Windows 10: System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them?

Discus and support System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Can any one help me. I was checking my storage on pc and find out that almost all GB are are used by system and reserved files, and it is more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by edzalsd, Aug 18, 2015.

1. edzalsd Win User

System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them?

Hello! Can any one help me. I was checking my storage on pc and find out that almost all GB are are used by system and reserved files, and it is more than 70GB.
    How can I delete these files?

Thanks

System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them? [​IMG]

:)

edzalsd, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Rohn007 Win User

System files on external hard drive

This link has a screen cap that explains some of the things considered part of "system and reserved".

https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/17646...

You can click on any of the categories to get more information about what makes that total.

Rohn007, Aug 18, 2015
  3. C drive Full due to "system reserved & restore" section (win 10)

Hi

I have a surface pro 128Gb version with Windows 10.

Since i updated my laptop to latest windows 10 version, C drive is getting filled up very frequently & when i check the major contributor of the same, it comes out to be "system reserved & restore" which has reserved 70Gb+ memory.

Tried disc cleanup, system & temporary files cleanup, restore points deletion but all had no impact.

Please support in resolving this.

HimanshuRishi, Aug 18, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Would be better if you post a screen shot of Disk Management: Win+X-> Disk Management

topgundcp, Aug 18, 2015
  5. edzalsd Win User

edzalsd, Aug 18, 2015
  6. edzalsd Win User

edzalsd, Aug 18, 2015
  7. My "System and reserved" (Windows 10 Pro, started with a clean installation, I've since installed 5.51 GB of applications) is 16.7 GB.

Do you have a C:\Windows.old folder? If so, how big is it?

MaximRecoil, Aug 18, 2015
  8. edzalsd Win User

It's 4.6GB

edzalsd, Aug 18, 2015
  9. How big is your C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository\OBJECTS.DATA file?

10. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Aug 18, 2015
  11. edzalsd Win User
    24mb

edzalsd, Aug 18, 2015
  12. That file has been known to get bloated, at least in some past versions of Windows; obviously not the case here. I was going to suggest next that you do a search for the largest files/folders on your C:\ drive, but topgundcp beat me to it. Windows Explorer is too inept to be particularly good at this type of search, so a third-party application is best, such as the one he suggested.

13. edzalsd Win User

edzalsd, Aug 18, 2015
  14. hiphopper Win User
    First of all the message is pretty clear, the Windows system files cannot be deleted. However your Windows.old folder can be deleted. The easiest way is to run disk clean up. Click Start and type disk clean. You should see the program. Run it and the select the Clean System files button. Select what to delete and select Ok.

Hopefully that helps.

hiphopper, Aug 18, 2015
  15. topgundcp Win User
    Use this command from the Admin Command Prompt instead. It is an extended version of Cleanmgr.exe.
    %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:35 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:35
    Put a check mark on everything except Setup Log Files. You also get a prompt to confirm if you want to delete files from previous Windows (Windows.old), answer yes NOTE: If you do this then you won't be able to roll back to the previous Windows.
    Yes

topgundcp, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them? - Similar Threads - System reserved files

2. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  3. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  4. Deleted system 32 files in Windows 10. How to reinstall them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted system 32 files in Windows 10. How to reinstall them?: Hi, I have a Dell computer that had Windows 10 built in and downloaded on setup. I have accidently deleted all system 32 files. How do I reinstall them given I do not have any discs? I am also only an intermediate user with limited computer skills....
  5. Strange 70gb file that i cant delete

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange 70gb file that i cant delete: so i was looking through some files on my computer and eventually found my way (with some difficulties due to windows not giving me permission) to the windowsapps folder in my d: drive. it had 3 files in it, but only one was of interest. It was titled...
  6. Accidentally deleted system reserved partirion

Accidentally deleted system reserved partirion: How can I restore it without reinstalling? submitted by /u/gerardit04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h95drf/accidentally_deleted_system_reserved_partirion/
  7. Delete Old System Reserved Partition?

Delete Old System Reserved Partition?: Hi, I have just built a new PC and have installed a new installation of Windows on an NVMe drive. I then took out my old hard drives from my previous PC and installed them in my new one, I want to be able to use them all for storage. When I go into Disk Management I see all...
  8. Deleting files in System Reserved Partition EFI in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files in System Reserved Partition EFI in Windows 10: For some reason, android is in my system reserved partition and it is taking up all of the space. How can I get rid of android form my system reserved partition?...
  9. System & Reserved files huge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved files huge: Hi All. I cloned my hard drive to a new Samsung 500 GB Hard drive. The problem I see is that the disk is nearly full due to the System & Reserved files being 318GB (see snapshots below). According to WinDirStat, only 145GB is being used. Looking at Storage, the System...
  10. 15 GBs used by system and reserved?

in Windows 10 Customization
    15 GBs used by system and reserved?: I've done everything other online sources told me to do, i cleaned the disk, but there is no windows update thing for windows 10. Why does it take up so much space...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windwos system rteserver 70gb