Windows 10: System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space

Discus and support System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10 on a new SurfacePro. There's only two applications reinstalled and 0 files. The System and Reserve are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JB3_856, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:07 PM.

1. JB3_856 Win User

System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space

I just uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10 on a new SurfacePro. There's only two applications reinstalled and 0 files. The System and Reserve are taking about 150 GB of space. Something seems wrong.

Normally, I'm an Apple user. But I need this device to work with Zoom for my classes.

:)

2. System and reserved taking 75 GB of space

Okay so I have windows installed in my SSD but the problem is in about 30 minutes system and reserved goes from 43GB to 75 GB and pretty much getting my SSD full. Thing is, when I turn off my computer my space goes back to normal but then if you refresh
    the (cSystem and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space :) Drive it starts losing GB pretty fast. It also doesn't allow me to delete temporary files as when I do "delete them" it takes me back to the "This PC (CSystem and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space :)" Page. Anyone has had this problem before? English isn't my main language and I couldn't find
    a topic with how I search it for and I've asked multiple friends and they have no idea.
    System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space 7094bf96-ce89-493a-89fe-dc678d199f04.png

3. system and reserve files taking too much space

My system and reserve files are taking up 105 of the 119 GB available - what can I do about this. I have been running this system for about 4 years and this problem only just started happening a few months ago - I have followed all the steps of cleaning
    and optimizing storage

4. Rey Bel1 Win User

windows 10 system and reserve taking up too much space

Hi,

Windows Restore Points does eat up tremendous amount of your disk space and clearing it would indeed help free up some space. Aside from restore points, there are other invisible factors that can eat away your hard drive space like temporary and cached files.
    For us to better understand why you keep on getting error messages about your storage space being full, we would like to ask the following questions:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
    • Which Windows version and build is you device running? Type winver on the search bar, and then press
      Enter to find out.
    • What specific error message or error code did you get?
    • Could you repost the screenshots again?

In the meantime, we suggest you check the steps provided by Greg Carmack on this

thread
    about clearing system and reserve after an upgrade and see if it helps.

We look forward to your response.

Thema:

1. System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space - Similar Threads - System Reserve taking

2. system and reserve files taking too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    system and reserve files taking too much space: My system and reserve files are taking up 105 of the 119 GB available - what can I do about this. I have been running this system for about 4 years and this problem only just started happening a few months ago - I have followed all the steps of cleaning and optimizing storage...
  3. So, windows decided to take up 500 GB as system reserved.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So, windows decided to take up 500 GB as system reserved.: Ive googled it, but nothing worked. You read it right. Windows takes up 500 GB, wich is... Not great. Ive looked in partition manager, where i saw a few partitions, besides c: . So, a i think its normal, that there are a few partitions, but i dont think its normal, that one...
  4. What is taking 100 GB of space?

What is taking 100 GB of space?: Hey, My PC's C disk was nearly fulled so i tried to clear some programs on it but when i was trying to check what do delete it says 85 GB is downloaded. But when i check every program on it and sum up the GB's its maximum 20 GB. So i was wondering how can i find what's...
  5. System and reserved taking 300Gb

System and reserved taking 300Gb: The system and reserved files are taking almost 400gb in my c: drive. I have done a fresh install but it grew again. https://gyazo.com/b70fb9d2dfde8d29de599bfa154e0f6d submitted by /u/Aarav2you [link] [comments]...
  6. System & Reserved taking huge hard disk space in Windows 10

System & Reserved taking huge hard disk space in Windows 10: Hi! My system disk system files take 111gb of memory. I cleaned WinSxS folder but still its a lot of memory. I checked C:\Windows\Logs\CBS but its only 271mb. What can i do to clean my disk? Thanks...
  7. System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space: My computer was warning me about having limited space left, so I checked what was taking up space on my PC and saw this [img] I saw somebody recommend TreeSize to look into what was taking up space and saw this [img] The installer folder and srudb.dat are taking up...
  8. System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB: Hello, I have 225 GB SSD laptop that was originally running Windows 7. When WIndows 10 offered free upgrades, I took advantage of that to upgrade my OS to Windows 10. I don't use my laptop much, but noticed that lately I've been having issues with storage space. I noticed...
  9. Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space: Hi i have brand new laptop running windows 10. Basically an empty laptop, after the latest windows 10 updates, i kept getting pop up informing me that i have a low ssd disk space and my battery can't seems to charge when the power is plugged in. i need help on this!...
  10. Space on System Reserved E

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Space on System Reserved E: I keep getting every few minutes a warning that I am out of disk space on system reserved E. I have seen on the page ( I don't know what to call it ), but the icon for system reserved E shows a complete red line, it's full. I don't know how to get rid of the problem and get...