Windows 10: System and other windows processes causing high disk usage

Discus and support System and other windows processes causing high disk usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having disk usage problems for a long while and have been reluctant to buy new drives since i'm having a problem with both my SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rooguuee, Jun 4, 2020.

1. System and other windows processes causing high disk usage

Hello,

I've been having disk usage problems for a long while and have been reluctant to buy new drives since i'm having a problem with both my SSD and HDD using 100% disk, sometimes its games, sometimes its other applications, however they usually sit at about 70% of both of my drives put together (which is still a problem but i guess that will possibly fix when i sort out the problem with system) when i have the problem with said programs.

But i seem to notice whilst i am doing other things that System sometimes spikes to 100% disk usage on both my drives and then shoots back down when i tab onto task manager, this also happens with other things such as registry and event log. I'm pretty novice when it comes to windows 10 and tech in general so I've just tried most fixes i have found online, none of these have seemed to help.

If you have any suggestions or possible causes please let me know as it would be of great help and value.

P.S

If this is poorly worded, sorry, I'm appalling at explaining. Especially through text.

submitted by /u/Rooguuee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rooguuee, Jun 4, 2020

2. System and Compressed Memory High Disk Usage

Hi Yousef,

As you are facing issues with high system memory usage on your PC, we will help you with this issue.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with CPU usage by the processes on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

These issues might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 4, 2020
  3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 4, 2020
  4. System and other windows processes causing high disk usage

High Disk Usage Due to "System" Process?

Hi,

There are different factors that can affect the performance of your Windows 10 device. This includes recent updates, device drivers that need to be updated and much more. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were you able to verify which system process was having a high disk usage?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, you can follow the steps on this
    link
    in there order they are posted to improve the performance of your device.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

System and other windows processes causing high disk usage

1. System and other windows processes causing high disk usage - Similar Threads - System processes causing

2. The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage: Win 10 22H2 on my laptop Thinkpad X1 Nano.The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage in task manager, which makes my laptop runs at a high frequency over 3Ghz and on a high temperature.Picture 2: So I open the Process Hacker, there is a 'IoStopTimer' thread in the...
  3. The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage: Win 10 22H2 on my laptop Thinkpad X1 Nano.The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage in task manager, which makes my laptop runs at a high frequency over 3Ghz and on a high temperature.Picture 2: So I open the Process Hacker, there is a 'IoStopTimer' thread in the...
  4. The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High disk usage due to "System" process

High disk usage due to "System" process: Hey community,I am YeasirI have been facing this issue more than 1 week. I tried a lot of ways to solve this problem but no luck. My computer significantly slowed down. Even it lags when I watch YouTube videos. I noticed when I do any activity like watching videos, the disk...
  6. High disk usage cause of system process

High disk usage cause of system process: I am having problem with 100% disk usage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage-cause-of-system-process/8f559f1a-634a-469f-9898-96ecaad3065c
  7. High "system" process disk usage

High "system" process disk usage: I am having this issue from yesterday. My computer suddenly slow down. I went to task manager and saw system process at top of task manager window. I tried lot of stuff and did not work. I updated windows some days ago. I need help ASAP cause I use this computer for class....
  8. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I tried everything regarding this issue!!! It still causes high disk usage. It is mentionable that keeping the screen idle for some time reduces the disk usage for the "system" but keeping idle every time is not possible as I have work to do. Please give me solutions other...
  9. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I don't want to describe anything!! See the screenshot and give me a fix. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-causing-high-disk-usage/af41e44e-be3d-49d9-85d0-816bd7639b41
  10. "System" process causing 100% disk usage.

"System" process causing 100% disk usage.: I have a strange problem past few months. My laptop is slow in boot and has performance issues although my CPU, GPU and memory usage never hits above 50% but the process "system" utilizes about 15mb-30mb in hdd and therefore my disk usage is never under 90%. Step I have...