home licensed laptop on my laptop. Wait for response! A day as quiet as possible! God bless!...
  8. Good system cleaner/maintenance software?

Good system cleaner/maintenance software?: What's everyone using as a good system cleaner/maintenance app these days, like ccleaner? 120230
  9. Tiworker.exe, "preparing windows...", system maintenance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tiworker.exe, "preparing windows...", system maintenance: Hi all, my Win 10 Pro AU is very new and clean, and installed with the latest update (two days ago). Today, I leave alone my pc for a long time. When I back I found "WINDOWS MODULES INSTALLER" to 20% of CPU and the system fan very loud. I found that is...
  10. Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter in Windows: How to: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter in Windows How to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will automatically run the System Maintenance troubleshooter on a scheduled basis in the background to check for...