Windows 10: System and Reserved Files filling entire c: drive free space 325GB

Discus and support System and Reserved Files filling entire c: drive free space 325GB in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having the same problem as described here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by T-revly, Dec 26, 2020.

1. T-revly Win User

System and Reserved Files filling entire c: drive free space 325GB

I'm having the same problem as described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-and-reserved-files-are-taking-too-much/e73bc888-fff5-409a-8d91-d55b6a3aa843

where no real answer was provided.

In August 2020 I did a complete clean reinstall of Windows 10 1909, now updated to 20H2 to address this problem, and today in December 2020 the System files according to Storage Settings → System & Reserved are now taking up all 325 GB of the free space on my c: drive. Can't even save a file to my OneDrive.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb is fairly big but only 29.4 GB. I could probably stop the windows search service and delete it, but that's not even 10% of this problem, and the space I might gain would presumably soon be taken over by whatever is eating most of the rest of this space now.

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS isn't the problem either, it's only a few MB I can't give the precise figure as Windows Explorer has now frozen.

Any other tips? Thanks in advance.

:)

T-revly, Dec 26, 2020
  2. AKK17 Win User

C drive space filling

My C drive space in Windows 10 is filling up rapidly. I tried deleting CBS files but that weren't occupying much space.

I used Treesize but not able to make sense of which file is occupying unnecessary space and which file to delete.

AKK17, Dec 26, 2020
  3. [Suejin] Win User
    C drive space filling

Have you check if Windows is currently downloading an update?

You can try the suggested steps on this article:

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/...

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

[Suejin], Dec 26, 2020
  4. System and Reserved Files filling entire c: drive free space 325GB

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

System and Reserved Files filling entire c: drive free space 325GB

1. System and Reserved Files filling entire c: drive free space 325GB - Similar Threads - System Reserved Files

2. C drive free space reduced by hidden files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive free space reduced by hidden files: Hello, everyone, I'm Arjun.My C drive is showing wrong information about the space used.All the folders in the C driver cumulatively use 62.5GB and my C drive is about 195GB.But the C drive is showing the amount of free space is only 92.6GB.Where is this space approx. 40GB...
  3. C drive free space reduced by hidden files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive free space reduced by hidden files: Hello, everyone, I'm Arjun.My C drive is showing wrong information about the space used.All the folders in the C driver cumulatively use 62.5GB and my C drive is about 195GB.But the C drive is showing the amount of free space is only 92.6GB.Where is this space approx. 40GB...
  4. C drive free space reduced by hidden files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Freeing space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing space on C drive: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110 I am trying to free up space on my C drive which is a 500Gb SSD. I install all programs to my 2Tb HD. Windirstat tells me Tom Tom the sat nav takes up 153 Gb on my C drive. So I want to uninstall it. Windows said it was uninstalling it from...
  6. C drive space automatically filling up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive space automatically filling up.: My c drive space is automatically filling up. There are max 10 software which I install. This software require space not more than 10GB. I have 150GB space in my c drive. After installing windows 10 107GB space are left. After installing all the software almost 90GB space...
  7. C drive space filling Up

C drive space filling Up: Whenever I open any application and i check my disk space 3-4gb automatically filled up. There's also extra space taken by some applications when I install them as compare to there requirement. I have tried resetting windows but this problem exist. My drive health is also...
  8. C drive space filling

C drive space filling: My C drive space in Windows 10 is filling up rapidly. I tried deleting CBS files but that weren't occupying much space. I used Treesize but not able to make sense of which file is occupying unnecessary space and which file to delete....
  9. Volume in drive C is reserved by system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume in drive C is reserved by system: I'm trying to access the directory of my drive C through the cmd (with administration), but instead I get "Volume in drive C is reserved by system". I can access drive D very easily. Any suggestions how I may access it?...
  10. System files in reserved space problem

System files in reserved space problem: Hello, I've got a serious problem with my windows system files which are in reserved space. I can't clean it up in any way, I've tried all solutions I'd found on the Internet like cleaning up disk, optimising, defragmenting, and using windows tools to free up all caches and...