Windows 10: System and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up.

Discus and support System and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/oRamzi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gl93zi/system_and_reserve_takes_up_75_gb_of_storage_on/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oRamzi, May 17, 2020.

1. /u/oRamzi Win User

System and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up.

/u/oRamzi, May 17, 2020

2. System and reserved taking 75 GB of space

Okay so I have windows installed in my SSD but the problem is in about 30 minutes system and reserved goes from 43GB to 75 GB and pretty much getting my SSD full. Thing is, when I turn off my computer my space goes back to normal but then if you refresh
    the (cSystem and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up. :) Drive it starts losing GB pretty fast. It also doesn't allow me to delete temporary files as when I do "delete them" it takes me back to the "This PC (CSystem and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up. :)" Page. Anyone has had this problem before? English isn't my main language and I couldn't find
    a topic with how I search it for and I've asked multiple friends and they have no idea.
    System and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up. 7094bf96-ce89-493a-89fe-dc678d199f04.png

CtrlAltViruZ, May 17, 2020
  3. Volume in drive C is reserved by system

I'm trying to access the directory of my drive C through the cmd (with administration), but instead I get "Volume in drive C is reserved by system".

I can access drive D very easily.

Any suggestions how I may access it?

RoyalPancake34, May 17, 2020
  4. System and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up.

Win10 Pro installed on SSD (C drive) with restore points turned off. System>Storage>Cdrive>System and Reserved>System Restore 15.5GBs !!!

As the title says, Win 10 Pro installed on SSD drive with Restore Points turned off, System Protection off, etc...However, System>Storage>C drive>System and Reserved>System Restore 15.5GBs and growing. Have tried to delete, but according to system there
    are no restore points to delete. Is Win 10 reading the storage amt wrong? Any suggestions??? Thank you...

RalphDorado, May 17, 2020
Thema:

System and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up.

1. System and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up. - Similar Threads - System Reserve takes

2. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  3. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  4. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why is my windows defender taking up 150 gb and how do i clear it?

why is my windows defender taking up 150 gb and how do i clear it?: i opened my file explorer and it said that my hard drive was really full 953mb free of 237gb i dont know what happened as this is a new computere and i havent done anything more than download flashpoint 9.0 infinity, not the collectors version put a few old files on this...
  6. Windows System and reserved files are taking up to 395 GB

Windows System and reserved files are taking up to 395 GB: Previously I had windows 8.1 in my hp laptop. When I installed windows 10 pro on in it, the windows files started taking about 395 GB. I don't know which file is taking so much storage. Please help me to fix this issue. Thank you...
  7. System taking up 899 GB of storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System taking up 899 GB of storage: I recently installed windows on my mac through bootcamp. The only thing I did once I opened windows was install a few games that wasn’t available on mac. However, the systems was taking up 899 GB of storage. How do I fix this problem? What I’ve tried: Restarting my mac...
  8. My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My system & reserved takes up 374GB of storage. How do I make it not do that??: [ATTACH] I'm using a mac pro laptop with windows boot camp installed, I've set aside a decent chunk of storage from my hardrive for it so I could play windows only and 32-bit games, but a majority of it is taken up by system files that I cant delete. This seemed to happen...
  9. Windows system taking up 190 gb on my C: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows system taking up 190 gb on my C: drive: I've noticed that I have been running low on space on my PC and after I uninstalled a few games it did little to help me I did some further investigation and used TreeSize and saw that most of my space is taken up by windows but more specifically the temp folder in there I...
  10. System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB: Hello, I have 225 GB SSD laptop that was originally running Windows 7. When WIndows 10 offered free upgrades, I took advantage of that to upgrade my OS to Windows 10. I don't use my laptop much, but noticed that lately I've been having issues with storage space. I noticed...